Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Night 1990

Undisclosed

Night 1990

I was just watching this again and noticed something...

One thing is that there was a power saw in the upstairs bedroom...this would make removing the stairs a lot easier...

also...

When been retreats to the basement...there is power down there...the light work even though the stenches tore apart the meter...Just thought I would mention this...not sure if it has been discussed before.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy911sc View Post
    I was just watching this again and noticed something...

One thing is that there was a power saw in the upstairs bedroom...this would make removing the stairs a lot easier...

also...

When been retreats to the basement...there is power down there...the light work even though the stenches tore apart the meter...Just thought I would mention this...not sure if it has been discussed before.

thats an odd fact. damn, weird hmm? i never thought of that.

United States
    I never thought of the light working in the basement either. It was a light right? Not a candle or something? And Ben turned on the radio too. I do remember a fade out...
    I'll have to watch it again.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by sandrock74 View Post
    I never thought of the light working in the basement either. It was a light right? Not a candle or something? And Ben turned on the radio too. I do remember a fade out...
    I'll have to watch it again.
    radio had batteries for sure. and yea that was a light cuz i remember him pulling the cord.

United States
    For that matter if there was electricity and a power drill - rather than try to hammer boards into place use carpenter screws instead. 20 seconds for each... wouldn't take long to secure the windows. Also the door that Coopers kid was laying on. They should have brought a mattress down from upstairs for her. Could have used that extra oak door to cover the back kitchen door with the broken window.

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

Italy
    GAR movies are like documentaries on what NOT to do if you want to stay alive.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by 7734 View Post
    GAR movies are like documentaries on what NOT to do if you want to stay alive.
    Amen!
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    Amen!

only the mall thing wasnt a bad idea. they just didnt think beyond the 4th wall. the smart thing to do would have been seal the hallway completely from the rest of the mall instead of just sealing it at the doors.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    only the mall thing wasnt a bad idea. they just didnt think beyond the 4th wall. the smart thing to do would have been seal the hallway completely from the rest of the mall instead of just sealing it at the doors.
    They started off well in the mall. Cleared the place out, barricaded the entrance etc, but as you say, the flimsy wall wasn't up to much when they could have easily bricked it up.

They seemed to lose focus after that and decided that listening to spanish guitar music whilst drinking, playing cards and going shopping was a better use of their time.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    They seemed to lose focus after that and decided that listening to spanish guitar music whilst drinking, playing cards and going shopping was a better use of their time.
    Wouldn't we all?

Chasing Prey

Canada
    They started off well in the mall. Cleared the place out, barricaded the entrance etc, but as you say, the flimsy wall wasn't up to much when they could have easily bricked it up.

yeah. i woulda put a wall up like they did at the end of the hall way instead of by the doors. then put a brick wall behind it like u said. THEN put a wall where they had it originally. they woulda never been found.

United States
    I guess I have to go a little easy on the Dawn crew with the wall thing. They built it to present an illusion, not a barricade.

They did become complacent after a while, but what can you expect? They were alone, grieving, had no outside contact, and the zombies were not getting in. Everything seemed under control.

United States
    I was always just shocked that the power remained on for months on end. Even if the power plant was running on full auto, you'd think numerous poles would have been smashed down by panicked traffic in the early days of the outbreak.

Just one pole going down along the line to the mall, and it's game over.

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    "Could be nuclear"

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    This was AceAlive1 avatar at the time of my post.

If by dumass you mean

The Count of Monte Cristo (French: Le Comte de Monte-Cristo) by Alexandre Dumas

Then I might have to agree, just for sake of disclosure. It would be dishonest to not admit I still fight urges of vengeance, but I try and live above that and only expose what I know for the sake of defeating secrecy and those that use deception.

I agree that thinking outside the box is very important.
    Google ("Silent Weapons for Quiet Wars" "Must Read Article") both terms. It is a red pill about the 53-54 revolution, if you read the entire thread and all the links.