Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Terminator 6 (film) - The coolest/best thing I've ever heard Schwarzenegger say

Administrator

England

Terminator 6 (film) - The coolest/best thing I've ever heard Schwarzenegger say

"In March next year, I am shooting Terminator 6, James Cameron and David Ellison are back on board and then comes Conan."
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    "In March next year, I am shooting Terminator 6, James Cameron and David Ellison are back on board and then comes Conan."
    The Terminator franchise should have been over and done with by the second installment. But the Conan franchise should have gone on for at least a couple more films after the first one. The original intention of the producers was for Schwarzenegger to make three Conan films, but only two were made (and the second one was weak compared to the first one, which was a great fantasy/action film) since Schwarzenegger walked his way out of the contract for a third Conan film by making Red Sonja instead (which once again was not as good as the first Conan movie.) So the way I see it, Schwarzenegger owes fans at least one more Conan movie.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    The Terminator franchise should have been over and done with by the second installment. But the Conan franchise should have gone on for at least a couple more films after the first one. The original intention of the producers was for Schwarzenegger to make three Conan films, but only two were made (and the second one was weak compared to the first one, which was a great fantasy/action film) since Schwarzenegger walked his way out of the contract for a third Conan film by making Red Sonja instead (which once again was not as good as the first Conan movie.) So the way I see it, Schwarzenegger owes fans at least one more Conan movie.
    I have some hope Cameron can deliver a meaningful/solid Terminator film...

And I'm hoping a Conan film with an aging Schwarzenegger can still be great!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    I'm going to say that he's just too old now at 70+. It'll be a parody, if the makers aren't very careful.

Missing out of a few Conans here and there when Arnie was in his prime ws one of cinemas greatest "crimes". It's just a pity that the second one was shite.

As for another Terminator? No...just no. Don't care who's involved, but that thing should be put out of our misery.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    I'm going to say that he's just too old now at 70+. It'll be a parody, if the makers aren't very careful.

Missing out of a few Conans here and there when Arnie was in his prime ws one of cinemas greatest "crimes". It's just a pity that the second one was shite.

As for another Terminator? No...just no. Don't care who's involved, but that thing should be put out of our misery.
    I'm in agreement with Terminator, but not Conan. I still think Arnold as an aging Conan could be a good film, as long as he's supported by a great cast and competent script.

As for Terminator. Just drop it. Cameron's got no talent anymore.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    As for Terminator. Just drop it. Cameron's got no talent anymore.
    No talent? I'd rather watch Avatar than most of the scifi films of the last decade? I'd rather watch Avatar than most/all of the recent Star Wars films for example...

I can understand why you might think he's gone off the boil, but when you use needlessly black and white comments like, "no talent..." Really?
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    No talent? I'd rather watch Avatar than most of the scifi films of the last decade? I'd rather watch Avatar than most/all of the recent Star Wars films for example...

I can understand why you might think he's gone off the boil, but when you use needlessly black and white comments like, "no talent..." Really?
    Neil, I know you're a sucker for high concept Hollywood films but when I say "No talent" I mean "No talent".

To be fair, I base this almost solely on Avatar, which was a mess and a piece of shit. But also partly on comments he's made on other films, which makes me distrust his judgement wholly. He did praise the last Terminator film, for instance. Nobody in their right mind would praise it. Shrug it off as empty and mediocre entertainment perhaps, but praise it? No way.

Super Moderator

UK
    Neil, I know you're a sucker for high concept Hollywood films but when I say "No talent" I mean "No talent".

To be fair, I base this almost solely on Avatar, which was a mess and a piece of shit. But also partly on comments he's made on other films, which makes me distrust his judgement wholly. He did praise the last Terminator film, for instance. Nobody in their right mind would praise it. Shrug it off as empty and mediocre entertainment perhaps, but praise it? No way.
    He likely praised it because he was paid to, or was asked to do so as a favour. I never believed a word of what he said in praise of Genisys, anyway.

To say that JC has "no talent" - especially putting it all down to a single movie - is rather silly, Ned. Sure, the script for Avatar is rather unoriginal and fairly predictable (with a vast amount of exposition to provide understanding to all the tech and socio-political issues going on in the wider story and setting), but visually the film is spectacular. The world-building is on-point. Hopefully, in bring on other writers, the Avatar sequels will have better scripts to go with the visual grandeur.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    He likely praised it because he was paid to, or was asked to do so as a favour. I never believed a word of what he said in praise of Genisys, anyway.

To say that JC has "no talent" - especially putting it all down to a single movie - is rather silly, Ned. Sure, the script for Avatar is rather unoriginal and fairly predictable (with a vast amount of exposition to provide understanding to all the tech and socio-political issues going on in the wider story and setting), but visually the film is spectacular. The world-building is on-point. Hopefully, in bring on other writers, the Avatar sequels will have better scripts to go with the visual grandeur.
    I disagree wholeheartedly. Avatar looked dreadful. It was as imagenary in it's designs as an Asylum production.

Administrator

England
    I disagree wholeheartedly. Avatar looked dreadful. It was as imagenary in it's designs as an Asylum production.
    OK.. I'm calling you out as tainted and polarised I'm afraid on this

I can see why people have issues with Avatar, but at the end of the day, it was a solid production, with a reasonable story and reasonable acting, all underlined by utterly ground breaking technology, which at least should result in a mediocre opinion of it (IMHO)...
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    OK.. I'm calling you out as tainted and polarised I'm afraid on this

I can see why people have issues with Avatar, but at the end of the day, it was a solid production, with a reasonable story and reasonable acting, all underlined by utterly ground breaking technology, which at least should result in a mediocre opinion of it (IMHO)...
    It was a solid production from a technical viewpoint.

But it was by no means a reasonable story... Or creative designs.
    It felt like a hackjob. A 200 million dollar hackjob, I'll give you that, but still a hackjob. You can tell where Cameron's focus was: On the 3D and the CGI.

Administrator

England
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    I see JC is producing and Tim Miller (Deadpool) is directing.

I take it that LH and JC have buried the hatchet (IIRC their divorce was acrimonious? I think the movement of the rights to Terminator away from JC in the first place was a result of the settlement) ... anyway, it'll be interesting to see what goes on with this one, but after three duff T-movies in a row, even the involvement of the mighty T-originator himself only goes so far to outweigh all that dreck. Well see, eh?

Administrator

England
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    So excited, loving so far hearing that they are going to pretend Terminator 3-5 never existed....
    Oh dear.

I hate that crap.

Not that I'll be watching this anyway. I've long since tuned out of this stuff.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....