Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Max Payne 3 (video game)

Administrator

England

Max Payne 3 (video game)

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    did we read the same article? that sounds terrible.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    How so?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    How so?
    because its not max payne. thats every rockstar 3rd person shooter this gen.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Wow, the metro's gaming section is actually pretty cool...!

AS for MP3 - I LOVED the writing of the first game, the atmosphere, everything - they watered it down a bit for MP2 which was a shame, but still a fairly enjoyable game.

I always say about rockstar, it's style over real substance nowdays...and Max Payne is unfortunately great fodder for the self indulgence of Rockstar games to feed gorge itself into obesity. So I am half half excited about this one. On one hand we may get a great, dark, balls to the wall action game with a great story and a great script. Or we may just get another game with (arguably) a great script. Meh. Couldn't care less about that one.

As I always say, I'll wait for someone here to fork out on it and give a review before going anywhere near it.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Super Moderator

UK
    I'll most likely play it ... it's certainly been in development for a while and Max has gone through some changes over those years. We'll see what's what with it in due course I guess ... but I'm definitely interested, even if it's not Remedy ... ... speaking of which, I do hope we get an Alan Wake 2.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    did we read the same article? that sounds terrible. because its not max payne. thats every rockstar 3rd person shooter this gen.
    Huh? Just because there's going to be a multiplayer mode?

Administrator

England
    If it's just 50% the game Max Payne 2 was, it will be worth the wait!

If you can enjoy it with friends... Even better!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post

If you can enjoy it with friends... Even better!
    no, no not better. Max payne is a noir crime thriller, a very deep, dialogue heavy single player experience. Not yet another call of duty fanbase appealing meathead bro-down where im trying to listen to max say someshit like 'the bullets fell, like raindrops in a storm of blood, sweat and cocaine" or some bullshit but my brospeh is over the mike screaming "YO BRAH, I ,LIKE, TOTALLY SHOT THIS GUY IN THE FUKKIN GIGGLEPOUCH, SHIT WAS STEEEEEEEP SON".

not everything needs bullshit multiplayer and other suck bollocks. its like half life episode 3 having online co-op and the game requiring a constant online connection. theres some shit you leave well enough alone.

United States
    one of my roommates in the Marines was always playing max payne, he really dug it. i had some extra MS points and bought it on sale a few months back, but only made it to chapter 4 before i got side-tracked...still plan on finishing it sometime soon once the weather turns to shit.

i like what i've played so far, though, and may even download the 2nd one if it goes on sale again.

Administrator

England
    not everything needs bullshit multiplayer and other suck bollocks. its like half life episode 3 having online co-op and the game requiring a constant online connection. theres some shit you leave well enough alone.
    True, but Max Payne 2 had some extra game modes, and those would be very fun with a couple of mates joining! VERY FUN!
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    ^^ Do you recon that's the game engine?
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    ^^ Do you recon that's the game engine?
    It said at the end that all footage was in-game engine footage ... that's quite common for Rockstar games now. They've done the same thing with their trailers for GTA IV, RDR, and LA Noire in the past.

As for the trailer itself - I wonder if this teaser just covers an early part of the game ... because there's no rain-lashed New York streets during the night in that trailer ... which are key to Max Payne's style, not only is it visually dramatic, but it's an extension of the protagonist's mental state and a reflection of another fine mess he's gotten himself into.

At least they've still got the same guy doing the voice anyway.

Administrator

England
    ^^ Epic graphics then!
    -Carl Sagan