Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WHOA! V is coming back!!!

capncnut

WHOA! V is coming back!!!

Dunno how many of you guys remember V but it was a nifty little sci-fi series in the eighties about a colony of alien lizards who try to take over the Earth. Just got wind that creator Kenneth Johnson has just released a new book called V: The Second Generation and that a TV series is planned for 2008.

Click

Original cast members Marc Singer, Faye Grant, Jane Badler, and Robert Englund are all reprising their roles apparently. I seriously hope Warner Bros don't f**k this one up.
    Last edited by capncnut; 18-Oct-2007 at 08:54 PM.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    they kill me with that. it was announced last year and they said "for 2007" so i guess its a lil game to them

capncnut
    Well, the book is only just being released next month and according to Kenneth Johnson's website, the TV series is all going ahead.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    meh, i never really dug V, personally id love to see some kind of conclusion to red dwarf, rimmer kicks death in the nuts and runs off as the ship degrades around him and the others passed into a paralell dimension. what happened next? you know thatd be a big hit.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Well, the book is only just being released next month and according to Kenneth Johnson's website, the TV series is all going ahead.
    if its anything like the flash gordon show on now i'll shoot everyone involved in the revival of the show

England
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    meh, i never really dug V, personally id love to see some kind of conclusion to red dwarf, rimmer kicks death in the nuts and runs off as the ship degrades around him and the others passed into a paralell dimension. what happened next? you know thatd be a big hit.
    Irony is, it was Arnie "iron balls" Rimmer who told Lister that "you can't whack death on the head" in the "future echoes" episode of RD.

(Yes, I am a sad-case, Dwarf anorak).

Edit: MICHAEL IRONSIDE!!! Can't have V without Mr Ironside's alien slaughtering expertise on board!

United States
    i read somewhere recently about this and other tv shows from the 80s being updated and revived...how original.

another big one on the way: knight rider it's supposed to be a movie or miniseries, then a possible tv show if they make enough money....

which is what it all boils down to.

West Asheville, North Carolina, United States
    United States
    Anybody catch the crap re-make of Knight Rider they made in the 90's?
    "Knight Rider 2000." KITT got stuck in a beat-up classic car for a while and then stuck in some P.O.S. red concept car...that's about all I remember except I thought the plot, whatever it was, was horrible.

As far as V goes, are they pretending that the Final Battle series never happened? If so, that's strike one. No Ironsides would be strike two.

A few years ago, I thought it would be awesome if they completely re-made V, starting from the beginning. I'd told someone about it who had never seen it and made them watch the DVD. They agreed that it was a neat idea, but the cheesy effects were too much to deal with. I got to thinking, with the things they can do on a TV budget these days, the reptilian effects and air battles could be so much better. Only problem, of course, would be the people re-WRITING the series and how they'd probably screw it up.

Sorry for such a rambling post. Been a while since I've been in, and I REALLY liked V.
    Nothing is true...everything is permitted.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by gottgen View Post
    Anybody catch the crap re-make of Knight Rider they made in the 90's?
    "Knight Rider 2000." KITT got stuck in a beat-up classic car for a while and then stuck in some P.O.S. red concept car...that's about all I remember except I thought the plot, whatever it was, was horrible.

As far as V goes, are they pretending that the Final Battle series never happened? If so, that's strike one. No Ironsides would be strike two.

A few years ago, I thought it would be awesome if they completely re-made V, starting from the beginning. I'd told someone about it who had never seen it and made them watch the DVD. They agreed that it was a neat idea, but the cheesy effects were too much to deal with. I got to thinking, with the things they can do on a TV budget these days, the reptilian effects and air battles could be so much better. Only problem, of course, would be the people re-WRITING the series and how they'd probably screw it up.

Sorry for such a rambling post. Been a while since I've been in, and I REALLY liked V.

the viper was a concept car? uh ok

West Asheville, North Carolina, United States
    United States
    I don't remember KITT being a Viper.
    I think that was on the show "Viper." Different crap super-car.
    Also red, though.
    Nothing is true...everything is permitted.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    MICHAEL IRONSIDE!!! Can't have V without Mr Ironside's alien slaughtering expertise on board!
    HAM TYLER!!! Yeah, they can't bring the show back without ol' Hammy!

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by gottgen View Post
    I don't remember KITT being a Viper.
    I think that was on the show "Viper." Different crap super-car.
    Also red, though.
    sorry bout that, it was a new version of his old car. which was a trans am i believe

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    sorry bout that, it was a new version of his old car. which was a trans am i believe
    that's right...when i was looking for my trans am, i thought about going with the same body style/year as kit, but got a newer and better one instead.

they do sell conversion kits to make your trans am look like kitt, however.

i hear that the new trans ams will be soon be rolling off the assembly line...this is a concept model...maybe this will be the new kitt.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    ^now thats bitchin'.

Undisclosed
    Hell yeah, I used to watch that on tv back around '84 or '85. Little did I know that the good natured Willie would become Freddy around the same time.