Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ...and the next reboot is...

Administrator

England

...and the next reboot is...

Planet of the Apes...

Let's see if they can screw is up twice in a decade!

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Plane...-On-16686.html
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    If I was hellsing, there'd be a picture of a face palm below ... but I'm not, so there isn't.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'm actually looking forward to this. Conquest has long been my favorite of the Apes series.

United States
    It's bad enough to do a re-make... but even worse than re-makes are when they start re-re-making films. Damn, how sad has Hollywood gotten when they can't even do a re-make so they consign themselves to doing re-re-makes?

Oh yeah, and taking European films and re-doing them American style (which means subtracting all the entertaining story for unrealistic looking teenagers that all look like models from a GAP commercial, silly sex scenes, and over-the-top CGI gore that is just terrible).

Words just can't describe it...

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    This isn't really a re-remake. It's based off of the fourth film in the series, Conquest of the Planet of the Apes. Totally different film.

A single ape has the intelligence and leads an army to take over mankind. It's like a better version of Land of the Dead.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    If I was hellsing, there'd be a picture of a face palm below ... but I'm not, so there isn't.

This sounds pretty cool actually, this is one of those franchises that shouldn't die, a new flick doesn't make the old ones worse and this is based of conquest so i think it might be cool to see.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I'm actually looking forward to this. Conquest has long been my favorite of the Apes series.
    <high five>

A damn fine script, may I add.

Undisclosed
    This isn't really a re-remake. It's based off of the fourth film in the series, Conquest of the Planet of the Apes. Totally different film.

A single ape has the intelligence and leads an army to take over mankind. It's like a better version of Land of the Dead.
    In all honesty, during the theatrical run of the original APE series, we 70's kids would also have a primetime TV show .... and ... a Saturday Morning cartoon, both spinning the premise in different directions.

Wayne Z

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Now this I don't mind. As with others, I really liked Conquest.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    i've been a huge planet of the apes fan since i was a little kid. even though the tim burton version sucks all manner of goat balls, it didn't dim my desire to see more.

even though i'm very partial to the first flick, conquest is an awesome flick. bring on this film.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Administrator

England
    A single ape has the intelligence and leads an army to take over mankind.
    So it's going to be like Sparticus with apes?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    So it's going to be like Sparticus with apes?
    only if the surviving apes wind up crucified along the appian way between capua and rome.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    only if the surviving apes wind up crucified along the appian way between capua and rome.
    No... I am Monkius!!! No! I am Monkius!
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    "Rise of the Apes" - Coming June 24, 2011.

The prequel is set in San Francisco and will be a a cautionary tale in which "man's own experiments with genetic engineering lead to the development of intelligence in apes and the onset of a war for supremacy".
    It was finally decided that a prequel would be made. It was also decided that instead of having the usual costumed apes there would be CGI apes instead. Hmmm...

I think all hope has just jumped out the window....

United States
    a prequel and cgi apes? how incredible!