Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TWD 4x12 "Still" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN**

United States
    Beth knows she won't survive much longer, just like she said to Daryl. After living in fear for almost 2 years I don't blame her for wanting her first taste of alcohol before she finally departs.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post
    Cant say I can completely justify it as I would prefer walls between me and the walkers. When I reflect on that scene I think they are coming from the perspective of Hershel's speech at the prison, "you risk your life". With the probable loss of their loved ones, I believe the scene is representing Beth and Daryl coming to peace with the new world and their shortened life span. Almost as if they are laughing at whats to come instead of living in constant fear. After all the prison was a great fortified defense against walkers and in the end, it didnt matter. So I dont think it is a "we don't really care" moment but rather, throw your hands in the air and yell, "fuck it".
    This was my thinking also. I believe the scene is a response to the fear mentioned by Beth in the prologue to "Inmates", where she claims she's becoming afraid that it's just easier to be afraid.
    Come on Robin, to the Bat Cave! There's not a moment to lose!

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Didn't quite get the burn the house down in the dark so we attract loads of walkers and have to wander off in the dark completely unprepared... Another example of a we don't really care if we get muched to death moment?
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    Just looked at it as a moment of liberation and burying/burning a few ghosts.
    They probably did it because it's tighter narratively for them to make the decision and then immediately do it while they're still hopped up enough, rather than wait till the cold light of morning, when they might be less gung-ho about it ... plus, it's more about them doing as Legion said, casting aside their old lives, seeking a bit of rebellion (Daryl, Beth). Plus fire looks cooler at night so visually it's more stunning.

Realistically speaking though, yes, burning down your shelter in the middle of the night is daft. I'd have preferred it if they'd waited till morning, or they'd been asleep, then Beth woke up to see Daryl stewing over his thoughts, they talk, they decide to burn it down as the dawn light rises ... of course, production wise that's more of a headache as you'd have to shoot all night and hang around for dawn to come along, so just get it at night and be done with it ... even if it's not a wise move in terms of survivalism.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JonOfTheShred View Post
    ... Although I kind of wish there was less of the hissing and more moaning. Walking Dead zombies never do the zombie moan, which I always found creepier for some reason than the predator noises. There's a sadness to it. At least when zombies are in the distance, they should be moaning, then when a meal shows up they could revert to the more animalistic gnashing.
    this is something that's bothered me since season 3. i think i mentioned it on these boards a while back, maybe in the thread about the "your movie sucks: TWD" videos.

moaning, groaning, or just silence would work so much better. i really have thought about muting the tv during times when loads of walkers are on the screen, it's that annoying to me now.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    this is something that's bothered me since season 3. i think i mentioned it on these boards a while back, maybe in the thread about the "your movie sucks: TWD" videos.

moaning, groaning, or just silence would work so much better. i really have thought about muting the tv during times when loads of walkers are on the screen, it's that annoying to me now.
    Even Resi Evil zombies moaned as opposed to hissed...no scarier sound than a Resi Evil zombie groaning from the darkness when you are down to your last clip!
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

United States
    ^

totally agree....and no more annoying sound than a twd walker anytime it's on screen.

United States
    I've often thought of that myself; the moaning zombies from the Resident Evil 2 and 3 games are the most scary sounding zombies I've ever heard!

United States
    Not the greatest episode but still enjoying season 4 much more than season 3.
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie Snack View Post
    Not the greatest episode but still enjoying season 4 much more than season 3.
    We need more farming in this series
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    We need more farming in this series
    Lets hope "Lizzie the knife" finds any livestock before Rick does...
    Last edited by Legion2213; 08-Mar-2014 at 06:23 PM. Reason: .
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by legion2213 View Post
    lets hope "lizzie the knife" finds any livestock before rick does... :d
    lol!!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    Lets hope "Lizzie the knife" finds any livestock before Rick does...
    Whoa I just thought of a satisfying death for that little shit. She hops into livestock pen to play knives with piglets unaware that momma pig is watching. As she draws the knife near, momma pig attacks and mauls her to death.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post
    ... She hops into livestock pen to play knives with piglets...
    Reminds me of Rick earlier feeding the piglets to the walkers...

Hmmm... This episode started off great - hiding in the car boot and using the wing mirror/broken headlight and hubcabs was ace... but then it all went downhill...

Was the manikin that spooked Beth a shout-out to Dawn?

Dug the "Tempus Fugit" on the grandfather clock.... but kind of expected Beth to sing too.

Possibly the weakest TWD to date?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzbomb View Post
    Reminds me of Rick earlier feeding the piglets to the walkers...

Hmmm... This episode started off great - hiding in the car boot and using the wing mirror/broken headlight and hubcabs was ace... but then it all went downhill...

Was the manikin that spooked Beth a shout-out to Dawn?

Dug the "Tempus Fugit" on the grandfather clock.... but kind of expected Beth to sing too.

Possibly the weakest TWD to date?
    Weakest this season, yes. However, I still prefer it over "Bloodletting" and "Arrow on the Doorpost."
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Undisclosed
    I just hope to God there's more than two people in the next episode; not counting zombies, of course. The last ten minutes of this episode did not want to end. That conversation just went on and on and on and on...............