Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: resi 5 gameplay footage "WTF?!?"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

resi 5 gameplay footage "WTF?!?"

holy christ on a crapper that looks bitchin' beyond belief!

seriously, what mroe should i say?

-actually ,now we knwo chris was kept out of resi 4 since he was probably all caught up in his roid rage "i saw the guys from gears of war and felt inadequat"

United States
    I posted news of this video a few days ago, and it looks freakin awesome, don't it? I love when they swipe at Chris with the cleavers, and he ducks them both. Makes me think there is a "dodge" button. It seems even more chaotic, and the situation even more hopeless than in RE4, which is an amazing feat. There is a higher quality version on Xbox Live, along with a new Fable 2 developer diary.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    yeah this and fable 2 are gonna be massive sleeper hits compared to games like halo 3 and metal gear 4 which have been getting a lot more coverage.

ViP

United States
    Damn, I guess after I get burned out on the Wii exclusives, I'll have to change systems. After that trailer, I'd say it was worth it. It looks like RE4 in Somalia, on ROIDS!!

Canada
    hmmm...

time to buy a 360..whats the release date?

and man, he looks far more ripped then he used to..

capncnut
    Man, I've had that video up on my place for about a week now. However, the latest Bioshock video twats it into oblivion though.

Quote Originally Posted by mista_mo View Post
    time to buy a 360..whats the release date?
    Put back until 2009.

Super Moderator

UK
    2009???!!! Bloody nora!

Also, is it just me, or was there a teaser trailer for Resident Evil 4 featuring that bloke walking through sun drenched dusty streets (although it felt more like Mexico in the teaser I'm thinking about)...did that really happen?

So this is "Resident Evil Goes To Africa" eh? "Black Umbrella Down" and so forth.

*runs off going "tee hee" like a feckin' child in the playground*

this just in - someone's making a socio-political bitch-point about the trailer

The new Resident Evil video game depicts a white man in what appears to be Africa killing Black people. The Black people are supposed to be zombies and the white man’s job is to destroy them and save humanity…

This is problematic on so many levels, including the depiction of Black people as inhuman savages, the killing of Black people by a white man in military clothing, and the fact that this video game is marketed to children and young adults. Start them young… fearing, hating, and destroying Black people.
    So this mug missed all the shots of human black people sitting around town, going about their business...sorry love, but zombification knows no colour or creed...and if the game is set in Africa, you're most likely going to find more black people than white people, certainly in the sort of area the game appears to be set in.

An agent of an outside entity is also most likely going to be white - it's just how it is.

I bet this complainer is the sort of person who'd piss and moan about "Bertha" (the 1980s children's animation) - which featured a middle class white male as the boss, a white secretary, an Indian operating a forklift and two working class white women working on the line ... well that is what was f*cking happening during the 1980s, that was just how it happened to be, ya f*cking numpties!

Heaven forbid that reality be reflected in the media *gasps in horror*.

I smell media controversy, and the usual song and dance from both sides, surrounding Resi 5 like a hoard of drooling zombies.

Hey - here's a funny way to think of that quoted dissing - so what, black people can't be zombies now? *gasps* How is that equal rights?!

What a f*cking numpty.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 01-Aug-2007 at 11:23 AM.

United States
    Was it officially pushed back to 2009? I was still hoping for a mid to late 2008 release

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    Was it officially pushed back to 2009? I was still hoping for a mid to late 2008 release
    Yeah, Jun Takeuchi announced it a little while ago. Here's something I posted elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Dallow
    Bad news, I'm afraid. Resident Evil 5 has now been put back until 2009.

N4G: The latest issue of Famitsu has revealed some bad news today. Capcom's Resident Evil 5 producer Jun Takeuchi has told Famitsu that Resident Evil 5 will not be making a 2008 release, stating that he expects to ship the game for Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 'sometime' in 2009.

It's a shame really because the trailer seemed to indicate that the game's development was progressing nicely. Oh well, it looks like we're gonna have to wait a bit longer before we get to see some African zombie action. I know a few people that feel severely let down by this announcement.
    It's crazy to think that we'll probably see a Dead Rising sequel quicker than RE5!
    Last edited by capncnut; 01-Aug-2007 at 09:37 PM.

Super Moderator

UK
    Although apparently Dead Rising 2 deffo won't be happening - I mean who gheay is that?! It's wide open for a superb sequel! PEOPLE WANT TO SMASH ZOMBIES! Haven't game companies learned this yet?!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    aye sorry cap, i bitched abotu it in the shoutbox last week that "as much as the developers would like to ,capcom does not have in development, nor does ever plan to make a sequel to dead rising".
    shame. as kinda lame as basic as the first game was, given that as a starting point, a game set in a full city would "rawk".

capncnut
    They wont slaughter this cash cow, it might not be in production now but I reckon it will come out eventually.

In a recent interview, Keiji Inafune told Game Informer that he'd like to produce a potential sequel, but it's not in the works right now. Inafune adds that the game is being considered in Japan, and that it's the one project being considered that he'd like to produce the most, but there are still many technical and financial issues to be considered.
    Clicky

Super Moderator

UK
    I seriously hope they do, the scope for awesomeness is wide and juicy, they'd be idiots not to. Dead Rising was a big success, so a second game, addressing the annoyances of the first and expanding to a whole freaking city - f*cking hell yes please, Sir!

And they should have a God mode cheat and invincible weapons cheat - just so you can go absolutely barmy on the zombie killing, and not have to worry about death of you or your weapons, in other words, a mode just for having fun...all games should have it...call it "I just wanna have some freaking fun, mate" or something.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    ^

-anyway, neatly avoiding another bitch about cheating (), since it is capcom that made resident evil surely they could merge the ideas of dead rising adn resi outbreak to make a bitchin' online game.
    maybe you save your freind your playing with over xbox live, or shove him off a ledge to make a distraction?, what if someone gets a sprained ankle, do you help them or leg it? that would rock.

Super Moderator

UK
    I'm not saying cheat online, f*cking nora! I think if you wanna cheat in single player, you should have the choice, and likewise you can choose to play the game properly first time through, but if you wanna play it again, but don't wanna be hassled with having to bother paying attention - i.e. you want a clean bit of quick fun with not much thought required - then what's wrong with having cheats there so you can just have a bit of a crack?

And then also, what about game players who just aren't skilled enough, but whom want to see what you can do, see the story of the game and so on? It's like taking different people to a movie, and then removing some of them from the cinema half way through and never letting them see how the story unfolds or see what happens next.

Sheesh, gaming Nazi!