Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shaun of the Dead lego set

England
    Wow. Sounds like they are aware and interested in this. Cracking job. I wish you the best and may have to buy my first lego set after a 3 decade break from the small blocks of wonder.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Belgium
    Thank you guys for the feedback.. and for your support!

I wanted to share with you an update on the project... I would like to introduce to you the Winchester 2.0!

The Winchester 2.0 by Yatkuu, on Flickr

Not much has changed on the outside… but it’s in the inside that we have some very cool new cool features.
    The first version of the build only had a detailed ground floor… actually it did not even have a wall on the side in order to simplify the photography.

Winchester 2.0 - Floors breakdown by Yatkuu, on Flickr

This new version is now a fully modular house with a detailed interior on every floor. As with any other LEGO modular, the floors can each be removed to allow an easy access and playability.

The third floor features a bedroom and a complete bathroom; on the second floor we have a kitchen and a dining room and on the ground floor we have the tavern that has been slightly modified to accommodate the staircase to the upper floors. The build now also has a backdoor. I'm sure the fans of the movie will appreciate some funny details like the fuse box in the staircase.

You can check some close-ups of every floor on the website "Makethewinchester".

To the Winchester!

Administrator

England
    Tis a work of art

I know it would take it away from standard Lego, but would be interesting to see lighting (eg: artifexcreation or lifelites) added to it. eg: Working street light(s) and interior lights.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Being Attacked

England
    No jukebox/slot machine inside! And a different floor plan?!! You besmirch the good name of Shaun Of the Dead Lego!

Outside is very cool and in good remembrance to the pub that is now closed

Belgium
    ^Thanks for the feedback guys!

For those of you who are not aware of this Simon was invited in the Conan O'Brien show last Tuesday, you may catch the video here.
    So yeah, Ladies and Gentleman... this is Simon Pegg, on Conan, talking about my Winchester in LEGO! Can someone please slap me in the face to wake me up?

Needless to say that the project has been caught in a tweet / blog storm since then!
    The CUUSOO project page was viewed over 100k times in the past 48 hours and the supporter count is exploding!
    We are currently ranked #1 on the website with a total of 7466 supporters as I am typing this!
    We need 10k and LEGO will consider making it a real official set! We are almost there, please spread the word to your friends, every vote count, it's free, it will only take you a minute!
    Go vote here!

For all the Shaun of the Dead fans I also have an exclusive piece of info... on makethewinchester.com we publish today an interview of a Zombie who was in the movie, check it out, it's pure gold!

Yatkuu

Administrator

England
    ^^
    How cool is that
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Being Attacked

England
    Very cool that the project is getting a lot of support and best of luck! . As for Tim...well he was nice enough on set I suppose, if a bit sarcastic to me and some other people

I have wondered why no one had mentioned the cut stuff from the bar scene before, the guy who complained all the time was not happy with anything even when picked for the featured fight scene (which I think most people were glad to see him get smacked with a bottle) , unfortunetly for budgetary (and time reasons I think) they also cut out another effect/stunt scene involving a pizza delivery man zombie in the bar.
    Last edited by Knighty; 30-Mar-2012 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Spacing

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Knighty View Post
    As for Tim...well he was nice enough on set I suppose, if a bit sarcastic to me and some other people
    Explain?
    -Carl Sagan

Being Attacked

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Explain?
    I was in the bar scene with him for a few weeks. Nice enough guy but at the time I felt he was a bit full of himself.
    Not that it matters when it was 7 years ago and I was still a mere teen
    Last edited by Knighty; 30-Mar-2012 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Added extra crap

Great Britain
    More epic zombie lego this is my screensaver lol.

Being Attacked

England
    Haha love that!

Also Yatkuu, Simon Pegg is tweeting to drum up support.
    Last edited by Knighty; 31-Mar-2012 at 12:22 AM. Reason: Added extra

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Knighty View Post
    I was in the bar scene with him for a few weeks. Nice enough guy but at the time I felt he was a bit full of himself.
    Not that it matters when it was 7 years ago and I was still a mere teen
    "Him" being who? Simon Pegg?
    -Carl Sagan

Being Attacked

England
    No the zombie who was interviewed by Yatkuu on his site

Simon was as awesome as you would expect

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Very cool, and I would definitely buy this set.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Super Moderator

UK
    Funnily enough I was on Simon Pegg's blog today and watched that Conan appearance and saw about this on there - had a look and they've got their required 10,000 supporters - sweet!