Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red Dead Revolution (or Redemption follow-up) rumours...

Super Moderator

UK

Red Dead Revolution (or Redemption follow-up) rumours...

http://www.actiontrip.com/rei/commen...ml?id=090610_2

MCV has an unofficial scoop that Rockstar is already working on a the sequel to its successful Western themed shooter, Red Dead Redemption.

"One employee of a services provider currently working on some early technical work for the game casually referred to it as Red Dead Revolution," reads the report.

We stress that this is merely a rumor and that it has not been confirmed by any official Rockstar reps at this time. On the other had, if there's a grain of truth in this, it could be that the company means to make an announcement soon. Let's just wait and see.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they are already working on a follow-up. RDR was insanely successful, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It'd be cool to see another one, and there's certainly room for improvement in a few aspects of the game, and room for exploration in that world.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I just hope it's not the further adventures of Jack. Jack was okay for his brief amount of time as the lead role, but he was no John. John was a badass.

Anyway....hopefully it's true. I would have it on day one.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    no duh really yknow? look at the gta franchise it hasn't really had any major upgrades in the last 3 or 4 games but there so popular they could get them out often and whilst i havent played this yet because im kind of burnt out with sandbox mission type games this is, right now, the new hotness that people want instead of gta so yeah, i wouldnt be surprised if they have rough ideas down for at least 4 games in a series already.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    That's funny coming from a guy with Halo listed in his recently played games. How much more can they run THAT series into the ground?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    That's funny coming from a guy with Halo listed in his recently played games. How much more can they run THAT series into the ground?
    So isn't it ironic that the new game is called "reach"?

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

Woah, way to get up on the defensive guy, i wasn't saying anything bad, I was commenting on its popularity nothing more or negative. Chill dude.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    No need to chill dude. Never got on the defense. As Darth said....just pointing out the irony of your post. You complain about it's popularity and simplistic structure......while you're playing Halo.

Halo is arguably one of the biggest franchises in the World with multiple titles that all have the same generic campaign. "Run, shoot, shoot, drive, run, shoot!"

At least rockstar's games have cursing and boobies instead of purple gay aliens.

United States
    No need to chill dude. Never got on the defense. As Darth said....just pointing out the irony of your post. You complain about it's popularity and simplistic structure......while you're playing Halo.

Halo is arguably one of the biggest franchises in the World with multiple titles that all have the same generic campaign. "Run, shoot, shoot, drive, run, shoot!"

At least rockstar's games have cursing and boobies instead of purple gay aliens.
    You're comparing apples to oranges. Rockstar games have more variety because of their gamplay structure. A third person open world game is naturally going to have more bells and whistles to play with than an action FPS. Halo was made with competitive multiplayer in mind, with balance and structure that RDR definitely lacks.

After playing the beta, I feel that Reach is going to be the best console multiplayer FPS yet.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    You're comparing apples to oranges.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Uhh, yeah, see i wasn't complaining about popularity or structure. at all. I was giving the series a complement which you have mistakenly taken as some form of opinion=a challenge statement or something and you are are reading too much into nothing because this negativity you feel you must defend against isn't in my post. i havent played the games and have nothing bad to say about them. at all. so why u mad tho?

Super Moderator

UK
    I think you've just gained too much of a reputation for bitching about games, hellsing.

Although I doubt they've got four games worth of ideas, you just can't come up with that many ideas - at best you'd have some incredibly, incredibly vague layout of "one is about this, two is about that, and three is about this" ... but beyond that, and with the scripts for these sandbox games being hundreds and hundreds of pages long, there's just not the time to write more than one game at a time.

Indeed, with the success of Redemption it was inevitable there'd be a sequel, but even still it's exciting to hear the rumours so soon.

The "Revolution" thing - if it is the case - sounds like it might be more to do with the Mexican side of things (like in the second portion of Redemption) ... or perhaps not, who knows ... but with that sort of title you might expect something generally grander when compared to the more personal story of Marston in Redemption ... so hopefully they don't forget to give us a really involving main character like they did with Marston. I think that was one of my absolute favourite things about RDR - John Marston.

Hands down, Rockstar's best script thus far.

Speaking of RDR, I've got the soundtrack running right now (ruddy good), and speaking of Rockstar - when I was on holiday last week in Edinburgh I passed the offices of Rockstar North several times.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 07-Sep-2010 at 06:53 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Make one little joke and the gaming nerds wanna burn you at the stake.

MZ - Yeah, RDR is definitely their best work yet. GTAIV was a decent storyline, but they knocked it out of the park with RDR. Also, as you mentioned, the character of John Marston. They really made a great character with that one. He's pretty much the only video game character that I've ever connected with. Great writing.

Hopefully they won't rush this new one too much....
    Last edited by bassman; 07-Sep-2010 at 07:03 PM.

Undisclosed
    No one should be worrying about Rockstar doesn't really have habits of rushing games.
    Check out my 3 min zombie short for the diary contest.
    Among the Dead
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=29079528

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CooperWasRight View Post
    No one should be worrying about Rockstar doesn't really have habits of rushing games.
    I dunno. It wasn't horrible, but Red Dead Revolver could have used some work...

Undisclosed
    I dunno. It wasn't horrible, but Red Dead Revolver could have used some work...
    Im not necessarily saying everything they make is perfect... Im just saying they are not known for rushing product.

Personally I really enjoyed RDR.
    Check out my 3 min zombie short for the diary contest.
    Among the Dead
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=29079528