Thread: Is the WII worth buying....

jersey is home, but i live in a truck that moves state to state
    United States

Is the WII worth buying....

I know i know it's probably a stupid question.... but i need help here ...i'm trying to convince my husband that its worth it...he loves golf and i'm trying to explain to him the benefits of th WII...but that's pretty much all i know about it the physical games they have...golf tennis, dance...etc....but for me i want to know about the RPG that come with it if any...so some insight would be greatly appreciated...
    "crippled but free...was blind all the time...i was learning to see" grateful dead

"when we blindly adopt religion, a political system, a literary dogma, we become automatons. We cease to grow..." Anais Nin

United States
    My kids got one about 6 months ago. The thing I like about it is that they don't sit there and just wiggle their thumbs. Wii Sports is great fun. Even adults who usually don't play video games play the Wii when they come to my house because it's fun and easy to use. We also have Warioware Smooth Moves (which I haven't played) and Carnival games which is OK. We just got Guitar Hero 3 which is great. All in all, it's money well spent.

Undisclosed
    If ya can find one...

I played around with one and consider myself a gamer but thought the wii was a little too cheeky. I just don't see the ultra violent games that I need and require coming out for the wii...thats not to say that they won't. I tried last year to get one for the kiddies but was left with a gamecube instead. I've been on the look out for a few friends and family for the past few weeks and still no wii. They get 25 in at 9am and they are gone by 10 am...

Canada
    no, get an atari.

jersey is home, but i live in a truck that moves state to state
    United States

now i feel old

i had that back when i was a kid....pac man...galaga...and pong....yeah your right i should get my kids into the vintage games....lol
    "crippled but free...was blind all the time...i was learning to see" grateful dead

"when we blindly adopt religion, a political system, a literary dogma, we become automatons. We cease to grow..." Anais Nin

Banned User

Undisclosed
    Yes, but only because its so cheap and youll get all your old favorite franchise games. I have a Wii and a 360. I play my Wii about once or twice a month or when my favorite games are released for it (which is rarely). I think its a substandard system, but I am stuck owning one if I want the next Zelda, Metroid etc.