Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Terminator Salvation trailer...

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Damn. And I was kind of anxious to see this on the big screen tonight in front of TDK. Not so much anymore. Looks...meh.

capncnut
    Nope, not liking this!

ViP

United States
    What they've shown looks great. Unfortunately it isn't much too chew on.

Undisclosed
    Looks like Transformers.... Not good...

Banned User

Undisclosed
    Looks great, Bale will make John Connor look awesome as well. Cant wait to see it. Gonna be cool.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Khardis View Post
    Looks great, Bale will make John Connor look awesome as well. Cant wait to see it. Gonna be cool.
    Someone tossy enough to call themselves 'Mc G'? Someone tossy enough to make not one, but TWO 'Charlies Angels Films'... Hmmm...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I really can't pass much judgement on that trailer alone... although, it does look better than T3; I thought that movie SUCKED.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    that...actually looks allright, not a patch on t2 ill warrant mah watch on. but still this looks better than t3.

kinda feels like jericho meets screamers if ya get me.

Banned User

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Someone tossy enough to call themselves 'Mc G'? Someone tossy enough to make not one, but TWO 'Charlies Angels Films'... Hmmm...
    What? English please.

capncnut
    Tossy: wanky, hand movement involved in masturbation

And yeah, someone who names themselves 'McG' and makes two Charlie's Angels films is a big ole wanker indeed.

Undisclosed
    Take a look at what we call ourselves in this forum...does that make most of us wankers?

I thought the trailer look pretty good for a teaser. That being said most trailers look pretty good and then splat!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy911sc View Post
    That being said most trailers look pretty good and then splat!
    one of the essential truths of the world it seems.

comedies are esp. bad in this respect. how many times have you seen a trailer for a comdey that looked really fun then SLAM - when you see the actual movie you realize that the 90 second to 2 min trailer contained the only funny 2 mins in the entire film.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by scipio70 View Post
    comedies are esp. bad in this respect. how many times have you seen a trailer for a comdey that looked really fun then SLAM - when you see the actual movie you realize that the 90 second to 2 min trailer contained the only funny 2 mins in the entire film.

All of Will Ferrell's films post-anchorman have this problem, imo.

Super Moderator

UK
    I will like some elements of T4 ... like I liked some elements of T3.

However, over all I thought T3 was unnecessary, poorly written, generally uninspired, and filled with too much cocky and ever so lame 'gags' to mug off at the audience ever so directly.

However - will I like T4 more than I did with T3? Who knows.

I certainly can't tell from that teaser.

It looks generally impressive from a production stand point, or well...not impressive perhaps, but expected, shall we say.

I still despise the whole PG-13 thing, as well as the general attitude behind making the movie - the whole spiel the producers were banging on about in regards to their "marketting strategy" being really "awesome" showed me exactly what mindset rests behind this flick.

As for the look of the action in the film again - it's not Cameron style, which was so important to the look of the first two Terminator films. Cameron has his own way of doing things and his own attitude to action ... to be honest that teaser just looks like any other average Hollywood actioner.

I'll judge fully in due course, of course, but I've not been keen on it from the start...so there we are then.