Thread: So Arnolds first film is...

Administrator

England

So Arnolds first film is...

...not Terminator 5... But "Cry Macho"...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/49518

The film is ostensibly about Arnold's character, a horse breeder who loses his wife and son in a tragic accident after he wins the Kentucky Derby. Despondent and a drunk, Arnold's character gets a new lease on life when the rich investor he works for tells him to get his son out of Mexico or be fired. I'm not sure if this is an action film, a drama, or a comedy, but I'd be surprised if there isn't some bonding that takes place as Arnold and the investor's son try to make it back home.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    "Dese pee-apple need eeeeyaar!!"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    pass.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    pass.
    I'm more interested in this project than T5 TBH
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'm down for it. Arnold playing beaten and bruised characters with an alcohol problem fit his persona in a wierd way. I've always liked it when he wasn't playing the average good guy. It's more rugged when he's really got nothing to lose..

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I'm down for it. Arnold playing beaten and bruised characters with an alcohol problem fit his persona in a wierd way. I've always liked it when he wasn't playing the average good guy. It's more rugged when he's really got nothing to lose..
    I'd have to agree there actually, I thought he was quite decent in that End of Days, bit less wooden than usual!

United States
    So many Arnold quotes and unintelligible sounds went through my mind that it overloaded.
    I think Dana Carvey and Kevin Nealon should finally make a Hans und Franz movie where the eventual goal is to kidnap Arnie and finally morph into a three headed hunk of man meat and conquer the world, one flabby, girly muscle at a time...
    Yah.