Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magic gun?

United States

Magic gun?

I don't wanna harp on this too much, just wanted to point it out. I'm rewatching diary (just bought it) And I am up to the part with Samuel. These guys only have one gun up to this point. Looks like a small gun as well, maybe a .22. I'm not sure how many bullets the clip holds. But up to that point in the movie, the shots fired count is at 16. Seems to be a lot for such a little gun. Any thoughts?
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    It looks like a chrome plated Walther PPK:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walther_PPK

at most 9 rounds (?). but, they could be reloading it with bullets Mary was carrying. though, it is a just a movie afterall.

Undisclosed
    It looked like a 380 to me...but your right as to the amount of rounds...however they may have reloaded at some point off camera. Also check out how they continually recock the gun or jack the slide to load a round.

United States
    like i said. . .i don't wanna harp on it. it just seemed odd. they could have reloaded of course, but it seems unlikely to me they would have extra ammo for a gun the girl was sneaking with her.

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    You are acting like this is something out of the ordinary in film. Think about what percentage acutally portray magazine limits...they are few and far between.
    Didn't Peter fire like 10 shots from a revolver in the basement Dawn?

United States
    Meh, like I said. . not a big deal. It's a common cinematic blunder. It's just noticible in this movie because of the scarcity of gunshots.

Dead

Undisclosed
    I noticed, but it's nothing out of the ordinary. Typical Hollywood, they don't know **** about firearms. Too busy lobbying against their existence.

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    I love it when a character will fire more than two shots from a double-barrel shotgun.

United States
    I always wondered where this fool got the gun in the first place. Whole world going to hell, running for their lives, and this idiot just kind of "forgets" to mention that she has a weapon.

Undisclosed
    The sad part of this was the fact that this is not the dumbest thing in the flick.

I usually hate movies that have issues with weapons but this was the least of my problems with this movie. Oh and how about the characters at the mansion using bladed weapons...the father was a hunter surely there are firearms in that house.

Fiji

quick and dirty. the gun is a variant of a Walther and it's probably either .32 auto or a .380. i happen to own two sig sauers that are pretty much the same gun (1 in each caliber) as shown. Capacity-wise they both seat seven in the mag, so your max load out would be eight rounds in the weapon at one time.

so it's possible that either they just reloaded off camera (i'm pretty sure i did see one of the characters nick spare rounds out of suicide girls purse at some point) or they simply had a spare mag.

as for the issue with the slide. PPK styles, when they malfunction it tends to be a slide issue. but since they're a relatively unsophisticated weapon you could manually re chamber the weapon if the slide damage weren't all that significant.

so in terms of gun errors in a zombie film, this one is pretty low key.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy911sc View Post
    I usually hate movies that have issues with weapons

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by jim102016 View Post
    I noticed, but it's nothing out of the ordinary. Typical Hollywood, they don't know **** about firearms. Too busy lobbying against their existence.

You are so dead on. They hate guns but they sure as heck love to blow people away in their movies. With all the blunders in this movie this would be at the bottom of my list of things to point out. You are right though.

Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    I always wondered where this fool got the gun in the first place. Whole world going to hell, running for their lives, and this idiot just kind of "forgets" to mention that she has a weapon.

haha another good point. You guys are on your game. Lets just except the fact that this was a movie that didn't get GAR's full attention to detail.

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy911sc View Post
    The sad part of this was the fact that this is not the dumbest thing in the flick.

I usually hate movies that have issues with weapons but this was the least of my problems with this movie. Oh and how about the characters at the mansion using bladed weapons...the father was a hunter surely there are firearms in that house.
    ummmmm maybe the ,,,,,, ahhhhh heck another great point. This movie needs to be removed from existance. Lets all forget GAR ever made it. Please, can we?
    Last edited by Redman6565; 17-Jun-2008 at 10:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

United States
    To those of you who contend that they could've reloaded off camera I say this:

If it didn't happen on camera then it didn't happen!!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    To those of you who contend that they could've reloaded off camera I say this:

If it didn't happen on camera then it didn't happen!!

That's great!!