Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Follow up to "Night '07"

Undisclosed

Follow up to "Night '07"

Hi all,

I've been kind of working on a follow up/sequel to "Night '07" (NOT a remake of Dawn) in between projects. There has been some potential interest around town about making one. Working on a rough idea about drug trade in one of the rescue stations. So, we'll see what the future holds!

capncnut
    YESSSS! Get up there Reese, my son. I want info when it comes!

Undisclosed
    Glad to hear your excited, don't worry I'll keep you posted. If this goes through it should be quite a funky little zombie flick

Dead

Undisclosed
    great to hear! i'm looking forward to what the future holds for this.

Undisclosed
    All of us (who are behind the idea of the project) are excited at the prospect of doing it. But its such a gamble making zombie movies now a days, there seems to be a new one every week. So it's just a matter of doing something new and interesting, and if we can think of how to solve that problem, then we'll do it.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I liked your Night remake, so I'm definitely looking forward to this.

Undisclosed
    Well, all there is right now is just a simple script outline with a tentative title "Dead". There are so many "of the Dead" titles out there that it's hard to think of a title.

So far the story focuses on a rescue station (about two months after the first movie) and how people are trying to cope inside. Money is still in use, but with virtually no economy things go into chaos. People can't afford to buy food from food shelters, so a lot of them turn to drinking and drugs, two of the cheapest vices in the station which leads to even more mayhem. Essentially its about trying to deal with another depression... with zombies.

However the biggest problem is -> is making a zombie movie right now even worth it? There are so many low to no budget zombie flicks being made, that it seems like a risky move/waste of time almost. Thoughts?

Super Moderator

UK
    I think it's worthwhile as long as you're doing something new with the genre, going in a different direction, and your basic idea you've outlined here sounds like an interesting idea, as well as it's not the very beginning of an outbreak either (there's plenty of that out there), but is a bit further in, which isn't often touched upon.

Undisclosed
    Well it should be interesting to see what comes of this, I sure wouldn't mind doing another zombie flick I suppose.

Undisclosed
    It seems as if this looks like this might actually happen, got some potential investors interested in the script treatment I wrote. So if all goes well, this will go into production sometime in the early spring. The tentative working title right now is "Dead Genesis" - I'll keep everyone posted

as a side note, if anyone is interested, this is the trailer for a flick I directed about a year ago, after suffering through post production hell it looks as if it's going to finally see the light of day http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvUf_NJvixI
    Last edited by livingdeadboy; 18-Dec-2008 at 01:47 AM.

United States
    Good luck!! Stay away from the Night of the Living dead title. That was the major downfall of your previous picture. Looking foward to seeing the next attempt!!
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    F*ck staying away from the "night" title.....I loved that flick and I think you're ready to go, man. I loved Night07 and the trailer for Drawback had me really excited.

Keep at it, man. You've got something that most others don't....

Super Moderator

UK
    Bloody good trailer there, Sir.

And good luck with the follow up to Night07, which I thought was a pretty darn good indie flick.

Undisclosed
    Thanks guys!

This flick will definitely be a MAJOR step up from Night'07.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by livingdeadboy View Post
    as a side note, if anyone is interested, this is the trailer for a flick I directed about a year ago, after suffering through post production hell it looks as if it's going to finally see the light of day http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvUf_NJvixI
    Ahhh, I've been waiting for Drawback ever since you sent me that little five minute clip that tickled my balls. Spring 09? Can't wait, man...