Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Dictator (film)

Administrator

England

The Dictator (film)

OK, the last thirty seconds of the trailer is priceless!

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Dicta...tan-28354.html
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Most of the trailer was a disappointment but you're right.....that last scene had me laughing.

I'm glad to see it's not another "trick" film.
    Last edited by bassman; 14-Dec-2011 at 01:51 PM. Reason: .

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I think he's funny, so I'll catch it. Doesn't look like a masterpiece tho.

Administrator

England
    The Dictator's Admiral General Aladeen Responds To The Death Of Kim Jong Il

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Dicta...-Il-28438.html

OFFICIAL STATEMENT FROM HIS EXCELLENCY ADMIRAL GENERAL ALADEEN - SUPREME LEADER, ALL TRIUMPHANT GENERAL AND CHIEF OPTHAMOLOGIST OF PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF WADIYA

I am saddened to learn of the passing of my dear friend Kim Jong-Il. Our thoughts go out to his wife and 813 children. “K-Jo” was a great leader, good friend and average double’s badminton partner. He died as he lived, in 3-inch lifts. An extraordinary man, he did so much to spread compassion, wisdom and uranium throughout the world.

On behalf of myself, Ahmadinejad, Chavez and Newt Gingrinch, we would like to welcome his son, Kin Jong Un into the "Axis of Evil”
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    Looks...... embarrasingly bad

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Looks...... embarrasingly bad
    I find alot of his stuff extremely hit & miss. But it is funny when it hits
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

United States
    Saw this thread pop back up today and immediately thought it was about the Great Dictator.

I agree that Cohen's style is hit and miss, but to me that speaks more of his ability to make a lot of people laugh at one point or another, and as Neil said, when he hits its usually satisfying. That said, I can only take his stuff in limited doses and have yet to see Bruno. I think the Dictator may be a bit too telegraphed with a lot of the shticks, but I'll probably still appreciate some of the stuff when I get around to checking it out.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    and have yet to see Bruno.
    Watch the first ten mins
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I thought Borat was priceless, as was Ali G. Bruno I didn't like the first time around, too much like Borat. But after rewatching it recently, and in the right company, I have to say that it's started to grow on me.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    i've been waiting on this film to come out so he can hurry up and get the queen bio pic up and running

-- -------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    I thought Borat was priceless, as was Ali G. Bruno I didn't like the first time around, too much like Borat. But after rewatching it recently, and in the right company, I have to say that it's started to grow on me.
    borat was hysterical to me. and ali g's NBA playoffs commercials were just funny as hell.

Administrator

England
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    love his previous works but really? this? i dont think theres going to be a single gag in it we havent seen before. white people being stupid and missing points and jumping to conclusions, the dictator being a jolly guy who takes mirth in mistreating his people, this is real old hat.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Saw this thread pop back up today and immediately thought it was about the Great Dictator.
    No Aces, this thread is not about Andy.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Undisclosed
    I find Cohen and Sarah Silverman as funny as a gangrenous leg. Their "schtick" isn't funny but just mean spirited and crude.