Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Secure Beneath the Watchful Eyes

United States

Secure Beneath the Watchful Eyes

UK folks - is this poster legit?

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

Undisclosed
    *shivers*

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    isn't that special

Lord Howe Island

Freedom is just an illusion....

While I live in free America, freedom is only a state of mind. It may someday be that the only free people are those who go to any level to deny other any and all freedoms...

including the government....

War to the knife...the knife to the hilt.
    The end is f*cking nigh!!!

United States
    Paging Orwell...
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

Gospel Oak/Chalk Farm (around that area), Camden, London
    UK
    holy s**t!

Big Brother really is watching us....

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    news to me, still i bloody hate going to london anyway so what the hell

Administrator

England
    Doesn't bother me... The more camera's the better...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Kazakhstan
    i think that poster is fake. i've certainly never seen it, and it's not like they'd just make *one*...

but i agree with neil. who cares if the government has a grainy video of you walking down the street at 3pm? if it helps catch violent criminals, then fair play. it's not like they put cameras on your front lawn or in residential areas (apart from pretty violent areas).

Super Moderator

UK
    Must be some kinda publicity stunt or whatever...

CCTV I'm generally fine with, but it's sh*t like ID cards and national databases that goes waaaaaaay beyond the pale. Would you trust people who spent millions on telling their myriad of pencil pushers how to organise their desk and ask them whether their lunch-time banana is active or inactive, with all your information?

Such a computer would blatantly be hacked into - utter chaos and identity-related carnage would ensue, not for days, not for weeks, not for months - for years. Nothing is secure, it most definitely would be hacked - besides, they don't need that much information on us.

This gubment is all about control, they think we work for them but they completely forget the government is supposed to work for the people of the country they're supposed to be improving.

Labour ****ing sicken me beyond belief. Burn the whole lot of them so we can get this country fixed again!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    it can allways be worse, if us brits go over to america doesnt the cia take our fingerprints now and adds them to a database?

Kazakhstan
    ID cards? apart from biometric data, don't see the fuss. people already carry a passport, driving license, national insurance/social security numbers, insurance details, NHS files, national record of achievement as well as the records the education/employment systems keep. makes no difference, imho...

Super Moderator

UK
    Dude, it makes the world of difference. It really does, it's not just some average scheme, this is a movement which is being seriously persued by lawyers and Human Rights representatives. It's meeting with wide disapproval - this isn't just some ordinary old wank...

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    just one more step towards getting "THX-some random number" tatoed on our asses

England
    Sinister...reminds me of these