Thread: Campbell on Evil Dead 4

capncnut

Campbell on Evil Dead 4

Still no closer to happening but at least Campbell does shed some light on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodyDisgusting.com
    “When he’s ready, I’m ready,” star Bruce Campbell told MTV News referring to director Sam Raimi and THE EVIL DEAD remake. But what about the possibilities of an EVIL DEAD 4?

“Nobody knows anything,” he said. “I mean if we were really smart [though], we’d go back to a handheld movie and shoot it in 16mm and find someplace in the middle of nowhere. And have a crew of 10 people. If we were smart."
    Click for article.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    nice bit of info. thanks.

on a bit of a side note: does anyone else have a problem with these "just give the fans what they want" attitudes? i do. jesus, maybe sam raimi's priorities have changed over the years, maybe he's no longer interested in that particular story or in the character of ash. maybe he's grown sick of all the rigamorole around trying to get another one of these things off the ground.

filmmakers are not fan slaves, who need to bow and scrape every time the mob hoots and hollers for another movie involving characters and stories that might have grown stale and tired to the people who created them. maybe raimi just really isn't in to doing it.
    Last edited by Mike70; 16-Aug-2008 at 11:49 PM.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by scipio70 View Post
    jesus, maybe sam raimi's priorities have changed over the years, maybe he's no longer interested in that particular story or in the character of ash.
    Understatement of the century. And what a shame.

That said, his latest project, Drag Me To Hell, is supposed to be a 'spook-a-blast - a wild ride with all the chills and spills that The Evil Dead delivered, without relying on the excessive violence', whatever one can make from that.

The dude hasn't made anything resembling horror since Army Of Darkness in 1993 and it's that genre I respect him for the most. I think Ash has a good couple of installments left in him personally.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post

The dude hasn't made anything resembling horror since Army Of Darkness in 1993 and it's that genre I respect him for the most. I think Ash has a good couple of installments left in him personally.
    no he really hasn't.

i'd love to see another ash/evil dead movie as much as the next guy. it's this attitude some folks have, like raimi has nothing better to do than flip for their peanut that gets me.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    id say army of darkness was a fantasy adventure with horror themes, leading him up to xena and hercules.
    though i think, if there were a sequel, it should go by the original "oh god, i slept too long!" ending and go the sci-fi route.

-and cap, what about bubba hotep, campells performance as elvis was absolutely superb for such a low brow feature.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    cap, what about bubba hotep, campells performance as elvis was absolutely superb for such a low brow feature.
    Indeed, enjoyed the film immensely and Campbell put in a sterling performance. Bubba Nosferatu is another sequel I'm hoping to see in the near future.

But still, Raimi hasn't made a decent horror flick for donkeys years. I only hope Drag Me To Hell is the thrill ride that he has deprived us horror-heads of for the last fifteen years.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    i swear campbell is a genius

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I would like to see a fourth film, but you know everyone would hate it because it won't be like the original three. I mean, some of you guys have complained about the recent trend of new sequels to old franchises, but this one's okay?

If Raimi were to do a fourth, it would turn out like Land in the eyes of the fans. Most would hate it for being different.

United States
    I hope they make Evil Dead 4 some day.That would be great.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Honestly, I can live without an Evil Dead 4. It'd be so different anyway.

United States
    i think, if there were a sequel, it should go by the original "oh god, i slept too long!" ending and go the sci-fi route.
    Ditto. Deadites, Ash, and the post-apocalypse. T'would be righteous.

what about bubba hotep, campells performance as elvis was absolutely superb for such a low brow feature.
    Double ditto. That movie had unexpected heart. Bruce's performance was quite touching at some points. Bring on Bubba Nosferatu.

United States
    i think, if there were a sequel, it should go by the original "oh god, i slept too long!" ending and go the sci-fi route.

I agree.

Dead

Undisclosed
    As much as I would enjoy seeing an Evil Dead 4, I think it would be best just to leave the franchise alone. Rather than a movie maybe they could do a videogame sequel much like Ghostbusters 3. The previous games they've done were made with the best intentions considering Campbell returned to do the voice and Ted and Sam Raimi did the story work, but I think the generation of systems they were on held back what could've been a great sequel. I'd say go ahead and make another Evil Dead game and just go all out for the production quality.