Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reason to buy a PS3?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Reason to buy a PS3?

Since i don't own anhd tv it's not going to do me any good, but if you buy a ps3 you get 5 free blu ray movies. Sony must really be getting desparate.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6173335...stnews;title;2
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Nice try Sony, all they need to do is wait until RE5 and MGS4 are available. Or make a more affordable console - graphics arent everything.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    since resi5 is coming out on the 360, adn lets face it probably the wii metal gear 4 alone is not going to sell me a console 1 was a masterpiece 2 was allright 3 ,what little i played was aweful so i dont have high hopes for it, but since 1 and 2 whent onto the gamecube and xbox i doubt konami will keep it specific anyway, in this day and age with damn near everyone i know owning a wii and a 360 or ps3 the idea of console specific games doesnt seem to work anymore.

Super Moderator

UK
    And also down to the cost of making games these days, it makes lesser and lesser financial sense to make games console specific. They've gotta pimp it out as much as they can to reap as many rewards as possible.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    since resi5 is coming out on the 360, adn lets face it probably the wii metal gear 4 alone is not going to sell me a console 1 was a masterpiece 2 was allright 3 ,what little i played was aweful so i dont have high hopes for it, but since 1 and 2 whent onto the gamecube and xbox i doubt konami will keep it specific anyway, in this day and age with damn near everyone i know owning a wii and a 360 or ps3 the idea of console specific games doesnt seem to work anymore.
    Sony really missed the boat by letting MS get a year head start on them. Because of the decline of game exclusivity that you mentioned there really isn't a reason to buy a ps3 especially considering the exorbitant price tag. The wii, i believe, was going to sell the way it does regardless because it's just so different, is marketed to a different demographic of gamers. You can't compare it to the other 2 consoles. I keep saying it. Forget all these promotins, THEY NEED A PRICE DROP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    And also down to the cost of making games these days, it makes lesser and lesser financial sense to make games console specific. They've gotta pimp it out as much as they can to reap as many rewards as possible.

It's true, making games nowdays is rivaling the cost of making a low budget movie. Many games which are actually based on good concepts and would probably be a blast to play don't even get made because the analysts don't think that they can turn much of a profit. This is why we have so many sequels instead of original franchises.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    acutally the ps3 is going to have a price drop ...eventually according to sony marketing but it'l still only have **** games so its not going to make a difference in the long run, your console could be the mutts nutz but if the games suck it aint gonna sell.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    since resi5 is coming out on the 360, adn lets face it probably the wii metal gear 4 alone is not going to sell me a console 1 was a masterpiece 2 was allright 3 ,what little i played was aweful so i dont have high hopes for it
    Metal Gear Solid 3 is widely considered to be the best in the series. Its got the best story I've ever seen in a video game, and you actually feel for the characters as you near the end. The gameplay is a bit lacking, stiff animation and wonky controls, but the atmosphere and the story really make up for it. You should give it another shot, if you have the chance. Edit: I remembered how much you liked Condemned, you should give The Darkness a shot. Its more of a first person adventure, rather than a balls out shooter. Awesome game, killer atmosphere, and some seriously unsettling sections make it one of my favorite 360 games this year.
    Last edited by CoinReturn; 29-Jun-2007 at 05:49 PM.

capncnut
    Well, I gotta say that I'm playing my PS3 a hell of a lot more than my 360 at the moment, thanks to the tweaked and updated Oblivion but it's still not worth the asking price. I have also heard that Sony have the Metal Gear Solid 4 exclusive for a couple of years so an immediate 360 release is impossible. I'm not particularly bothered about Snake but that will be a big selling point for the console.

Nowhere near as epic as Halo 3 though.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    actually i thought condemned sucked balls.

Super Moderator

UK
    But you've probably played a lot of SexBox in your time though, Capn, right?

New kid on the block syndrome I guess ... and no, not that shiite boy band.

Games are the thing for consoles really, just look at the Wii, not the greatest box out there, but it's the games that have sold over 8 million of them now. Also, yeah, the lack of exclusive titles and the late arrival have not done the PS3 any good.

I don't really have anything against the console itself, it's Sony I've had a problem with in relation to the PS3, like the way they assumed it was their market alone and they had everything so stitched up, that was a real put off for me...as well as not being a Playstation person in general too I guess.

I'll play one at a mate's, but I wouldn't really own one ... unless I won it or was given one, hehe.

Anyway, horses for courses...

United States
    lol hellsing, It must have been somebody else

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

New kid on the block syndrome I guess ... and no, not that shiite boy band.

Games are the thing for consoles really, just look at the Wii, not the greatest box out there, but it's the games that have sold over 8 million of them now. Also, yeah, the lack of exclusive titles and the late arrival have not done the PS3 any good.

I don't really have anything against the console itself, it's Sony I've had a problem with in relation to the PS3, like the way they assumed it was their market alone and they had everything so stitched up, that was a real put off for me...as well as not being a Playstation person in general too I guess.

I'll play one at a mate's, but I wouldn't really own one ... unless I won it or was given one, hehe.

Anyway, horses for courses...

Actually, i believe that it's the inovative way that you play the games and not the games themselves that are selling the wii. I'm not a big fan so the titles may elude me, but short of twighlight princess virtually every game for the wii that has ports on other consoles consistently have significantly lower ratings.

Super Moderator

UK
    Part of 'it's the games selling the system' is down to the controller itself, I took that as a given.

capncnut
    Oh, indeed. And when Mass Effect, Bioshock, Halo 3 and Alan Wake come out, I'll be playing it 24/7.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Oh, indeed. And when Mass Effect, Bioshock, Halo 3 and Alan Wake come out, I'll be playing it 24/7.
    I don't know about you guys but i like to play a game straight through before i start another one. I know that at the moment MZ is having a threesome with crackdown and GOW. However, i find that when involved in massive games like oblivion and mass effect the whole idea of playing them all sounds good but it's not practical, not if you want to experience everything the game has to offer. Most main quests last no more than 30 hours but if you throw sidequests and expansions in there it'll put you well over a hundred. Mass effect alone, which i've already reserved, sounds impossibly huge. I mean a whole freaking universe!?! Has there ever been anything comprable to that scope made before?