Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Got to love James Cameron! Now he's sinking Christianity!

Administrator

England

Got to love James Cameron! Now he's sinking Christianity!

I can't wait for the fall-out of this!

http://time-blog.com/middle_east/200...the_crypt.html
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    lol, Go Jimbo!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i think its been done before as fiction on the exact same subject, anyhoo i read the comments but this one is pure gold.

"I don't buy this heresy for one minute. After I heard about this, I did some digging and found that Cameron and Jacobovici produced a documentary that claimed the Exodus actually occurred. I, as a believer, already knew that.

So, this raises an important question. If Cameron and Jacobovici believe in the Exodus, how could they NOT believe in the Resurrection? How could they accept part of Scripture, but not all of it? They're speaking out of both sides of their mouths."

okay all you christians show of hands, who thinks 100% and i mean every word of the bible actually happened, even the stuff like a guy named david slaying a giant?, now far be it from me to judge your religion but even a christian has to admit that not everything in the bible could have happened, a guy named jesus could have existed, thats entirely plausible, but talking burning bushes and the like dont exist, so yes its entirely possible to not believe in all of the bible.

though in hindsight im probably completely wrong about the facts but you get my point, plus i think mista mo will probably explain it better, since he's the only guy who i know is christian on here.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    "How could they accept part of Scripture, but not all of it?"
    Has that guy ever heard of, Oh I don't know, JEWS?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    zing man, zing.

Undisclosed
    Christianity is so close to becoming null and void. There are two scientist that are really close to proving the Big Bang Theory. But I doubt Christians will except the truth even then.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Minerva_Zombi View Post
    Christianity is so close to becoming null and void. There are two scientist that are really close to proving the Big Bang Theory. But I doubt Christians will except the truth even then.
    Odd you say that... Some scientists are now suggesting there are so many perfect systems balanced on top of each other (for us to exist) that devine intervention has to be real!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    In my opinion, the idea that once we die we magically fly away to a wonderland to run barefoot, hand in hand with Jesus Christ is really stupid. Reality sucks, but won't subdue myself to believing in a fairy tale that creates war and hatred all around the world.

Kazakhstan
    i believe in a creator but i reject all dogma and most of the stuff in the bible.

i subscribe to the design argument etc, and i think the stuff in genesis is parable/metaphor, because how are a bunch of savages going to understand the big bang? even enlightened 21st century post industrial revolution folks cant fully grasp it...

but yeah, go cameron!

"this time it's war"
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i agree, though i wouldnt put it as bluntly, i was talking with a christian freind of mine and i told him that i think we (lief on earth) is just a coincidence of so many perfect anomalys occuring at the same time, and when we die, were gone, which he found really depressing but i just told him i meant he should enjoy the moment, regardless, not live a set of teachings during life for after its done, cus i honestly dont think that such a beautiful world as this is nothing more than some way station for some afterlife.

that said, that was when i got a little evil ....

he asked me why i hated the idea of heaven and i said something along the lines of "living forever, never ageing, never argueing or feeling pain and never having to want for anything means never having to strive for somethign again, no more growth on a personal level you would just be stuck for ever, thats my idea of hell".
    he nodded and said "i can see how you might find that not so appealing".

then the devil on my shoulder gave me an idea ..

i said "well what if the whole christianity thing was a cosmic joke?"

naturally he whent "bollox"

i said "no ,hear me out, what if there is a god and a devil, but the devil wrote the bible and starterd christianity?"

of course, he just sorta shrugged and whent ,"pfft, you talkin' **** man"

then i said "but think about it, if the devil is really evil, then he would make himself look like the hard done too guy what with the thrown out by god thing right?, and what better revenge if your pissed at god would there be than to start a religion on earth were people think there praying to god but actually its the devil instead?"

he was a little bugged out and said "allright ,explain"

i go on "well think about it, bad things happen to good people right?, so god rarely if ever intervenes, what with the whole life allways finding a way thing, so if he started your religion why, since modern communication and science has been easily accesible has he not communicated with humanity in centuries?, why stop?, but you hear people say the devil talks to them all the time, and think, if you were told that after death you had to choose between a paradise were you forever go without wanting, or a firey inferno youd choose the first one right?"

"right"

"exactly my point, so what if the devil set up the idea of "hell" so you aim to go to the first one, when that is the real hell, were you never change, and never get another surprise forever, and the second one doesnt exist, its just natural youd pick the lesser of two evils right?, so what better way to get back at god than to found a religion which sends thousands of his creations straight to hell?"

......he was silent for a bit then said "....uhh, i think im gonna have to think that one over".
    i think i officially gave that guy a "mind ****" over that one...only that sounds a little gay, but damn i shouldnt have screwed with his head so bad.

....but what if i was working for the devil, hell, he visits this forum too ,right lou?

United States
    God doesnt intervene cause we have the freedom of choice in all things. When things go wrong its always blamed on God, he didnt do or he did something that caused this..or he isnt there at all!
    It is easy to come up with things to explain him away if that is what you want to do...but for me I believe and always will believe in him no matter what man says!
    I know one thing I believe in God and Jesus, I believe Jesus died on the cross for my sins and rose again. God gives us the free will to believe in whatever we please just like you all have said before me.
    This is one of things I wont argue sex, politics, or religion!
    But, I wanted to say that I believe God exists and He is there...He has helped me through many many things in my life. I wouldnt have made it through without him.
    Now adays people sure like to take God out of everything but not for me he is right here in my heart eventho I as a human being dont act like it sometimes!
    God isnt a concept or a book or a thought he is GOD!
    So, I am not going to argue with you I just wanted to put my thoughts down .
    I was going to tell you all God loves you but, I dont want to offend anyone so, I will just and say I do!!! I care for you all and ya all know if ya ever need to talk just pm me I am here!
    You guys still rock!!!!!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbieangel View Post
    God doesnt intervene cause we have the freedom of choice in all things. When things go wrong its always blamed on God, he didnt do or he did something that caused this..or he isnt there at all!
    It is easy to come up with things to explain him away if that is what you want to do...but for me I believe and always will believe in him no matter what man says!
    I know one thing I believe in God and Jesus, I believe Jesus died on the cross for my sins and rose again. God gives us the free will to believe in whatever we please just like you all have said before me.
    This is one of things I wont argue sex, politics, or religion!
    But, I wanted to say that I believe God exists and He is there...He has helped me through many many things in my life. I wouldnt have made it through without him.
    Now adays people sure like to take God out of everything but not for me he is right here in my heart eventho I as a human being dont act like it sometimes!
    God isnt a concept or a book or a thought he is GOD!
    So, I am not going to argue with you I just wanted to put my thoughts down .
    I was going to tell you all God loves you but, I dont want to offend anyone so, I will just and say I do!!! I care for you all and ya all know if ya ever need to talk just pm me I am here!
    You guys still rock!!!!!
    If a child dies at say less than a year old... Where does it go? Heaven or hell?

If it's heaven, how does God decide who gets the automatic passes to heaven? Why wasn't I deemed lucky enough to die so young?
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    y'know that raises another question, you could'nt age in heaven or it'd be just frekay, so what does happen to a baby that dies, they'd probablt go to heaven, what without not being able to sin yet, but would they stay a baby forever?, how would that work?

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I think both evolution and intelligent design has pros and cons. But evolution sounds more reasonable to me. Even if it is Intelligent Design, I would never accept christianity, and least of all the bible, as the REAL answer. Nor any other manmade religion. Why? Because it IS manmade (No offense Debbie, these are just my views). God didn't spread the word, Charlemagne did. With his sword and his cavalry.

Same with Islam. Mohammed spread it with his scimitar. Most religions are spread the same way, and I frankly don't see how christianity holds any more value than ancient Hellenistic (Greek) religion. That's why I more often than not label my religion as Hellenistic and say I believe in Zeus and Ares and that ****. To me, that is JUST as crazy as believing in christianity.

As for philosophy, I follow the opposite of Buddhism (which I also think is bull****...), namely the teachings of Epicuros. Life is short, so enjoy it. It's a hedonistic thing... And no, I am not overweight, as you more often than not imagine hedonists

Oh and Hail Communism.
    Last edited by EvilNed; 26-Feb-2007 at 03:23 PM.

Kazakhstan
    i dont believe in heaven or hell, but when i did i reasoned it like this;

we are all like a bunch of programs on a computer, programs that function well follow his rules and go to heaven, those that dont go to the hell recycle bin. kids who die young automatically go to heaven because they havent had a chance to screw up yet, god's kind like that.

i never subscribed to the whole "why does god let bad things happen" as grounds for disproving his existence. we are left to our own devices. faith is a requirement for salvation, and there wouldnt be much point in faith if a ghostly giant hand stopped planes from crashing etc.

it's up to us to make the world a nice place, it's part of the criteria he'd judge us on.

btw just like to underline i dont fully buy anything of this personally, i'm nothing more than a deist, i believe in A god or higher power of some kind that designed and created the earth, but i dunno about judgement, dogma, angels and all that...
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE