Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie

United States
    Yeah I saw something about this earlier, did not realize there was already a teaser trailer out! Needless to say, as a super fan of Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul, I will be watching this very minute that it's released! Hopefully once they finish with Better Call Saul and this is over, they give it a rest and don't try to milk it for anything else.

Super Moderator

UK
    Looking forward to this. I really hope they don't scupper the perfect ending to Breaking Bad with this follow-up movie ... but I have faith in the team. They have consistently crafted superb drama of a level above almost every competitor, so fingers crossed!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Day 1 watch from me.

btw, I've never watched Saul. I want to feel the story move forward, so I'm not really into prequels.

I'm sure it's great, but I know I wouldn't invest in it.

Ireland
    'Better Call Saul' I find is even better than 'Breaking Bad'.

On this thing though, I've really no interest in a story about Jessie Pinkman. I really hated him.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

UK
    Yeah, Better Call Saul is great. I wouldn't necessarily say it's better than BB, but it's certainly equal (albeit in a slightly different, but familiar, way).

We've had four seasons and so surely they'll be getting close to wrapping it up. When that happens I'll re-watch all of BB again.

Better Call Saul gives some glimpses into the characters post-BB life, although I'd like a bit more than what we get, but it has been surprisingly effective in showing this very different version of the man and how he has slid further and further downhill towards "Saul".

United States
    Is that Skinny Pete? lol
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

United States
    Church

England
    I'm in the why? camp.
    Unnecessary and I didn't like Jessie either
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I used to be in the why camp regarding Breaking Bad spinoffs....

But then I saw Better Call Saul. No more why camp. I trust Gilligan at this point.

New Breaking Bad?? “Tight tight TIGHT!”

United States

damn is it october 11th yet? really digging how they aren't giving away much at all in these trailers and teasers, just lots of tension and nods to the original series (the salvage yard, jesse letting the bug crawl across his hand, the photo of andrea and brock).

the wife and i really wanted to go see this on the big screen, as it's showing in something like 68 cities across the US, but the nearest place is over 2 hours away and it'd be quite the hassle, let alone having to find someone to watch our 2-month old and 3-year old for the evening.

so, rest assured, our asses will be planted on the couch that evening to catch this ASAP. hard to believe it's been six years since the show ended already. very interested to see how things turn out for jesse!

Super Moderator

UK
    Likewise, I'll be there plonked in front of Netflix to check this out!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Well, it's out and I watched it. Loved it! A better finale to the series than the series finale, actually. Although this is Jesse's story, which probably doesn't come as a surprise after all the PR.

Some great scenes. Memorable. Fits right in with the rest of BB. Feels so seamless with the series proper.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I also enjoyed it! It’s not truly necessary, but for fans of the show, it’s a great little epilogue to see where Pinkman ended up.

As soon as I finished the movie, I heard the news that Robert Forrester had passed. The guy was still killing it, right up to the end.

Super Moderator

UK
    Awww, what, Robert Forster has died? Damn. RIP, Mr Forster.

As for El Camino - loved it. It felt like an extended episode of the show, as has been said, because it felt so seamless (well, the odd noticeable difference aside in the flashbacks). It was also nice to see a bit of the old Jesse in there as well (in the vacuum store), so it had a bit of levity at times. Great to see so many returning characters either in flashback or present day, and it tied everything up well.

As bass says, not strictly "necessary", but I'm really glad that it was made and it does provide a last bit of closure. I enjoyed it a lot.

Creepiest part of it? Todd's psychopathy (and sociopathy, even) ... Plemons absolutely nails that (as does the script!).