Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones (TV series) excitement

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    My only issue really with the series is the casting of Caitlin. The actress is fine. . .but damn if she isn't too obviously old for the part.
    I have to admit, I was expecting some boring etherial model-type for the role of Catelyn, mostly because that sort of casting is pretty standard for Fantasy TV.

But Michelle Fairley's Catelyn looks like someone that's had 5 kids, but is still quite youthful and fetching. Plus she's great in the role. That's more important than looking like fan art, y'know?
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

United States
    Yeah, but Caitlin was supposed to be quite a beauty in her day. . .I don't really get that feeling about Michelle Fairey. But like I said. . her acting was fine. . . And I really don't care for Caitlin as a character anyways. . .so no real loss.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Scotland
    Yay Hordor! You can see him in the lineup when the King arrives!

Watched it twice now, damn good start with only a couple issues.

Hurry up and watch it Neil so we can discuss!

United States
    Ohhhh. . .I like the banner and the Greyjoy quote there. I always liked their house motto. . . "We Do Not Sow" Did you ever get a Chthulu feeling from that religion?
    Last edited by clanglee; 20-Apr-2011 at 08:21 PM. Reason: rtrr

Administrator

England
    I only managed to sort of half watch it so...?

Who was the queen shagging at the end? Was that her brother?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Yes indeed, Neil.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I only managed to sort of half watch it so...?

Who was the queen shagging at the end? Was that her brother?
    Yeah dude. . . .that was indeed.

And half-watch? Trust me man. . if you have not read the books, you will need to follow it a bit closer than that. there are a LOT of characters and a LOT of seperate plots to keep up with.

Administrator

England
    Yeah dude. . . .that was indeed.

And half-watch? Trust me man. . if you have not read the books, you will need to follow it a bit closer than that. there are a LOT of characters and a LOT of seperate plots to keep up with.
    No... I just wasn't sure if I'd missed something RE that relationship, hence had to double check... And ewwwww!

Wasn't as impressed as I hoped I was going to be... But I'll give it a few more episodes happily!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Scotland
    Ohhhh. . .I like the banner and the Greyjoy quote there. I always liked their house motto. . . "We Do Not Sow" Did you ever get a Chthulu feeling from that religion?
    I do indeed, ther sigil is a big ass Kraken after all

Since you watched it now Neil I can mention the part I'm not too happy about:

Near the end when Drogo and Daenerys consumate the wedding, it seemed awfuly forced where in the book Drogo was actually tender to her, spending most of the time exploring her body.
    Last edited by LoSTBoY; 21-Apr-2011 at 10:40 AM. Reason: fail

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LoSTBoY View Post

Near the end when Drogo and Daenerys consumate the wedding, it seemed awfuly forced where in the book Drogo was actually tender to her, spending most of the time exploring her body.
    That bugged me a bit as well. . . .it seemed like they kinda cut it to make it look more forced. . . they may be going with a different dynamic between those two in the show.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by LoSTBoY View Post

Odd you say that, because that's the way I was expecting the scene to play out? (I've not read the book)
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Well just finished watching episode 2 and again it was very enjoyable, the plot is definitely thickening between all the characters & plots! I wont say too much for now in case people are watching it later

United States

England
    That was a great bit that dwarf is an arrogant arse but he's also awesome

United States
    Joffrey had it coming.

That and so much more.

Joffrey's a spoiled little shit - he's like Draco Malfoy without the warmth.
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.