Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Evans City Cemetery owners are not friendly

United States

The Evans City Cemetery owners are not friendly

my fiance and i have long had adream that wecould have our wedding in the cemetery. well, her cousin called the owners and not only was it a no, it was a hell no. he was in fact very rude and took her name and said he'd press charges if anything fishy happened. i'm sure a few bad apples have prob caused trouble in there, but there is no need to be rude. so for future refrence for eveyone dont ask them for sh*t. now we need a new romero location for our wedding. any ideas?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trancelikestate View Post
    my fiance and i have long had adream that wecould have our wedding in the cemetery. well, her cousin called the owners and not only was it a no, it was a hell no. he was in fact very rude and took her name and said he'd press charges if anything fishy happened. i'm sure a few bad apples have prob caused trouble in there, but there is no need to be rude. so for future refrence for eveyone dont ask them for sh*t. now we need a new romero location for our wedding. any ideas?
    Airport from Dawn would be cool...hell, the Monroeville Mall would be excellent as well....both of these are commercial, money making enterprises, so I don't see why they would pass (especially the mall, as they seem pretty coll about any type of themed events...probably good for business/PR)

Sorry to hear about the cemetery, you're right, no need to be rude.

United States
    thats what i thought immediatly. nicole doesnt want the mall cuz she works in hot topic there, and she said some as*holes would ruin it for us. which would prob happen. maybe the airport. we'll see.

Super Moderator

United States
    thats what i thought immediatly. nicole doesnt want the mall cuz she works in hot topic there, and she said some as*holes would ruin it for us. which would prob happen. maybe the airport. we'll see.
    A hot topic gal? You da man, TLS!

If the cemetery is out and so is the mall...I'm not sure what to tell you. I think the airport lacks punch, personally...I mean for a ceremony of such importance. Is there anyway you could send a letter of request for an after hours ceremony at the mall? I mean, it really depends on how willing the management is to work with you on the matter, but I wouldn't say it's off the table till you know for certain. Doing it after hours would allow you to control who would have access and most likely keep a lid on any possible troublemakers.

Yeah, I know it's highly unlikely, but a well meaning, decently written letter commenting on your willingness to pay for any extra insurance & security for the short duration of the ceremony and that you would definitely do your best to have a few members of the local media invited to snap pics for the paper etc. so the mall gets some publicity.

Again, I know it's not a likely outcome, but you don't know till you try.

Good luck on finding the perfect location and...by the way...Congratulations on your pending nuptials, dude!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

ViP

United States
    I've got the perfect location... The Night 90 Farm House, plenty of room for a ceremony and celebration, and you'd only have to convince a private land owner to allow it, for a few dollars of course.

United States
    thats a pretty good idea axilish. i'll see what she thinks. thanks.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by axlish View Post
    I've got the perfect location... The Night 90 Farm House, plenty of room for a ceremony and celebration, and you'd only have to convince a private land owner to allow it, for a few dollars of course.
    That one occurred to me too. The storage facility used for Day might be another option...

Other than that...I dunno, I'm running dry.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    I know it seems assholish on their part, but you have to bear in mind that it is a cemetery, not just a movie set. It's the caretaker's job to ensure that the site is not "disrespected" or the sombre tone of the place is not broken. In a way I can see their point - I imagine if I went to visit the grave of a close relative who had just died, and discovered someone was holding a joyous wedding ceremony with everyone laughing and larking around just a few feet away from the grave, I wouldn't be too happy about it.

capncnut
    Oh so they're okay if a documentary crew wanna come in and film the place but they draw the line at a dream wedding? I would've told the caretaker guy to f**k right off.

Undisclosed
    i agree..have some respect, think about it before you proceed with plans for a wedding there..maybe have yourselves buried there when the time comes if it means that much to you.

ive been to Evans City Cemetery, found it a very peaceful place. I did also see the cemetery as a 'stage' and movie set at the first visit. But after the next few times up there (filming a movie)..i had nothing but respect for the cemetery and those buried there....

Last edited by Phenia Films; 04-Apr-2009 at 02:14 PM.

Christmas Island
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    That one occurred to me too. The storage facility used for Day might be another option...

Other than that...I dunno, I'm running dry.
    The beach from Day maybe. Open and generic, I know, but a last resort in case all these location owners don't agree to holding a marriage there.

ViP

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusIncredulous View Post
    The beach from Day maybe. Open and generic, I know, but a last resort in case all these location owners don't agree to holding a marriage there.
    One of the times I visited that location, there was a wedding there. Good idea!

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    You could get the service done by Priest zombie from Land...
    Or nun zombie from Dawn
    or Hare Krishna zombie if that's your thing...

seriously man, you have certainly suggested some interesting places to get married!!!!
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

United States
    There is a local cemetery here in Los Angeles, Forest Lawn, where a friend from high school had a wedding ceremony in their chapel. I remember coming out of the chapel, everyone happy, and running smack into a large group of mourners in a procession for a burial, and I instantaneously felt bad that we were having a great time in front of a group of bereaved family members.

Nothing against you, Trance, but I can understand why a cemetery would not allow the happiness of a wedding to occur in a place of mourning. That being said, what a cool venue for a wedding it would have been if you had been able to swing this.

I agree that the cemetery guy was an asshole, and needlessly so, since even if he was going to turn you down it wouldn't have cost him anything to be polite and courteous -- so fuck him, I say!

I am sure that you will be able to find a cool, GAR related site for the wedding. Maybe the former rooftop of Latent Image (the roof featured in the 107 SWAT raid - which was a vacant property not too long ago) or the "police dock" ("got any cigarettes?") location.

Congratulations to you and your fiancee, brotherman!
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    As stated before me, you do have to remember that it's a cemetery first and foremost. Although it is a "movie set" from a classic film, you've got to remember that a whole bunch of people being there for a wedding could damage the place, piss off relatives of the people buried there, or any other number of things.

Still sucks that you can't do it, though. I would try for the Mall next, if I were you.