that has me a bit confused.

found this on fangoria.com:

February 19: Don Coscarelli talks new JOHN DIES movie

Writer/director Don Coscarelli has snagged the rights to David Wong’s wild debut novel, JOHN DIES AT THE END, which he’ll adapt and direct as his next screen project. “[The book] is an ambitious novel with an outrageous sense of humor and excruciatingly intense gore,” Coscarelli tells Fango. “What’s not to like?!”

Originally published on-line in serial form, Wong’s book was such a hit that a revised print version became available through Permuted Press in August. The story follows two goofballs who get caught up in a freaky fight against (deep breath…) mutated victims of a strange drug that allows them to drift across time and dimensions and the horrific invasion that may be taking place on Earth because of them. Coscarelli compares JOHN DIES to his previous popular adaptation: “My feelings for JOHN are similar to how they were for Joe R. Lansdale's BUBBA HO-TEP,” he says. “Prior to filming that movie, I’d reread the Lansdale novella and absolutely knew it would make a terrific movie. I feel the same way about JOHN. David Wong is a terrific new talent. He effortlessly blends genres and creates genuine dread. I’m thrilled to be working on a project that’s firmly planted in the genre, yet different and highly original.”

the thing that has me a bit confused is the "as his next project" part. does that mean after bubba nosferatu and phantasm V or does this mean that both of those aforementioned films are gonna stay in development oblivion until this "john dies" thing gets made.