Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Zombie Movies

Undisclosed

Best Zombie Movies

I'm trying to find good zombie movies to watch outside the Dead series. I've already seen Romero's films, and I've also seen Return of the Living Dead, the crappy resident Evil movies, Shaun of the Dead (Awesome) and the uber-crappy Dead and Breakfast. I'm already about to get Dead-Alive, AKA Braindead, and Dead Next Door. I can't get Video Dead or the remake of night of the Living Dead, so those are out, and I've already seen the Dawn remake. I don' want to see Day of the Dead 2, yet, as it is a total crap-fest, or so I've heard, and I won't see it for the Bad Movie value untill I really want to. So, any ideas?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    even though its kinda between zombie and ...something else, 28 days later is still a film ive yet to hear a romero fan say they didnt like.
    also i gotta name drop dj and lou's very own deadlands, whilst the ending is a bit of a cop-out its part of a 2-parter, (i think) so its worth checking out.
    zombie flesh eaters is allright, and if your an amatuer film maker yourself that zombie v shark scene is all the more impressive.
    versus is a movie about yakuza style zombies (its asain cinema which some people, god knows why get touchy about subtitles ) with martial arts instead of the usual nuts with guns, which makes a good change.
    but if you prefer nuts with guns theres allways undead, a sweet aussie one.
    theres wild zero if you want a "huh"? level of crazy but if you want the true "WTF" factor theres a flick, though the zombies are only in it for one musical number you gotta see just becuase its so screwed up, the happiness of the katakuris you will lose your fragile world perspective after that one.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Dellamorte Dellamore is great.

Italy
    Quote Originally Posted by Dysnomia View Post
    Dellamorte Dellamore is great.
    absolutely agree 100%, but it'd be easier to find it named as "Cemetary Man" (w/Rupert Everett, 1994).

Do not waste your money on Dead Next Door. I may catch some **** for saying this, but Day of the Dead 2: Contagium was a better movie than Dead next Door.

There's also a little zombie cartoon called City of Rott. Seems like flash animation or what not... just be careful how much money you spend, chances are it won't be worth it.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by 7734 View Post
    absolutely agree 100%, but it'd be easier to find it named as "Cemetary Man" (w/Rupert Everett, 1994).

Do not waste your money on Dead Next Door. I may catch some **** for saying this, but Day of the Dead 2: Contagium was a better movie than Dead next Door.

There's also a little zombie cartoon called City of Rott. Seems like flash animation or what not... just be careful how much money you spend, chances are it won't be worth it.
    I've heard people saying Dead next Door isn't great, but I still want to see it. The zombies are extremely creative, with the caged mouths and such.Oh, and I've already seen 28 Days Later (Great also) and the I Am Legend movies (Omega Man, Last Man on Earth). I can't wait for the Will Smith one, even though it'll be more I, Robot than Ali. Also, Cemetary Man is already on my list. I love the idea of the plant-ish zombies.

Oh, and I've got Netflix, so I'm not wasting any money.

Undisclosed
    you should get wild zero
    by all means!
    best movie in the world if your a rockabilly or punk fan
    and a zombie fan

also biozombie is great, Zombi 2,
    i liked th dead next door personally
    the hearrt was there
    and if given a budget im sure hed have an epic
    the make up ws the best part

junk is good, VS. is good

if your a campy guy id head straight for hell of the living dead
    A.F.A.!!!!!!
    Artichoke Fondlers Anonymous !!!

Death Count of friends playing Zombie DND: 8

Eddy- Face accidently smashed with a hatchet by a fellow survivor, Invasion Day 4
    Jake- Shot in the back by the police as he robbed a Sports Authority, Invasion Day 1
    chris- bitten while defending home, shot by chester
    annie- wrists slashed by nader and eaten alive
    richard- torn to pieces after being pulled from atop his SUV by zombies, managed to shoot his gas tank in the process
    nader- killed by th explosion of richard's SUV
    carl- tortured to deah by nader (infighting got nasty)
    jake- shot by carl in the stomach

Undisclosed

I'd recommend..

LET SLEEPING CORPSES (1974). Once you get past the slow pacing (in the first half) and some sketchy dubbing, the film delivers some intense gore (by makeup artist Gianetto De Rossi) and tense scenes.

capncnut
    28 Days Later is the best of the non-zombie zombie movies, Zombie Flesh Eaters (or Zombi 2) is technically the best of the Italian zombie flicks, although I do prefer The Beyond and Cemetary Man. You really must try to get your hands on Savini's NOTLD remake, it should be available anywhere and it's absolutely brilliant.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    plaga zombie:zona mutante.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Shemp View Post
    LET SLEEPING CORPSES (1974). Once you get past the slow pacing (in the first half) and some sketchy dubbing, the film delivers some intense gore (by makeup artist Gianetto De Rossi) and tense scenes.
    That's actually one of few Italian produced Zombie films where you can get the original score without any dubbing in it. It was filmed in England, with english actors.

In any case, it's a great flick. More famously known as Breakfast (Or The Living Dead) at the Manchester Morgue.

Besides, I think that the gore effects in the films aren't that numerous and it's more of a suspensefull zombie film. Definetly one of the best out there.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    28 Days Later is the best of the non-zombie zombie movies, Zombie Flesh Eaters (or Zombi 2) is technically the best of the Italian zombie flicks, although I do prefer The Beyond and Cemetary Man. You really must try to get your hands on Savini's NOTLD remake, it should be available anywhere and it's absolutely brilliant.
    Dammit, I want to get the Savini remake, but Netflix doesn't have it for some reason. AAARG!!! Also, isn't Zombie 2 just the Italian cut of Dawn of the Dead? I thought that the only difference was that some of the best scenes were cut out (Helecopter Decapitation, anyone?). Are there any extra scens added? Oh, and I already said that I've seen (I also recorded it on a crappy VHS) 28 Days Later, so that's not on my "To Watch" list.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Just go to Walmart or something like that. NOTLD90 can be found basically anywhere for real cheap, too. In fact, if you're desperate to see it soon.....check through the ENCORE movie channels if you have them. They've been playing it lately.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    Just go to Walmart or something like that. NOTLD90 can be found basically anywhere for real cheap, too. In fact, if you're desperate to see it soon.....check through the ENCORE movie channels if you have them. They've been playing it lately.
    I've checked Wall-Mart and Best Buy. Circuit City is where I need to check next, followed by Suncoast Video. I don't expect I will find it at either, though.

Undisclosed

Red face add this one..

wow, i didnt know Night90 was so hard to find.

i found my copy pretty easy,also i will agree that 28 days later was pretty cool!!

dead next door i have on vhs,id say to see it at least once but that might be enough for anybody!
    alot of what i would say has been mentioned,but if your a combo of rock music and zombie lover like myselfi would definitetly say check out if you can find it:
    HARD ROCK ZOMBIES!!

some people may not agree with me, it does have a little cheese in it but you will want to add it to your collection,
    good luck finding it in stores i just got it by chance for christmas on dvd from my aunt not realizing what she had bought me only knowing i was a horror fan,b4 that i had the vhs copy which i had to rent and never return because i couldnt buy it anywhere!!!

Undisclosed
    I love my Fulci DVDs as much as my Romero's. It's all about atmosphere and personality no matter how well these films are made, for me. Especially music plays a big part. So I recommend the big 4: City of the Living Dead, Zombie, The Beyond and House by the Cemetery.