Thread: US Release coming very soon!!!

Being Attacked

Undisclosed

US Release coming very soon!!!

Hey guys,

Good news, the US release is finally happening. I can't give the official date yet until i've had clarification, but it will be before the end of the year. Its been a long wait but I hope its worth it for you all you US zombie lovers. I'll confirm here as soon as i've had formal confirmation.

I received a copy of the German release the other week and was hilarious to see the film dubbed into German. They did a fantastic job with the tin cased 2disc special edition though I must say. So far its my favourite version as its anamorphic and in English too. Also there's a better version of the sound mix on the making of documentary.

The US release should be similar - anamorphic print with lots of extras.

Best,

Kevin
    Last edited by hydro; 14-Aug-2008 at 06:59 PM.
    Kevin Gates: Writer & Director - The Zombie Diaries

Super Moderator

United States
    Nice! I've wanted a copy of this for a while.

I'll keep my eyes open for details

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

capncnut
    Bloomin' 'eck, Kev. Cool to see you back on.

Nice to hear TZD is still out there doing the rounds, I thought it was great. Out of interest, does the German 2 disc job have anything the UK edition doesn't?

Good luck with the US release!

Super Moderator

UK
    Indeed, jolly good show. I'm glad it's finally gonna be coming out in America.

I snatched it up on a pre-order last year and quite enjoyed it.

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    Had confirmation now. November 18th for the US release via Dimension Extreme!!!

The German release has the same extras. The only difference is that the picture is anamorphically enhanced. The UK version is letterboxed 1.85:1.

For me personally its just so cool seeing my movie dubbed into a different language and released in a tin case special edition. We had a few beers and laughed our way through the dubbing I can tell you.

Its done very well in Europe and was number 1 in the dvd charts in Holland, Belgium and Luxembourg. Its strange as I didn't even know this until a week or so later when someone told me. When you get a movie released across the world it is amazing how little the film-makers know what is going on with it

I think its also doing really well in Australia too. Haven't heard about Germany yet as it was literally out a week or two ago.
    Last edited by hydro; 14-Aug-2008 at 10:03 PM.
    Kevin Gates: Writer & Director - The Zombie Diaries

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by hydro View Post

The German release has the same extras. The only difference is that the picture is anamorphically enhanced. The UK version is letterboxed 1.85:1.

For me personally its just so cool seeing my movie dubbed into a different language and released in a tin case special edition. We had a few beers and laughed our way through the dubbing I can tell you.

Its done very well in Europe and was number 1 in the dvd charts in Holland, Belgium and Luxembourg. Its strange as I didn't even know this until a week or so later when someone told me. When you get a movie released across the world it is amazing how little the film-makers know what is going on with it

I think its also doing really well in Australia too. Haven't heard about Germany yet as it was literally out a week or two ago.
    Awesome news, Kev!

As it happens, the first time I saw Dawn Of The Dead in German, I was pissing myself with laughter throughout so I totally know what you mean. "VOOOLLLEEEY!"

And yeah, you US zombites check TDZ out. I'm sure most of you wont be disappointed.

United States
    Thats great news.I've been waitting to see this movie.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by hydro View Post

...so... when's the sequel
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan