Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for some info

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Looking for some info

I know the first thing that someone will say is "use a search engine", but I tried that. I'm looking for some info on whether or not there is a Nascar 07 game being released on 360. I searched all over and found nothing. I thought that maybe some of you hard core gamers might know of a site with some information.

I'm just looking to know if there in fact will be a Nascar game for 360, when it will be released, and if there's any snapshots.

Much appreciated.

United States
    No news on it yet, but I'm sure its coming. EA would be dumb not to bring it to next-gen consoles.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Thanks man. I guess I'll get the previous one that was released for XBOX from the "Pre-played" bin to hold me over until the new one...

capncnut
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure that there's one in the works.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    isnt nascar just racing around a big 0 shaped track?, kidna wierd premis for a racer, that said look at any sports game set on a pitch.

United States
    Dude you trash any game that isn't Silent Hill or Alan Wake. Not every game can have a spooky psychological narrative in which the protagonist questions his own sanity. Sad, but true.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    isnt nascar just racing around a big 0 shaped track?, kidna wierd premis for a racer, that said look at any sports game set on a pitch.
    Heh....obivously you've never been to a race or been for a drive in one of those mother f*ckers. There's more to it than "round and round". And not all the tracks are oval, anyway...

United States

Should be one next year

July 14, 2006 - An EA representative confirmed Thursday that there will be no NASCAR 07 on the Xbox 360...

No Next-gen NASCAR in 2007
    http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/718/718856p1.html

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

United States
    That article is almost a year old, and its for the '07 version, not the upcoming '08 version.

capncnut
    I love driving games but I've always been put off by Nascar titles due to the sheer amount of cars on the track. I might give 08 a try though, I bet the crashes will look devastating on next gen graphics.

United States
    Apparently there is a Nascar 08 game under development by EA, estimated release date July 23, 2007.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NASCAR_08

Even if your not a NASCAR fan, you have to like the end of the last Daytona 500 race. Massive pileup right at the end, Clint Bowyer crosses the finish line with his car upside down and on fire. Doesn't get much better than that.

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

capncnut
    That's just craziness.

United States
    NASCAR itself is not a sport, and I really really hate the idea that it is.
    "if wishs were fishes we'd all cast nets" - Gurney Hallack

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    If you had to drive one of those things, you wouldn't have the same opinion. They're not easy to control, very hot, and my arms hurt only after a few laps. It's not like driving around in your everyday SUV....

Technically, it's not a sport. But on the other hand, it is competitive.....so the word does fit, in a sense.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyebiter View Post
    Apparently there is a Nascar 08 game under development by EA, estimated release date July 23, 2007.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NASCAR_08

Even if your not a NASCAR fan, you have to like the end of the last Daytona 500 race. Massive pileup right at the end, Clint Bowyer crosses the finish line with his car upside down and on fire. Doesn't get much better than that.

legendary