Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So ... I finally saw "The Happening" ...

Super Moderator

UK

So ... I finally saw "The Happening" ...

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    thats pretty much what i said a few months back, only i called the black haired bint "the **** kirsten dunst", the air, natures killer.

-though for the record lady in the water was a contemporary set fantasy tale that i loved, many didnt because its not horror, nor is there a twist, but yeah, go and give it a rewatch, its pretty damn cool i think.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It looks godawful.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Undisclosed
    It had its flaws but rather enjoyed it.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy911sc View Post
    It had its flaws but rather enjoyed it.
    You must have been high at the time, surely?

I just couldn't forgive how inept the script was, how stupid the dialogue was, how misplaced and mistimed and misjudged it all was ... oh it was heinous.

Never seen Lady in the Water, and never want to either.

MNS should just piss off and live off the proceeds, do us all a favour.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I can't get your blog to load, but what I'm gathering from your emoticon smashing its head against a wall, you didn't like the movie.

I didn't like it when I walked out of the theatre. Although, for the next few days I thought a lot of stuff over and replayed many scenes in my head and realized it's a great flick. It was SUPPOSED to have all of the bad qualities everyone complains about.

If you've ever been a fan of 80's B-grade horror movies, then you could easily see the beauty in this film if you just re-watch it or re-think it over.

Super Moderator

UK
    Loads fine for me.

But I don't buy all this "80's style b-movie" stuff, not only is it an insult to great 80's b-movies, but it's not even properly employed as a style in The Happening ... it's simply just sh*t.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    But it's purposely done sh*t!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    But it's purposely done sh*t!
    People say that about other movies too...but to some people they still just flat out suck

coughROTLDcough

Super Moderator

UK
    I really don't think The Happening was done sh*t on purpose, if it was, why wasn't that part of the promotion - "oh it's a tongue in cheek, b-movie gag-fest"?

No, Shalalalalalaaaaa just wrote, produced and directed an utter turd.

Only Marky Mark and the hotdog lover come out of that movie alive...well, not hot dog lover literally but you know...and why bother including Brian O'Halloran if you're just gonna ignore him then ditch him through an undercranked car's window?

God that movie was sh*te.

Undisclosed
    I liked the premise...I understand your point of view and simply disagree. It was not the best movie I have seen, but I thought it was better than planet terror. I don't need the non-stop action that today's youth requires. I enjoy the more slow paces suspense oriented films. If you think about it Jaws would never have been made today...it was slow building the story then bam! Now I am not comparing Jaws to the Happening, just the pacing of the film.

Super Moderator

UK
    That doesn't make any sense at all Skippy, Planet Terror and The Happening are so insanely different from one another.

Now if you compared it to something like The Day After Tomorrow, another enviro-minded film that talks a load of bollocks, there might be some discussion there, but ... Planet Terror? What hat did you draw that out of?

Undisclosed
    Havent seen the happening but agree on all the other films so will try and stay away from this stinker unless it fills the "3am quite drunk with friends" slot and even then I have a sea of cheesy films to fill that slot. Most notably the 80`s fighting movie collection! Thats what it actually says on the front : face palm : Shaft even makes an apperance!

Check out lady in the water its diffrent from the others, its a quite beautiful film and the best shot Ive seen at modern fantasy in a long time. Its actually worth a watch, my gf loved it so much she watched it and her taste is *mostly* bang on :mumble: dawnisaclassic :mumble:
    Why arent you laughing?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    it was not advertised as a b movie, ive yet to hear shyamilan say that BEFORE any reviews panned it.

its a poor as hell movie plain and simple, writing?, bad. acting?, oh yeah, very bad?- i can go on and on but its a clear cut case of preaching to an audience whilst treating them like idiots. hands down his worst movie.

Undisclosed
    I compared the Happening to Planet Terror because both are trying to be something different. As far as the acting goes...Bad...but give me the name of a Marky Mark movie that did not contain bad acting (that wasn't on purpose). Like I've stated before...it was entertaining, the death scenes were pretty cool, the plot...not so much. But I like the pace...building tension...was very similar, IMHO, to signs (as far as pacing goes). I like slow movies that build tension and then somewhat let you down...like the mist.