Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shenmue Online

capncnut

Shenmue Online

Golly, I'm just full of gaming news today. Nothing gives me greater pleasure than to reveal that Shenmue Online will be making an appearance at the 2007 China Joy Game Expo. Here's the news.

展览会重头戏的网络游戏方面,ChinaJoy的展品绝对代表了国际水平和未来发展趋势,其中《魔兽世界资 料片燃烧的远征》、《战锤Online》、《FIFAOnline》、《奇迹世界》、《巨人》、《超级舞者 》、《莎木Online》、《大话西游3》、《魔力宝贝2》、《QQ三国》、《劲舞世界》、《诛仙》、《天 机》、《神泣》、《特种部队》等国内外的优秀作品必将给游戏玩家带来前所未有的冲击和快乐
    Roughly translated.

The exhibition highlights the network games, ChinaJoy absolutely represents the international level of
    future development trends, which 'EverQuest World Information Combustion Expeditionary Unit', 'War Hammer Online', 'FIFA Online', 'Miracle', 'Giant', 'Super Dancers,' 'Shenmue Online', 'Beating About The Bush 3', 'Baby Magic 2', 'QQ Countries', 'Dance', 'Zhu Xian', 'Secret', 'Weeping', 'Special Forces' and other outstanding works at home and abroad will give gamers unprecedented impact.
    Nice to see ol' Yu Suzuki hasn't forgotten his gaming classic, it makes me hopeful for Shenmue III. Here's a little reminder of Shenmue Online.

Last edited by capncnut; 05-Jun-2007 at 08:57 PM.

Undisclosed
    Is that Jan Lee from Dead or alive? Also this games looks a winner
    Why arent you laughing?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It seems that virtually every franchise is looking to throw their hat into online MMO's. It will be interesting to see what games/genres will actually do well. I guess as usual, the market will dictate everything.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i think this'll work, and possibly be the most addictive mmo, more so than warcraft, could you imagine though "oh yeah ill meet you at the docks, i can totally drive my forklift truck to move more boxes faster than you!"

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    i think this'll work, and possibly be the most addictive mmo, more so than warcraft, could you imagine though "oh yeah ill meet you at the docks, i can totally drive my forklift truck to move more boxes faster than you!"
    LOL, not only that but can you imagine how difficult the arm wrestling tournaments will be? I have trouble defeating $80 arm wrestles let alone the world's best. But hey, if anyone gets this game and they wanna hook up, you'll find me in one of Kowloon's gambling dens.

Either there or the slothouse.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Being that the current gen consoles are more like computers than ever before and in the future they will become even more similar, I'm hoping that more MMO's will come to the consoles. Right now only pc gamers can enjoy them. I'm sure that they would sell really well if introduced to consoles as anyone that has played one can attest to their addictiveness. Also, if I'm going to get into something i want the best. I don't have the cash for a top of the line gaming computer, so a console port would be right up my alley. Although, somthing is sure to be lost in the translation.

capncnut
    Well, right now Shenmue Online is a PC title but I don't think it will be exclusive. The 360 would be the perfect console to release it on, given the huge success of Xbox Live.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'll await your review then. A side thought though. Why isn't it that more people don't pc game? Is it because they lack a killer app that makes people say " i must go out and buy a gaming computer for the sole reason of playing this game?"
    Last edited by darth los; 12-Jun-2007 at 08:53 PM.

capncnut
    Okay folks, rumours are being exchanged on a few underground Asian game sites that Shenmue III is in development. This was also predicted by an insider last year who incidentally predicted nearly two years ago that Nights would be coming to the Wii in 07 (one that has since come true). All rumour and speculation at the moment with no meat other than Shenmue III, 2008/09 for the 360 - that's it! I know it's not exactly Shenmue Online but I thought I'd post it here instead of creating another thread in case nothing comes of it.

I seriously hope this one ain't bollocks, more news when/if I get it...

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    thought this'd be apporpriate then WOAH LIFELIKE GRAFIXS!!!

capncnut
    Loved the QTE at the end, classic. Actually, I'm kinda nervous as to how difficult the QTE's will be in Shenmue III - if you compare the ones in Shenmue II to the original, they are probably 10 times harder!

Oh, and if that little chick from the Tomato Convenience Store kicked my ass in II then I dread to think what kind of pain Lan Di will serve up in III.

United States
    There have been Shenmue III rumors for years. I'd love to believe them, but every time a promising rumor appears, nothing ever comes of it. I'll keep holding my breath.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    There have been Shenmue III rumors for years. I'd love to believe them, but every time a promising rumor appears, nothing ever comes of it. I'll keep holding my breath.
    I agree. Many times the process of making a game takes so long That people end up waiting years for one they've been anxiously anticipating if it ever comes out at all. (duke nukem forever anyone?) The build up/hype/anticipation increases expectations and by the time it does come out it's bound to disapoint because it couldn't possibly live up to the hype.( I'm thinking Halo 3 anyone?). Anyway I'm sure it'll be decent.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    There have been Shenmue III rumors for years. I'd love to believe them, but every time a promising rumor appears, nothing ever comes of it.
    Very true and I have been let down by so many of those rumours.

But this one is at least promising in the sense that it's now official Yu Suzuki hasn't given up on the franchise with Shenmue Online. Also Suzuki said last year that he would love to continue the story as long as there is a demand for it and very recently SEGA were given a petition with 40,000 signatures on it. Now it isn't the foundation of this latest rumour (which appears to have circulated via this insider guy) but there are a lot of folks taking it seriously.

I admit that it's still a long shot but out of all the rumours that's been circulated past or present, this one is the strongest yet and has a very reliable source behind it. The game wouldn't take too long to develop either as the story of Shenmue III was written at the time of the first game and the areas were designed (with some even built) around the same time of the sequel.

I'm fairly optimistic on this one for a change, just wish i could see an official article to prove it.
    Last edited by capncnut; 12-Jun-2007 at 11:15 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Well one things for sure, if there's enough money to be made they'll churn it out.