Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PS3 Switcheroo?

Super Moderator

UK

PS3 Switcheroo?

I've just glanced online two snippets of not-so-sh*t-hot news for PS3 folk:

1) The price cut won't be in Europe.

2) The 60gig model, once it's sold it's current stock, will not be produced anymore in the USA (perhaps elsewhere too?).

*inhales through teeth in that "ooh" manner*

That's gotta hoit...

United States
    I read that too. A pretty pointless price cut. After August, people will be forced to buy the $600 model regardless.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    So in other words the price cut is only temporary? That makes absolutely no sense and sony would be fools to do it. You think people where angry before? This would put them in the same spot where they were before. I don't want to hear about more hard drive space either. The people buying these consoles are greatly comprised of parents for their kids and people who don't know about hard drive space. They see the price tag and it's a turn off. The wii looks like a much better option. When i hang at the mall i'm always amazed at how many people buy the 360 core system. I cautiously explain to them the difference and that they would be better served buying the pro system for $100 more. They don't want to hear it. All they know is that the core system costs $100 less and that's the one they want.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    I cautiously explain to them the difference and that they would be better served buying the pro system for $100 more. They don't want to hear it. All they know is that the core system costs $100 less and that's the one they want.
    (cough)Nick!(cough)

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    I read that too. A pretty pointless price cut. After August, people will be forced to buy the $600 model regardless.
    Sony is just a glutton for punishment. The must relish the role of evil empire.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    (cough)Nick!(cough)
    I knew that was coming!

I didn't choose against the Pro because of cost, I chose against it because I could upgrade at a later date if I wanted, I knew I wouldn't be gaming online, I download stuff off the net using *gasps* something called a PC and likewise watch it that way...there were other reasons but I forget them now/can't be arsed.

I'm perfectly happy with my core console, does what I want it to do - allow me to play games at a leisurely pace whenever I want as I lounge around on my bed - sorted.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I knew that was coming!

I didn't choose against the Pro because of cost, I chose against it because I could upgrade at a later date if I wanted, I knew I wouldn't be gaming online, I download stuff off the net using *gasps* something called a PC and likewise watch it that way...there were other reasons but I forget them now/can't be arsed.

I'm perfectly happy with my core console, does what I want it to do - allow me to play games at a leisurely pace whenever I want as I lounge around on my bed - sorted.
    Dude you bought the core!?! BWHAHAHAHA!!

Super Moderator

UK
    *grabs nuts*

Ahhhh eat it.

You guys are jackals, I'm happy - what's wrong with that?

Undisclosed
    I'm happy - what's wrong with that?
    Duh...only everything!

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    This is a textbook example of a bait and switch. You know who does stuff like this? Car salesman, and we know how much people trust them. WTF!?! The offer a price cut and then say that the product doesn't exist anymore?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i heard thsi on the radio "the price wont be dropped, youll jsut get a game adn an "accessory" free".

yeah,my 360 had 5 games, two controllers and was the most expensive model and was still a good 200 quid cheaper than that black brick of a craporama.

capncnut
    Believe it or not, the Core System actually works for some people. It's simpler and more cost effective, especially second hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Terran View Post
    I'm happy - what's wrong with that?
    Duh...only everything!
    That's the funniest thing I've read today!
    Last edited by capncnut; 14-Jul-2007 at 08:14 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    i heard thsi on the radio "the price wont be dropped, youll jsut get a game adn an "accessory" free".

yeah,my 360 had 5 games, two controllers and was the most expensive model and was still a good 200 quid cheaper than that black brick of a craporama.
    That's an awesome deal, even for the european market. Did you get it from game? I have a feeling that sony is going to have to give away movies or games in order to move that $600 George Foreman grill. I mean i know this has been said before but if you already own a 360 there's just no reason to buy a ps3. If sony doesn't do something drastic and comes in 3rd once again this holiday season then you can begin writing the epitaph on their tombstone.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    360 has the games, ps3 doesnt, no matter what upgraded version they release (and isnt this the 3rd or possibly 4th incarnation in as many months?) the ps3 will not compare until they get some good **** on the console.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    360 has the games, ps3 doesnt, no matter what upgraded version they release (and isnt this the 3rd or possibly 4th incarnation in as many months?) the ps3 will not compare until they get some good **** on the console.
    But even then, if they get say 5 - 10 games that are exclusive to their console, how many of them will you be itching to play 3 or 4 at most? Is that reason enough to pay $600? And remember that's before the cost of taxes, a game and extra controller are even factored in. you'll be pushing $800 easily.