Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know if Romero is working on a new film?

Fresh Meat

Aaland

Exclamation Anyone know if Romero is working on a new film?

George has just featured in Call of the Dead, but I was wondering if anyone knew if he was developing or thinking about making a new film?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    He's said before that he would like to make two more films following the Diary/Survival characters....

Then there were also reports that he would be directing a remake of Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things. But nothing really set in stone as of now...

Chasing Prey

Canada
    if he should do anything it's make a back to back dawn/day direct remake. same story just updated and at the same places. fleshed out more

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    if he should do anything it's make a back to back dawn/day direct remake. same story just updated and at the same places. fleshed out more
    Words can not possibly describe how much of a bad idea that is....
    Last edited by bassman; 08-May-2011 at 07:00 PM. Reason: .

Chasing Prey

Canada
    oh you mean someone else fucking up his films was better?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Let them be. If they were to be remade again, considering Romero's recent track record, I would much prefer it be from someone else...

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Let them be. If they were to be remade again, considering Romero's recent track record, I would much prefer it be from someone else...

steve miner says hello

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Just because he made a poor remake that doesn't mean everyone else will. IF they were to remake Day again, in the right hands it could be okay. But my point still stands that Romero is NOT the correct pair of hands at this stage.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Words can not possibly describe how much of a bad idea that is....
    If it ever happened, I predict it would break the internet from the amount of fanboy traffic!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    oh you mean someone else fucking up his films was better?
    Probably, yes. The "Dawn" re-make is entertaining in its own way (I liked it, although I get heat from some around here for it). It's a good action zombie-flick. It entertained me.

"Day" doesn't need to be updated -- as far as age it's held up pretty damn well. John Harrison's soundtrack is VERY 80's (in all the right ways if you ask me, I freaking love it). Other than the music, I can't think of anything in the film that would set it apart as being uniquely 80's, 90's, or now. It doesn't need updating as it's perfection. Perfection shouldn't be messed with. Trying to re-make "Day" would be like trying to re-make "Star Wars" to me. Just not feasible. I don't count that, ahem, 'film', which came out a few years back which happened to use the "Day" title.

j.p.
    Last edited by JDFP; 09-May-2011 at 01:53 AM. Reason: yes
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

United States
    I think they should re-make Survival... Uuahahaaa! HA!

No it was ok but, again it was like... George stop playin! Give us some meat!

Thank God for Day and Dawn
    Last edited by jded; 09-May-2011 at 08:02 AM. Reason: botulism
    "You stick your head in the sun, they're gonna come up behind you and bite off your ass."

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    And Night. Night still kicks.

United States
    Savini's version of NIGHT was a fine film. I enjoy watching it from time to time. I think he did a great job with that movie and can't really understand why he hasn't been given more chances to direct higher budget films.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by BOBSMITH View Post
    Savini's version of NIGHT was a fine film. I enjoy watching it from time to time. I think he did a great job with that movie and can't really understand why he hasn't been given more chances to direct higher budget films.
    I might be in the minority here, but I wouldn't consider Night '90 to be a remake. It's more like an homage. A lovely homage to the classic.

The 30th Anniversary "Night" thing is just a bastardization of the film though -- worse than a re-make could possibly be. Shit, I would bet $20 (anyone with me here) that Michael Bay could make a better re-make of Night as opposed to the 30th Anniversary edition.

I'm sure Michael Bay's remake would involve exploding helicopters and lots of scantily clad women too (hey, Liv Tyler for Barbara scantily dressed - that's worth admission to me).

j.p.
    Last edited by JDFP; 11-May-2011 at 02:15 AM. Reason: yes
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JDFP View Post
    I might be in the minority here, but I wouldn't consider Night '90 to be a remake. It's more like an homage. A lovely homage to the classic.
    I would disagree with that. What about Night90 isn't a remake? It's the closest remake of them all. Hell....the thing was written by the godfather himself and follows the basic story. The other "remakes" can't claim that they followed the same story. The rest took the title and did what they wanted.

While I can understand the love for Dawn04, no remake is more universally loved over Night90...