Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Mummy...

United States

The Mummy...

Anyone else really like this movie? I hate the director because all of his films have the same general feeling but I really liked the Mummy. The Mummy 2 was okay and The Scorpion King was a total letdown but I just watched it and really enjoyed it!
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJacksonCA View Post
    Anyone else really like this movie? I hate the director because all of his films have the same general feeling but I really liked the Mummy. The Mummy 2 was okay and The Scorpion King was a total letdown but I just watched it and really enjoyed it!
    I liked the original but the series got worse as it progressed. That's not knocking it as the quality of the sequels in most franchises tends to decline.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Canada
    brandon fraiser was really good in these films.

i used to watch em all of the time, and i still love em.

United States
    With an exception to Terminator 2 which totally ROCKED! And the Aliens franchise!
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJacksonCA View Post
    With an exception to Terminator 2 which totally ROCKED! And the Aliens franchise!
    T2 and aliens are the execptions to the rule. They are the rare case where a sequel surpasses the original.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Canada
    not T3 tho..and Day was better then night of Dawn, spider man 3 was better then the ones before it, scary movie 2 was better then the 1st one, resident evil 2 was better then the 1st one...

United States
    I liked the Friday the 13th movies too... until Jason took Manhattan

Canada
    that was too over the top for me....but i hate friday the 13th..more of a nightmare on elm street man myself

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by mista_mo View Post
    not T3 tho..and Day was better then night of Dawn, spider man 3 was better then the ones before it, scary movie 2 was better then the 1st one, resident evil 2 was better then the 1st one...
    Those are up for debate.They are your opinion and you're entitled to it. However, the examples i mentioned,T2 and aliens, are virtually indisputable.

Canada
    oh hell yea.

aliens was the best in the series
    and T2 was just...words alone cannot express the sheer awesomeness of that movie...

United States
    you mean the examples i mentioned are indisputable right? BECAUSE I SAID 'EM FIRST HAH lol jk

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Those are up for debate.They are your opinion and you're entitled to it. However, the examples i mentioned,T2 and aliens, are virtually indisputable.
    Uh, no it's not. I, and many others, prefer Alien to Aliens. I love both of them, but Alien is the original it's the one I prefer for it's darker and claustrophobic setting.

I think Day is better than Dawn. My favourite Friday film is number 6. But most of the times, the original is the best!

This goes for The Mummy films too. I have the box set, and I much prefer the first one. It's very good. The first half of it is quite chilling before it gets turned into a adventure film (which works too). Mummy Returns was not as dark and more of an action/adventure film. I imagine that Stephen Sommers had more creative control over it, because everything is CGI (which has become to be his trademark).

The third one is in pre-production...

United States
    Have you seen The Mummy (1932) with Boris Karloff? Great film.

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyebiter View Post
    Have you seen The Mummy (1932) with Boris Karloff? Great film.
    This is "The Mummy" that I like. The new franchise is crap to me. The only reason I was able to sit through the first film was Rachel Wiez.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    I liked the original but the series got worse as it progressed. That's not knocking it as the quality of the sequels in most franchises tends to decline.
    not to disagree Darth but i thought part 2 was every bit as good as the first Mummy film, loved em both...