Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hobo with a Shotgun fake trailer for Grindhouse

United States

Hobo with a Shotgun fake trailer for Grindhouse

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

capncnut
    Brilliant! Looks like a Jim Van Bebber movie, awesome.

Super Moderator

UK
    I'm still a big fan of Hollywood Vigilante, but Hobo With A Shotgun is also superb and nails the grindhouse vibe with a vengeance! VERY COOL. I hadn't seen it until now, but had heard a lot about it.

I'd totally go and see that flick.

Undisclosed
    It may have originally been for grindhouse, but it didnt make it into the film. That trailer was no where to be found in grindhouse.

Looks like a cool flick though!
    "I Like Your Christ, I Do Not Like Your Christians,
    Your Christians Are So Unlike Your Christ."
    ~Mohandas K. Ghandi

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by dmbfanintn View Post
    It may have originally been for grindhouse, but it didnt make it into the film. That trailer was no where to be found in grindhouse.
    I think it's one of the fan submitted trailers that were played at the film's premiere or something like that.

Cool trailer, though.

Undisclosed
    There was a competition held at SXSW. As MZ kindly pointed out, he enjoyed mine, Hollywood Vigilante starring Ken Foree (look for it on YouTube). However, Hobo With A Shotgun was the winner.

And it was blown up to 35mm and played before the movie all over Canada, which is where the filmmaker was from. He has rumored that it will appear on the DVD.

pJ
    "See you in L.A., Marvin." - Jack Walsh

Super Moderator

UK
    Indeed, I really do love the Hollywood Vigilante trailer, I think it rocks.

Hobo With A Shotgun was fantastic, hopefully it'll be plastered on the DVD, that'd be pretty nifty...it certainly was a cool competition, and there were many spiffing entries, some better than others, but that's the game I guess.

capncnut
    You know what? I got something to say on this whole Grindhouse fake trailer thing? Eli Roth? Edgar Wright? F**k off! What have they contributed in terms of low budget cinematic crap? As I said before Jim Van Bebber (Deadbeat At Dawn, The Manson Family) would have been a much better choice or John Waters (Pink Flamingoes, Hairspray), Johnathan Demme (Caged Heat, Something Wild), directors like that.
    Last edited by capncnut; 11-Apr-2007 at 02:22 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    You know what? I got something to say on this whole Grindhouse fake trailer thing? Eli Roth? Edgar Wright? F**k off! What have they contributed in terms of low budget cinematic crap? As I said before Jim Van Bebber (Deadbeat At Dawn, The Manson Family) would have been a much better choice or John Waters (Pink Flamingoes, Hairspray), Johnathan Demme (Caged Heat, Something Wild), directors like that.
    At least wait until you see them.

Their trailers are actually very good. And very funny, as well.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    I think those guys would have figured "wow a big Hollywood movie!" and have tried to make it good. Just wait. Eli Roth and Edgar Wright made awesome trailers (don't listen to DJ). Did you watch the Thanksgiving trailer I posted in my Grindhouse trailers thread? That was Eli Roth.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    edgar wrights only made less than half a dozen films and only 2 were even average budget, guess wich ones?

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    I think those guys would have figured "wow a big Hollywood movie!" and have tried to make it good. Just wait. Eli Roth and Edgar Wright made awesome trailers (don't listen to DJ). Did you watch the Thanksgiving trailer I posted in my Grindhouse trailers thread? That was Eli Roth.
    I've seen Thanksgiving and a few others, they are okay and wouldn't say they were the price of admission. It's a different kind of 'Grindhouse' to the true no budget films of old. Hobo With A Shotgun has that look, that feel. Pure cheese. Jim Van Bebber is the biggety!

Canada
    i loved the hobo with a shotgun trailer and was lucky to see it on the big screen before gindhouse. although i did find it strange that it was before the movie just like it had nothing to do with grindhouse at all.
    we keep it real gangsta down here in canada. ehh

Super Moderator

UK
    Grindhouse isn't pretending to actually be a Grindhouse film. It's more of a jumping off point to create the 'modern day glory-day-celebration film' of it.

And I thought Eli Roth captured the mood of such films perfectly.

Essentially, Grindhouse (the movie) is in honour of such films, it's almost a modern day remake of the era, kinda cramming the vibe into 3 hours, but doing it in this day and age.

Grindhouse flicks were just about roping in punters to chew on popcorn while going "gross!" or seeing a bit of sleaze, and many of the films were - you have to honest - bloody atrocious and didn't deliver what they promised. Many times you'd find a lurid poster and lurid tagline ... and then the movie itself ... well ... it just ... doesn't ... you know?

Mind you, many grindhouse flicks ...(I have a number on DVD, you can't blame me for being born in the wrong era for it, nor the wrong country for it - so f*ck anyone who might say it! )... were bloody good fun and did deliver the sleaze they promised.

Anyway, was in the cinema today and they played the Grindhouse trailer before Hot Fuzz (second viewing, wooo!) and I got all excited. I might actually even dare go to the cinema alone and be a billy no mates, just to see it on the big screen, as I really must see this flick on the silver.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie
    were bloody good fun and did deliver the sleaze they promised.
    "Grindhouse" does just that. It's just good fun. I can't even count how many times I would catch myself with a huge grin on my face when I didn't realize it. It's honestly the most fun I've ever had at the cinema. Even the second time around it was equally as fun.

I hope it is the third and fourth. I'm definitely going back.

And MZ....if you don't see this film in theater, "I'm gonna take your balls".(you'll get that one later )