Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: TWD 4x15 "Us" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN**

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post
    At minimum the season premier and finale should be 1.5 hours long. Its been spoken of but the commercial breaks are far too frequent and affect the flow.
    I'd be surprised if we ever see another extended premiere. The only episode intended to be longer than the usual hour time slot was Darabont's pilot. The Season Two premiere was only extended because it was two episodes that had to be edited together due to the whole Darabont departure fiasco. That's why we haven't seen any other extended episodes since.

United States
    I think a reason Terminus is seemingly empty is because it's a sort of rest stop where arrivals can chill out before moving along to the real deal (we did see numerous empty tracks running alongside the place). That would explain why it was apparently empty.

If it ends up being a bad spot, the people there wouldn't want to muddy up the place, right? Like, if you plan on capping someone, you take them out into the backyard to shoot them; you don't do it in your nice clean house.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I'd be surprised if we ever see another extended premiere. The only episode intended to be longer than the usual hour time slot was Darabont's pilot. The Season Two premiere was only extended because it was two episodes that had to be edited together due to the whole Darabont departure fiasco. That's why we haven't seen any other extended episodes since.
    The season two premiere was, I think, more to do with the first episode not being good enough in its original scripted form ... that's what I was reading. The deleted scenes on season two do show most of the cut content, and objectively yeah, it wasn't pushing things forward really and was more looking back than forward, so combining it with episode two - thus making a 60 minute episode - was a necessity.

I think that event gave some added impetus against Darabont in the bad departure that followed.

That's the impression I get, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by sandrock74 View Post
    I think a reason Terminus is seemingly empty is because it's a sort of rest stop where arrivals can chill out before moving along to the real deal (we did see numerous empty tracks running alongside the place). That would explain why it was apparently empty.

If it ends up being a bad spot, the people there wouldn't want to muddy up the place, right? Like, if you plan on capping someone, you take them out into the backyard to shoot them; you don't do it in your nice clean house.
    Interesting theory. Indeed - if it was to be a good place, you would want some sort of 'sorting office' to check the people over before taking them to the real sanctuary. Get a feel for these people arriving at Terminus, and if they check out, invite them along to the promised land.

This being TWD though, yeah, it's becoming more likely the more you think about it, that Terminus is just a bad place instead. A tempting rat trap of sorts, inviting in desperate strangers for nefarious ends.

United States
    I really like Joe; such a cool character. I wouldn't even consider him a "Villain". Here's this mentally strong guy who wrangles up a bunch of like minded stragglers and creates all these rules to keep them from killing eachother; further strengthening thier survival. I didn't find them killing Len such a bad thing as, in my mind, keeping a guy around like that who lies and disrupts the order of the group is a no no. Sure, they're hunting Rick but to them, he was just a guy that murdered one of thier own. I really find this group interesting and I wouldn't mind having Joe around a little longer. Also, Jeff Kober is awesome.

Finally, has anyone forgot about

Morgan? I wouldn't be surprised if he somehow shows up as a surprise of sorts. Here's hoping he comes back eventually.

Typing from my phone sucks.
    Last edited by Moon Knight; 28-Mar-2014 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Typing from an iPhone is rough.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    I really like Joe; such a cool character. I wouldn't even consider him a "Villain". Here's this mentally strong guy who wrangles up a bunch of like minded stragglers and creates all these rules to keep them from killing eachother; further strengthening thier survival. I didn't find them killing Len such a bad thing as, in my mind, keeping a guy around like that who lies and disrupts the order of the group is a no no. Sure, they're hunting Rick but to them, he was just a guy that murdered one of thier own. I really find this group interesting and I wouldn't mind having Joe around a little longer. Also, Jeff Kober is awesome.

Finally, had anyone forgot about

Morgan? I wouldn't be surprised if he somehow shows up as a surprise of sorts. Here's hoping he comes back eventually.

Joe's(Jeff Kober is it?) has played some seriously twisted bad guys. As soon as I saw him on the porch I thought, "oh shit this aint good". From his previous work the guy makes my skin crawl so I would say that is a testament to his acting ability. I am jaded from his previous work so I have huge red flags about Joe but you are right, Moon, so far he hasnt really been a villian.

Regarding your spoiler, that would be cool by me.

Ireland
    I really like Joe; such a cool character.

I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Just been bitten zombieparanoia's Avatar

Undisclosed
    I have a theory. Do I have to spoiler tag a theory?

Oh well, here goes...The groups all arrive at terminus and are at first convinced that it is indeed a good place where they can rest up but then Daryl and his group show up looking for Rick and they recognize some bones in the food as human (like, someone finds a piece of beths jewellry in their burger or something)and then there's the big dun-dun-dunnn!!! and they all kill the people at terminus in early season 5.

England
    Finally, has anyone forgot about

I (wrongly) thought that Rick and Carl would have made this their first point of call after abandoning the prison after the mid season finale. I certainly would have!

Oh, and I fucking hate reading or posting on forums from my smart phone...they are for checking your ebay bids and the odd footy result!
    Last edited by Legion2213; 28-Mar-2014 at 09:41 PM. Reason: smart phone hate!!! :D
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    I (wrongly) thought that Rick and Carl would have made this their first point of call after abandoning the prison after the mid season finale. I certainly would have!

Oh, and I fucking hate reading or posting on forums from my smart phone...they are for checking your ebay bids and the odd footy result!
    They had a car for that trip though. It must be a considerable distance considering Rick lived there and had no idea about a prison.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him.
    He doesn't seem as phony as The Governor did. He'll tell you straight up how it is.

"Nothing sadder than an outdoor cat trying to be an indoor cat." Great line.
    Last edited by Moon Knight; 28-Mar-2014 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Phone issues yaaaar
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post
    They had a car for that trip though. It must be a considerable distance considering Rick lived there and had no idea about a prison.
    OMG! That is so true. Rick was a sheriff in georgia and didn't know where the prisons were?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by zombieparanoia View Post
    OMG! That is so true. Rick was a sheriff in georgia and didn't know where the prisons were?
    Rick wasn't a sheriff. Besides, who would expect him to know the locations of all prisons in the state?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Rick wasn't a sheriff. Besides, who would expect him to know the locations of all prisons in the state?
    Actually, he was a Sheriff for the fictional "King County"(named after Stephen King). Although it wasn't specifically stated within the show, King County is likely somewhere near the Northern part of the state. This coincides with his entrance into the city in the pilot episode. If that were the case, he wouldn't have knowledge of the prison, which is S/SW of Atlanta. Well out of his small town jurisdiction in the North.

Although in the comic, the Grimes family is actually from Kentucky.
    Last edited by bassman; 29-Mar-2014 at 01:40 AM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Actually, he was a Sheriff for the fictional "King County"(named after Stephen King). Although it wasn't specifically stated within the show, King County is likely somewhere near the Northern part of the state. This coincides with his entrance into the city in the pilot episode. If that were the case, he wouldn't have knowledge of the prison, which is S/SW of Atlanta. Well out of his small town jurisdiction in the North.

Although in the comic, the Grimes family is actually from Kentucky.
    ^ Basspedia!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Undisclosed
    Fair enough, I just googled it thinking I'd get back a small number, apparently there are something like 70 prisons in Georgia. who knew? Obviously neither me or rick grimes.