Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crysis...

England

Crysis...

If your PC can hack it,the demo is out now!!!!!

Im downloading it now (2 hours to go,grrrrr) and will be reporting back after ive played it!been waiting a long time to play this bad boy!

Guys,your gonna love it
    Its going to take a beefy PC though,mines running it on high resolution with everything set to high & it looks totally sweet!but i tried running it on very high and it wasnt playing ball so my system has met its match
    Gameplay wise,awesome,you can totally blow the environment to bits,the nano-suit is great,and you even have legs that you can see when you look down lol!
    Last edited by Tricky; 31-Oct-2007 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Super Moderator

UK
    Ah mate I wish I had the powerrrrrr to play Crysis ... but I don't. I don't think I even meet the minimums!

Oh well, there's still HL2: Episode 3.

And a shedload of SexBox369 games.

England
    Shooting branches off trees so they take out the enemy is fun

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Shooting branches off trees so they take out the enemy is fun
    Ooh, you cheeky little monkey.

I've been boshing about on the Flat Out Ultimate Carnage demo for a couple of days now after getting OXM issue 27 (which didn't have a BioShock demo on it, unlike what hellsing had previously said - he's a cheeky monkey too).

I'll have to get next months as there's a bunch of demos I wanna try out there too - but still no BioShock...I guess I'll just have to take a blind plunge on that one in the future.

Ah mate, I wish I had the rig to do Crysis justice, but as I said, I'd struggle to get it installed, let alone running! Ahhhh anyway...it certainly looks like a pant-tentingly-good game.

United States
    I am going to try it out, see if it will run on my system... it probably won't though.
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190

England
    Dont worry about buying bioshock blind MZ,PC gamer gave it their highest score in years & they are brutally honest with their reviews!if the full game is as jitler spurtingly good as the demo its a classic!

As for Crysis,extremely mint!i was a little disappointed that my pc will 'only' run it on high & not very high though!dont tell me ive just bought a monster of a rig that already cant run new games at their best!

Super Moderator

UK
    Ah it's the torture of PC gaming my friend, the whole system requirements debacle - but it's at the hardcore edge of gaming, so feel free to raise your head skywards and close your eyes satisfied by greatness.

Mind you, FarCry wasn't as broad for the system specs and such than the likes of Doom 3 and Half-Life 2. The latter two worked on a much wider variety of machines with increased graphical detail on lower specs, whereas FarCry was a bit fussy and a bit clunky and the engine didn't run as well...so perhaps they're still in that kinda area with Crysis perhaps?

England
    Since posting that,ive read that crysis has been designed to run at its best on PC's 2-3 years in the future!so to say im running it on high at full resolution is quite good i suppose!plus i can always put another 2gb RAM in here & add another 8800GTX in SLI mode if im feeling flush in the new year

Super Moderator

UK
    So it's designed to be even better in the future is what you're saying?

I thought they were designing it so it'd run on computers that were 2 to 3 years OLD...which is where mine currently resides...on the longer end of the scale...plus a smidge more.

But I'm not meeting minimum specs. I'll save myself until I've won the lottery and can afford a new monster gaming rig.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    BioShock...I guess I'll just have to take a blind plunge on that one in the future.
    Take the plunge, old chap. The only people that hate this game or have said it's s**t all own a PS3.

Super Moderator

UK
    I'll put this on my "consideration for Xmas" list, otherwise if I don't get it for Xmas, I'll get it in the near future...but more importantly, only 7 f*ckin' days till COD4 gets released, bitches!!!

England
    Ive heard CoD4 is going to be pretty demanding on the ol' hardware as well!obviously not for you console folks though,at a cost of certain details & resolution.

Back to crysis though,you can sneak up to the guards in cloak mode,grab them by the throat,then change your suit to strength mode & throw them right out to sea or through walls etc,good fun!

Undisclosed
    Damnit that sounds amazing! No way in hell my pc will play that I tried the ut3 demo and the graphics turned crayonish..Bah Ill get the ps3 version but no luck with crysis. Any hope of them moving it towards the consoles in future?

Ultimate Carnage looks coolbut I fear another 360 exclusive and whoop for COD4 but sadly I have an exam on monday so bah, I may try and resist the temptation to leap into epic online warfare.
    Last edited by CornishCorpse; 03-Nov-2007 at 08:48 PM.
    Why arent you laughing?

England
    Like this..

he he and yes,it does look that good in motion as well

Undisclosed
    Well thanks tricky for taking the will to live from my computer
    Why arent you laughing?