Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Knight Rider images...

Administrator

England

Knight Rider images...

...some images of the press conference...

That car just doesn't do it for me

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/35036
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    wtf....a mustang instead of a trans am!?!?

Super Moderator

UK
    The original KITT looked like something special, like something you couldn't just buy at a store - now there it's just a Mustang.

Now Mustangs are cool and all, but I really don't think it's a proper fit for KITT...seems more like really blatant product placement. It doesn't look tricked out or anything, where's the red "woop woop" light thing. It's just a normal looking Mustang, I mean come on...you don't just take a car and write "Knight Rider" on it.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Don't hate on the Mustang... It is the best choice for the new Knight Rider car. Pontiac no longer makes the Trans Am, the new Camaro has none of the qualities of what the Knight Rider car should be so the Mustang is the next logical choice.

If the show is a hit this will make Mustang Sales Jump, and keep the car alive for many more years.

More pics here... http://jalopnik.com/photogallery/KIT...tRiderMustang/

KITT Has a Holgram dashboard. NICE!
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 13-Dec-2007 at 11:53 AM.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Undisclosed
    Looks cheezy but cool!

England
    I'm not seeing any Cylon style "red eye" on this new pretender.

Original is Best!

Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

capncnut
    Why are they doing this? WHY?

Super Moderator

UK
    Okay, in this pic it looks sweet:

http://jalopnik.com/photogallery/KIT...ang/1000316122

The KITT car just needs to look more badass than a normal car you can actually buy, it has to look unattainable.

Administrator

England
    They should use my car! It looks more like KITT than that new thing! Just put a cylon light on the front and we're off!!

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    KITT is an American made car... Sorry Neil. So the production was smart to use the Mustang since Pontiac had their asses handed to them by Mustang sales. I think the new KITT is awesome, and I won't hate on the show because of the car. In Knight Riders final seasons the Firebird was being all tricked out for Super Pursuit mode and it looked awful. At least the only did minor mods to the Shelby GT 500. The nice part is I bet ford will make a Shelby GT 500 KR edition and that would rock nuts. Pontiac never jumped on the shows bandwagon and offered a Replice car and they should have there was a huge demand for them.

My gripe with the new Knight Rider is the back story of the new Michael. Iraq War vet in conflict... WTF? At least the car looks to be the best thing about the show. the only other saving grace is the fact Doug Liman is a producer, and the guy directing has worked on some of the decent shows currently on TV (CSI, The Wire, Dexter, Big Love)
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    when i bought my black trans am (94, six-speed, leather, t-tops, perfect for a remake of knight rider, if i may add), i almost bought an older model like the one in the show that had been converted....that'd been pretty cool.

last i heard, though, gm is reproducing the trans am....here's a concept pic:

this'd be a great way to re-introduce the line.....and way better looking than a mustang....no offense, dj.

ViP

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    That looks sweet! I may have to reconsider purchasing the new Challenger...

United States
    very nice...but i'd go with the ta.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    It doesn't look tricked out or anything, where's the red "woop woop" light thing. It's just a normal looking Mustang, I mean come on...you don't just take a car and write "Knight Rider" on it.
    It has the red light, it is up under the air scoops. Look at the pics that were posted in the post just under yours.
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    when i bought my black trans am (94, six-speed, leather, t-tops, perfect for a remake of knight rider, if i may add), i almost bought an older model like the one in the show that had been converted....that'd been pretty cool.

last i heard, though, gm is reproducing the trans am....here's a concept pic:

this'd be a great way to re-introduce the line.....and way better looking than a mustang....no offense, dj.

I like the look of that car, but lets face facts. The only reason the challenger, camaro and firebird are making a comeback is because of the retro 2005-2007 Mustang. Ford led the pack the rest are just following.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!