Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Under the Dome" (Stephen King) TV series...

Administrator

England

"Under the Dome" (Stephen King) TV series...

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    they gotta get meatloaf for the main antagonist.

Super Moderator

United States
    This seems like it would come across too much like other stuff I've seen on tv the last few years.

you can't half-ass a Stephen King epic.
    Yeah....right.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    This seems like it would come across too much like other stuff I've seen on tv the last few years.
    i think thats probably the point, look at all the cack like the event or flash forward. Everyone wants to capture that LOST lightning in a bottle- ignorant of the fact that there have been hour long weekly sci-fi/fantasy dramas for like 25 years now and aside from lost all the ones regarded as cult series like twin peaks, buffy, firefly, the 4400 most of them get cancelled because there numbers barely stay sustainable for the most part and not enough to warrant a show to continue.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Great book, I hope they do it justice, blah blah blah. Honestly though, 'From a Buick 8' would be cooler...

Administrator

England
    Looks like it's moving forwards - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/51017
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    ...still moving ahead - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/51883
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Quote Originally Posted by blind2d View Post
    Great book, I hope they do it justice, blah blah blah. Honestly though, 'From a Buick 8' would be cooler...
    Hell yeah! I enjoyed that book...would make a good movie/mini series.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

United States
    I enjoyed the book very much, but how the hell this will work as a TV series is way beyond me. Every time King tries to do a TV series, it always seems like a major flop. Kingdom Hospital, anyone?

His mini-series stuff I like - not sure if that's what's planned for this though...and if it is, it's already an epic fail. How could you possibly touch on most of the points in the book in a mini-series?

We shall see.. my interest in piqued.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i loved kingdom hospital. then again it wasnt really king original.

dammit i really just want twin peaks season 3...

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    I enjoyed the book very much, but how the hell this will work as a TV series is way beyond me. Every time King tries to do a TV series, it always seems like a major flop. Kingdom Hospital, anyone?

His mini-series stuff I like - not sure if that's what's planned for this though...and if it is, it's already an epic fail. How could you possibly touch on most of the points in the book in a mini-series?

We shall see.. my interest in piqued.
    Depends how many episodes, and how well it's done.

4-6 1hr episodes for example should be enough don't you think to cover the book well?
    -Carl Sagan

Being Attacked

United States
    Interested to see if this actually happens and will certainly give it a look if it does. I enjoyed the book greatly, though I HATED the ending.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by mpokera View Post
    though I HATED the ending.
    Isn't that the case quite often with his material though
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Depends how many episodes, and how well it's done.

4-6 1hr episodes for example should be enough don't you think to cover the book well?
    I dunno Neil, that's a HUGE book and covers a metric shit-ton of subject matter. I think if they put Darabont in the directors chair, yeah, it'd be no problem (as long as he didn't mess with it like he did the ending of The Mist ) but I just don't know how they'll fit it all in there.

I'm certainly interested to see how they do it and will watch it if/when it does come out.

Administrator

England
    In production, due to start in June - http://seriable.com/construction-beg...tion-underway/
    -Carl Sagan