Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: post-apocalyptic govt...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    He has only been banned once before. A member's final ban can be the first (in the case of spammers), the second ban (if particularly egregious, or the mod thinks there is no hope), or a third ban (when an extensive outreach and two other bans didn't do the trick.

My philosophy is a warning or infraction, followed by either a second infraction or 3 day ban depending on the nature of the problem. After that it is either a 2 week vacation or permabanned depending on what I feel is necessary. Specific punishments given to specific users are confidential, however.

Spammers are permabanned immediately.

Thanks for the comprehensive explanation K. You're good at this stuff !!
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by scipio70 View Post
    you mean old parade rainer.
    Hey, don't go draining your boils on the messenger. I assume everyone else understood the very obvious "meet the old boss, same as the old boss" theme in LAND?

certainly has been interesting to hear what some of these, ahem, folks have had to say on this issue. like i said before, i'm glad i live nowhere near most of them.
    Curious how most if not all members of the He-Men Zombie-Haters Survival Club will adamantly stick by his or her family. The truth is, there is absolutely nothing special about one's family and anyone that actually walks the walk realizes that blind devotion to family is a weakness that would prove to be the greatest liability.

No worries, Scipio--you're welcome to hang with me when there's no more room in Hell. Survival at the expense of humanity is not worth living.

Undisclosed
    He has only been banned once before. A member's final ban can be the first (in the case of spammers), the second ban (if particularly egregious, or the mod thinks there is no hope), or a third ban (when an extensive outreach and two other bans didn't do the trick.

My philosophy is a warning or infraction, followed by either a second infraction or 3 day ban depending on the nature of the problem. After that it is either a 2 week vacation or permabanned depending on what I feel is necessary. Specific punishments given to specific users are confidential, however.

Spammers are permabanned immediately.

I would sure love to know how one certain person continues to spew his B/S, always has members calling him out, doesnt have a single person on here that can stand him that I know of, but continues to manage to hang around and avoid the ban hammer. Amazing!
    "I Like Your Christ, I Do Not Like Your Christians,
    Your Christians Are So Unlike Your Christ."
    ~Mohandas K. Ghandi

Super Moderator

Germany
    I am sure that person skirts the boundaries in most cases and is very bright about it. I am only one supermod of 5 plus 2 Administrators so if it is that rampant you as members should be reporting posts more than you have been.

Undisclosed
    members should be reporting posts more than you have been.
    Now why would we want to do that and miss out on the entertainment?

Undisclosed
    I think the funniest thing about this whole discussion is how Ned and Khardis both approach the whole "I will kill you and take what I want" attitude with an air of certainty that they would actually come out on top in the fight.

They speak as if it isnt even a question of WHO would win the fight, they are SOOOOO good at ahuntin and atrappin and akillin that no one would ever possibly be able to out shoot them, or out fight them.

Its so funny watching internet tough guys puff out their chests and brag to the interwebs about how "BAD" they are.

I can tell you right now, Those two wannabes would never last in redneck tennessee hill country. You'd get your little NRA asses blown off by a hick with a shotgun! New Engladers talking about guns and survival,
    ~Mohandas K. Ghandi

Banned User

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post

Is this supposed to be an argument towards what I said? Don't know what you're trying to say here. I might as well pull out a quote from the night remake. "Ya bunch of yo yo's!".
    I was partial to:

"LAME BRAINS!!!!"

That film had the most stellar writing for insults.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by dmbfanintn
    I think the funniest thing about this whole discussion is how Ned and Khardis both approach the whole "I will kill you and take what I want" attitude with an air of certainty that they would actually come out on top in the fight.
    EvilNed and Khardis aren't the only ones doing that. The anti-them crowd keeps claiming they would "win the battle" against them, as well.

We have seen how things would work. Nobody can agree, and it's all-out anarchy amongst a few types of groups and individuals:

1. Group that puts "the good of the many" (with them deciding what's "good for the many", of course) first, to the extent of squashing all individual "rights". Example is EvilNed.

2. People that simply want to survive "by any means necessary". Doesn't matter what they have to do to get what they need/want, they'll stop at nothing to obtain it. Example is Khardis.

3. Groups and individuals that perceive things in their area as "theirs" (the Flyboy mentality), and don't want to hear about the rest of the human race. As long as they have enough, everyone else can find their own supplies. Example is Wooley.

And across the board, no matter what camp or how they preach "morality", every one of these groups will simply shoot dissenters in the back of the head. Example of this is Dillinger.

And these people can not "just get along". There will be nothing but open warfare until only one group remains alive.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    EvilNed and Khardis aren't the only ones doing that. The anti-them crowd keeps claiming they would "win the battle" against them, as well.

We have seen how things would work. Nobody can agree, and it's all-out anarchy amongst a few types of groups and individuals:

1. Group that puts "the good of the many" (with them deciding what's "good for the many", of course) first, to the extent of squashing all individual "rights". Example is EvilNed.

2. People that simply want to survive "by any means necessary". Doesn't matter what they have to do to get what they need/want, they'll stop at nothing to obtain it. Example is Khardis.

3. Groups and individuals that perceive things in their area as "theirs" (the Flyboy mentality), and don't want to hear about the rest of the human race. As long as they have enough, everyone else can find their own supplies. Example is Wooley.

And across the board, no matter what camp or how they preach "morality", every one of these groups will simply shoot dissenters in the back of the head. Example of this is Dillinger.

And these people can not "just get along". There will be nothing but open warfare until only one group remains alive.
    I get what your saying, but I was more referring to the absoluteness of thier comments. Its not IF I win the fight and take your stuff, its WHEN I win the fight and take your stuff, thus my comment about them getting thier asses handed to them by them good ole TN redneck boys....(Of which I do not claim to be one, but I know plenty that would put those two posers in thier place real quick!)
    ~Mohandas K. Ghandi

Banned User

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by dmbfanintn View Post
    I get what your saying, but I was more referring to the absoluteness of thier comments. Its not IF I win the fight and take your stuff, its WHEN I win the fight and take your stuff, thus my comment about them getting thier asses handed to them by them good ole TN redneck boys....(Of which I do not claim to be one, but I know plenty that would put those two posers in thier place real quick!)
    lol, its because we accept facts, to us its going to be survive, or not survive. If I don't survive I don't need to worry about it, so for me losing wouldn't be an option.

With that abandon in such a situation, there are moral codes I don't need to worry about like you civilized, socialized types. I can do whatever must be done for me to win, even if it means poisoning your TN Hillbillies water well or food supply and letting them die without knowing why they are dying and who caused it. Capiche?

Only a fool would attack head on a fortress with only a few in his army and many in your enemies armies. As someone who will avoid civilization and destroy it if needed to get what we need, i would of course use Subterfuge, Chaos, Guerilla and covert tactics. You wouldn't even know why your gates are being damage at night or why your barns are burning or how come everyone is dying from poisoned water.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Khardis View Post
    With that abandon in such a situation, there are moral codes I don't need to worry about like you civilized, socialized types. I can do whatever must be done for me to win,
    So this means you'll be abandoning and/or killing off your family? Certainly you've accepted the fact that they would be a liability to your survival.

Quote Originally Posted by Khardis View Post
    You wouldn't even know why your gates are being damage at night or why your barns are burning or how come everyone is dying from poisoned water.
    Sure they would because you just informed everyone. Will all of your tactics be as equally 'covert'?

Banned User

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    So this means you'll be abandoning and/or killing off your family? Certainly you've accepted the fact that they would be a liability to your survival.

Sure they would because you just informed everyone. Will all of your tactics be as equally 'covert'?
    My family will be y 1 liability.

And most of my tactics would be equally covert.

Undisclosed
    Khardis I don't think sarcasm is one of your strong suits

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Ov3rlord View Post
    Khardis I don't think sarcasm is one of your strong suits
    funny, i didn't think he had any at all. is he still using the first person plural and starting all his posts off with lol?
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Undisclosed
    funny, i didn't think he had any at all. is he still using the first person plural and starting all his posts off with lol?
    First point to you sir