Page 38 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Thread: World War Z (film)

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    At least in WWZ they aren't (raptor screaming?) decaying in seconds-flat and crawling on the ceiling!

Day08 was the biggest sleighting of the zombie genre ... perhaps ever (then again, there was Craptagium). Christ it was bad!
    Poor old Day '08...It's like kicking a one legged dog, really....

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    How did zombies crawling on the ceiling ever make it to the screen? Seriously?!
    BY GOING STRAIGHT TO DVD!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I'm so in love with this thread. It's the Dawn(04)/Land days all over again. Don't ever change, guys.
    Agreed. I've had a good larf offa this one, fo' shizzle.

Zombie checklist:-
    - Instant bad skin? - Check
    - Instant buck teeth? - Check
    - Instant dino roar? - Check

Hollywood strikes again... *sigh*

As stated in a previously link review, absolutely nothing we haven't seen done far better before... A couple of redeeming moments, but generally very forgettable shakey cam stuff - 5/10.
    And just think, they only had to piss away well over $200 million dollars & do SEVEN WEEKS of reshoots to achieve that level of mediocrity!

Seriously, beyond how close they stuck to the book or not, what defines a zombie, if they run or not, whatever, THAT is the key issue for me. That much money, time, effort, & talent at your disposal & THAT is the best they could accomplish? Sorry, I ain't payin' a dime for that. Has nothing to do with being old fashioned, close minded, whatever. It has more to do with the fact I don't have to pay $8 for a shit sandwich AND take a bite of it, just to find out if it tastes bad or not.
    Last edited by MoonSylver; 26-Jun-2013 at 03:05 AM. Reason: Shit on rye? I'll pass, thanks.

Administrator

England
    Question...

At the base, why were our three heroes put on stupid little squeaky bikes to get to the plane? Why couldn't they ride of the nice big safe fuel truck?

Loved the bit where the nuclear bomb went off.... and no one says a word, as if they see that sort of $hit every day
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by paulannett View Post
    Oh, surprise, surprise that the movie is generally disliked in here. Of course you (plural) don't like it, you wrote it off months ago and are looking for reasons to not like it. Pretty pathetic really.

As a stand alone movie, it was decent fun. As a WWZ adaption, it was obviously a waste of movie rights, but get over it. It hasn't ruined your precious book and it hasn't changed how much you can love and hold your book at night.

The sad truth is that this forum is packed with sour, bitter old zombie veterans. Open your minds, don't be afraid of being happy and don't be afraid to enjoy anything other than a handful of zombie movies. Many of you sound like elitist pricks.

PS: They are fucking zombies. Seriously? How is this even an argument???

PPS: Oh and some great news, a sequel has been announced after a successful opening weekend. This will give you guys something to bitch and complain about for another couple of years.

CO-sign.. its Zombies have gotten so much more popular and guess what BETTER over the years .. LIke it or Not.. Walking Dead is the best Zombie adaptation ever.. i love the original dfawn of the dead .. but the dawn of the dead remake is on par with day and Night

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post
    Damn. I leave this place for awhile and some battles are waging. WWZ.....well my two cents don't go to deep. I may see it in theaters. It's more a case of if I have an opening I will go. When Dawn remake and Land opened I was at both opening day. My expectations are already low based on the previews so it will not be the colossal fail and hurt that Land was for me. And for the record Max Brooks books didn't keep my attention long enough to get more than a few chapters in. So I have no personal attachment to the film because of the source material. At the end of the day I still have the cream of the crop to fall back on in The Walking Dead
    World War Z shits on Land of the dead// Ity was a huge hit at the Box Office.. the biggest of Pitts career for An opening weekend.. it already made way more than 100 million dollaRS IN NORTH AMERICA.. The sequel will be coming..So all you bitches that act like you not seeing the movie is standing up for the book or the genre.. get over yourselves.... Im just as big a fan as you are and I loved WWZ... They came big with WWZ and delivered.. I liek the new ideas they bring to the genre.. Alot of original ideas

It will probably set records so guess hwat you sitting at home didnt do nothing

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Good mention on The Crazies (either version) - I too would place it side-by-side (but for slightly different reasons) with 28 Days Later. The Crazies, while not 'post apocalyptic', does have that sense of community panic, and most importantly - the issue of viral infection of living people.

At least in WWZ they aren't (raptor screaming?) decaying in seconds-flat and crawling on the ceiling!

Day08 was the biggest sleighting of the zombie genre ... perhaps ever (then again, there was Craptagium). Christ it was bad!
    Day 08 was quite poossibly the worst film I have ever seen.. it sucked so bad
    Last edited by ZombieMovies; 26-Jun-2013 at 12:02 PM. Reason: mo

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieMovies View Post
    World War Z shits on Land of the dead
    As if that's some kind of accomplishment!? Just about every movie that has come out since Land shits on it.
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 26-Jun-2013 at 12:35 PM. Reason: .

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    so u guys stopped another 100 mil on opening weekend?? lol i dont think so

Dude its a smash hit.. and your not doing anyone harm but yourself not to see this film in IMAX and in 3d.. it was the shizzle.. You are only doing yourself a dis-service
    Last edited by ZombieMovies; 26-Jun-2013 at 12:34 PM. Reason: more

Administrator

England
    ^^ I thought the review of the 3D version wasn't good?

It's a perfectly reasonable (average) Hollywood action flick. It's not as dark and deep as I suspect most of us would like... but hey ho...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    <snip>

Ireland
    World War Z shits on Land of the dead// Ity was a huge hit at the Box Office.. the biggest of Pitts career for An opening weekend.. it already made way more than 100 million dollaRS IN NORTH AMERICA..
    Not an indication of a good film, by any means.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    ^^ I thought the review of the 3D version wasn't good?

It's a perfectly reasonable (average) Hollywood action flick. It's not as dark and deep as I suspect most of us would like... but hey ho...

i enjoyed the 3D.. i dont care about reviews I see it for myself.. Its got a 7.4 on IMDB .. thats usually a good indication if a movie is good theyre generally above a 7.. ive been following IMDB since the 90s and have been visiting HPOTD since the 90s.. I was as dissappointed as u were when I heard what was gonna be done with this film.. All of that considered I thought they did an excellent job given the direction they decided to go in
    Last edited by ZombieMovies; 26-Jun-2013 at 01:20 PM. Reason: yoyo

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    Play nice now please!
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Trying Neil, but I don't appreciate the confrontational tone (and I don't mean from you).

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieMovie
    So all you bitches that act like you not seeing the movie is standing up for the book or the genre.. get over yourselves...
    And I need to play nice?

And ZombieMovie, nowhere did I suggest that just because some of the people here on HPotD stayed home and didn't watch it that it cost the movie 100 million. Thanks for putting words in my mouth, but I can answer for myself. There were plenty of people who didn't go to see this movie, hence why it only did 100 million opening weekend. That's FAR from being a "smash hit" based on it's budget, but you are free to believe what you like.

United States
    The thread that keeps on giving.

.. but the dawn of the dead remake is on par with day and Night.

Now you're just being silly.

So all you bitches that act like you not seeing the movie is standing up for the book or the genre.

It will probably set records so guess hwat you sitting at home didnt do nothing
    So? Who cares?

Again, so what? Bunch of fools wasted their money & time. Good for them. Ain't no skin off my dick.

Dude its a smash hit.. and your not doing anyone harm but yourself not to see this film in IMAX and in 3d.. it was the shizzle.. You are only doing yourself a dis-service
    No, I did myself a great service by saving myself eight bucks & two hours. I love the argument that since 2 billion Chinese eat rice, I should eat rice too. You drank the Kool Aid & liked it. Good for you. That's swell. But don't try & act superior just because you chose to go see a crap movie & liked it, & others chose not to.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    Trying Neil, but I don't appreciate the confrontational tone (and I don't mean from you).

And I need to play nice?

And ZombieMovie, nowhere did I suggest that just because some of the people here on HPotD stayed home and didn't watch it that it cost the movie 100 million. Thanks for putting words in my mouth, but I can answer for myself. There were plenty of people who didn't go to see this movie, hence why it only did 100 million opening weekend. That's FAR from being a "smash hit" based on it's budget, but you are free to believe what you like.
    And how much was it made for? 125 mil? Folks seem to always miss that part: like Lou said, it has to make at least twice the investment for any decent return. If it pushes beyond that, we'll see what a runaway WWZ truly is. Right now I've no comment on the movie itself, except that I'll likely try to catch a matinee over the next couple days - in 2D.
    3D and IMAX by themselves don't impress - I just want to see if it's a good movie without the bells and whistles.

Wayne Z

"This ain't no midnight Horror show or creature double feature, babe."
    Deadfall: Foreshadow

England
    Question...

At the base, why were our three heroes put on stupid little squeaky bikes to get to the plane? Why couldn't they ride of the nice big safe fuel truck?

It would have made too much noise & also spoil the phone gag.

Tibet

Look, Brad.....you got your sequel. Stop trying so hard.

Isn't about doing harm....it's about the fact that I won't spend my money on something that I have no interest in seeing. They could be giving away unicorn skin jackets with every paid admission, and I still wouldn't go because I don't want to. I've never seen the Day remake....because I don't want to. I don't want to give them the wee pittance that they'll get from my admission, because I disagree with using the name (and not the source material), and I disagree with the decisions they made in how they made it. I'd prefer that those who agree with the way I feel also NOT give them money just to see if it's as bad as they think it will be, but that's up to them.