Thread: I see the UK has some backwoods redneck types of their own.

United States

I see the UK has some backwoods redneck types of their own.

http://www.abajournal.com/news/artic...ff_own_finger/

A man who could have gotten substantial jail time for shooting a wart off his own finger with a 12-bore Beretta shotgun expressed gratitude for good lawyering after getting only a 16-week suspended sentence.
    “I know I could have gone to jail for up to 15 years for a firearms offense. My solicitor did a very good job," said Shaun Murphy, 38, outside Doncaster Magistrates’ Court in South Yorkshire earlier this week.
    He made the decision to take an unconventional approach to dealing with a troublesome wart after imbibing several pints of beer, which also served as an anesthetic, reports the Telegraph. The blast took off his finger as well as the wart, but Murphy is reportedly happy to be rid of the growth. He said he found the gun under a hedge.
    Murphy was represented by Richard Haigh, who said his client had been “a victim of his own stupidity when domestic pressures got to him," the United Kingdom newspaper recounts.
    A shotgun? LOL

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    I think we invented the backwoods redneck types - just didn't have so many trees to fell so they became farmers...
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Super Moderator

United States
    I haven't supported access to firearms in rural England since I watched Watership Down as a child

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Wow. Just wow.

This person should be taken out of the gene pool.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    There are much better ways to get rid of a wart......but this may be the quickest...
    Last edited by bassman; 20-Jun-2011 at 03:42 PM. Reason: .

United States
    He said he found the gun under a hedge.

Where the WEE folk left it no doubt!