Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: April Fools Day

United States

April Fools Day

I hate April Fools Day! I got caught already when I got up this morning! Dang it! I know lame thread but hubby p'd me off!!

So, how many of you got fooled today? How many of you fooled somebody and what did you do to fool them?

Super Moderator

United States
    No real pranks came my way yet, though the power did decide to go out briefly in the wee hours of the am rendering my alarm clock useless, so it felt like maybe the Powers That Be gave me a little poke this morning.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    I had a tantrum today... I'm working it off, I'll be all right. As for the Day of Fools... nothing yet, but I have my fingers in an "X" shape.

United States
    Told my 9 year old school was canceled because of a water main break.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    Told my 9 year old school was canceled because of a water main break.
    Ohhhh, Sylver...so cruel

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbieangel View Post
    I hate April Fools Day! I got caught already when I got up this morning! Dang it! I know lame thread but hubby p'd me off!!

So, how many of you got fooled today? How many of you fooled somebody and what did you do to fool them?
    My hubby fooled me by saying the internet was down cause of that virus supposedly gonna mess with our computers.
    He told me the internet was down and the feds were looking into it. Then told me to turn on my comp and it would say GOTCHA!
    All of that right when I got out of bed..c'mon I don't function until after my first cup of coffee. I was like crap..then he said "April Fools". I HATE April Fools day! lol
    I don't fool anyone so dont fool me! I should get even with him shouldn't I?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbieangel View Post
    My hubby fooled me by saying the internet was down cause of that virus supposedly gonna mess with our computers.
    He told me the internet was down and the feds were looking into it. Then told me to turn on my comp and it would say GOTCHA!
    All of that right when I got out of bed..c'mon I don't function until after my first cup of coffee. I was like crap..then he said "April Fools". I HATE April Fools day! lol
    I don't fool anyone so dont fool me! I should get even with him shouldn't I?
    A kernel of truth buried in there: a worm by the name of Conficker was expected to go nuts today, but apparently is not going to do as much damage as initially feared.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Ohhhh, Sylver...so cruel
    Wish I had a picture of the look it went from this:

To this:

Then:

Until I said "April Fools!" at which point it was:

While mine was:

Last edited by MoonSylver; 02-Apr-2009 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Excellent "smilie" usage. No fooling me today... reality can be harsh. Oh well, at least the worm wasn't bad. Snakes are worse, though.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by blind2d View Post
    Oh well, at least the worm wasn't bad. Snakes are worse, though.
    Depends on the type of worm & the type of snake...

(I suppose I have to agree with you in principal on snakes though, since when you looking for advice on your avatar I told you to use a pic of ME...)

"Snakes...why did it have to be snakes....?"

United States
    April Fool's day was always ruined for me because my mother forbade any tricks on that day. Some relative who died before I was even born died on April 1st. So in the Irish Catholic family I come from, that day was of course off for any tomfoolery. Used to make me so mad. So great uncle McNevermethim died today? Someone dies everyday.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    April Fool's day was always ruined for me because my mother forbade any tricks on that day. Some relative who died before I was even born died on April 1st. So in the Irish Catholic family I come from, that day was of course off for any tomfoolery. Used to make me so mad. So great uncle McNevermethim died today? Someone dies everyday.
    Maybe he's not really dead & has been waiting all these years to make a startling come back & yell "APRIL FOOLS!!!!"

Now wouldn't THAT be the ultimate gag?

United States
    It would indeed. I thought of that a long time ago though. No dice.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Oh well. It's really not all that great of an idea, anyway. A day to trick people? Halloween isn't good enough? The way I see it, the people who are really good at playing pranks do it any day of the year, so why let everyone do it clumsily on just one day? I don't think it makes that much sense. I do hate snakes, though. "Oh, that's just my pet snake Reggie." A likely story, Jacques.... A likely story.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by blind2d View Post
    Oh well. It's really not all that great of an idea, anyway. A day to trick people? Halloween isn't good enough? The way I see it, the people who are really good at playing pranks do it any day of the year, so why let everyone do it clumsily on just one day? I don't think it makes that much sense. I do hate snakes, though. "Oh, that's just my pet snake Reggie." A likely story, Jacques.... A likely story.
    Yeah, it's a nasty idea when you think about it. Oh lets have a day when everyone plays tricks on each other and winds each other up! What next? October Fight Day? January Rape Night?

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    What next? October Fight Day? January Rape Night?
    February Barrymore pool party day?