Thread: Lethal Weapon reboot?

Administrator

England

Lethal Weapon reboot?

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    No surprise here. I would prefer one last sequel, though...

Dying

United States

Super Moderator

UK
    They should just leave it alone in general. If they want another buddy cop movie - make another buddy cop movie - and make it an original and good one. Don't do another shoddy remake of a quality movie that's already well established in the public's psyche and hearts. It's utterly pointless. It really is.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    No surprise here. I would prefer one last sequel, though...
    No! Too long now!

They missed the boat with the last one...

At the end, an epic ending would have been if Jet Li had killed Riggs (Gibson), and then Murtaugh (Glover) had gone mental and killed Jet Li! The film, and series, comes to an end with Murtaugh (Glover) being the Lethal Weapon!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    At the end, an epic ending would have been if Jet Li had killed Riggs (Gibson), and then Murtaugh (Glover) had gone mental and killed Jet Li! The film, and series, comes to an end with Murtaugh (Glover) being the Lethal Weapon!

Nah...I prefer the actual ending in which Riggs turns into Murtaugh, becomes "too old for this shit", and starts a family. That's the perfect closure for Riggs, imo.

They could make one of these a year for all I care. They're just good fun and I've loved all four of them. After seeing Gibon in Edge of Darkness, I know he's got more action in him. It doesn't even have to be all that much action really, just get these people together and its a guaranteed fun time...

Now where the hell is that Blu Ray set with new features?!?
    Last edited by bassman; 21-Jan-2011 at 12:13 PM. Reason: .

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post

Super Moderator

United States
    Excellent, now we can have the character of Riggs portrayed as he was always meant to be...an on-the-edge Jewish cop. I'd honestly be happy with that

Do some of you guys actually really think the LW series is gold? I think some of it is well done cheese, but it's no sacred cow for me.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Do some of you guys actually really think the LW series is gold? I think some of it is well done cheese, but it's no sacred cow for me.
    The first one? Yes. The others? Meh, I can go either way with them, but as with most remakes/reboots/reinvisionings, this is completely unnecessary and will probably be as good as most other remakes (ie: complete garbage).

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I love the whole series. It's not anything revolutionary or that will be remembered for all of time, but they're damn good entertainment, imo.

The chemistry and comedy between Glover and Gibson is fantastic, the action is fun, the Clapton soundtrack is original, and the supporting characters make them all great. They're just good, fun entertainment.

As I mentioned earlier, the new LW blu ray boxed set will be a day one purchase for me.

United States
    Ehhhh, not a fan. Waiting for Road Warrior reboot myself.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Not a fan of LW4 but I enjoyed 1-3, but do admit 3 is heavy heavy velveeta.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*