Thread: Whatever Happened to the Promised L4D1 DLC?

Super Moderator

United States

Question Whatever Happened to the Promised L4D1 DLC?

Anyone know what the fate is of the aforementioned DLC for the original Left for Dead that was supposed to follow up on the heels of the Passing outlining the heroic(?) end of Bill?

Darth? Hellsing? Anybody know?

Bassman, wanna come in and bitch about DLC/Xbox Live, perhaps?

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Anyone know what the fate is of the aforementioned DLC for the original Left for Dead that was supposed to follow up on the heels of the Passing outlining the heroic(?) end of Bill?

Darth? Hellsing? Anybody know?

LOL.

I've been feverishly googling and nothing dude.

You know I spend alot of time on L4D 2 and I've been asking people on there as well and no one seems to have any insight on it either.

I was under the impression that it was supposed to follow up the passing and that came out damn near 4 months ago so I'm just as clueless as you are.

But it's good to see I'm not alone in anticipating his. If I hear anything I'll let you know.

I'm thinking it's not much of a priority and they're either working on L4D 3 (because you just know that's coming) or more DLC for the second game.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i think steam for mac happened.

Since then, and there announcement of steamworks for ps3 theyve gotten a LOT more business than expect and i imagine there havent to do some rough on the spot reworking of staff to deal with a lot of new business and getting games ready for both.

I imagine we will see it, but not for a while, theres been too much live arcade competition of late. I imagine halloween at the latest and most likely date for it.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    If that's true then it's probably gonna be a long while before we see L4D 3.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    aw what the fuck? You could've thrown MZ's name in there too! Why am I singled out?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    aw what the fuck? You could've thrown MZ's name in there too! Why am I singled out?

because we havent had a good chance for a ghostbusters/search nazi retort in a while so this had to do?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    because we havent had a good chance for a ghostbusters/search nazi retort in a while so this had to do?
    You don't have a meme for this?
    Last edited by bassman; 04-Aug-2010 at 08:24 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    You don't have a meme for this?
    i do, but its an image reaction macro that involves a particularly bad word.