Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Friday the 13th: The Game... (video game)

Super Moderator

UK

Friday the 13th: The Game... (video game)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amhP0FJiwhc

Kane Hodder is back as Jason (doing motion capture), Tom Savini has been involved, and Harry Manfredini is on music duties.

I wonder if there'll be a single player element to this game, because I'm not into online multiplayer personally.

Looks like fun, though!

Ireland
    Looks shite

I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I played the Beta.

Great idea. Poor execution.

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Looks shite

I had the Commodore 64 version:

Attached Images

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    I played the Beta.

Great idea. Poor execution.
    I'd hope they would fix many things, being that that was a Beta you played. It'll never be polished up like a typical AAA title from a big hitter Rockstar or Infinity Ward. I think it's made by a smaller/indie outfit.

I saw some earlier videos (from the Beta) and there were numerous broken things or clumsy things (I was surprised they even put the footage out there, or left certain bits in). Hopefully those have been sorted out.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 11-Mar-2017 at 04:28 PM.

Administrator

England
    Clever... But I got bored of it just from the trailer!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I'd hope they would fix many things, being that that was a Beta you played. It'll never be polished up like a typical AAA title from a big hitter Rockstar or Infinity Ward. I think it's made by a smaller/indie outfit.

I saw some earlier videos (from the Beta) and there were numerous broken things or clumsy things (I was surprised they even put the footage out there, or left certain bits in). Hopefully those have been sorted out.
    Quite right, the clumsiness of the beta might very well be sorted.

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    I had the Commodore 64 version:
    I was a Speccy boy. Remember trying to play 'Friday the 13th' as a kid, but had no manual. I hadn't a clue what I was doing in the game at all. LOL. In those days kids traded tapes with each other that had loads of games on them, so part of the "fun" was trying to figure out what the hell it was that you had to do.

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    I was a Speccy boy. Remember trying to play 'Friday the 13th' as a kid, but had no manual. I hadn't a clue what I was doing in the game at all. LOL. In those days kids traded tapes with each other that had loads of games on them, so part of the "fun" was trying to figure out what the hell it was that you had to do.
    I had both Sinclair and Commodore. First had a Spectrum 48K -my first personal computer ever- and later on I sold it and bought a 128K. Copying Spectrum programs was so easy, all you needed was a dual cassette player/recorder deck. I "pirated" a ton of programs for it that way. The C64 relied more on floppy disks as its media, so "pirating" its programs could sometimes get very complicated due to the mean copy protection schemes some of the software companies would come up with. For example, I could never finish Datasoft's Conan: Hall of Volta game for the C64 since every damn pirated copy of it had the later levels damaged due to its tough copy protection. I had to finish the game by playing the Atari 400/800 version, which did not have the tough copy protection of the C64 version.
    Last edited by JDP; 13-Mar-2017 at 10:07 AM. Reason: ;

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    I had both Sinclair and Commodore. First had a Spectrum 48K -my first personal computer ever- and later on I sold it and bought a 128K. Copying Spectrum programs was so easy, all you needed was a dual cassette player/recorder deck. I "pirated" a ton of programs for it that way. The C64 relied more on floppy disks as its media, so "pirating" its programs could sometimes get very complicated due to the mean copy protection schemes some of the software companies would come up with. For example, I could never finish Datasoft's Conan: Hall of Volta game for the C64 since every damn pirated copy of it had the later levels damaged due to its tough copy protection. I had to finish the game by playing the Atari 400/800 version, which did not have the tough copy protection of the C64 version.
    Yeh, we used to just copy tape to tape. Sometimes it didn't work, but most of the time it was fine.

They later came up with some copyright protection and copying became harder to do that way, but you could send away for a gadget that allowed you to copy games to your hearts content.

A buddy of mine had this and he was tormented by all the other speccy owning kids asking to borrow it. Poor guy.

United States
    like mz, i am interested in this game if it has a strong single-player element to it. the older i get and the more responsibilities i take on, the less time i have for online gaming and all the antics you generally encounter with random folks online.

that said, this doesn't look like it's worth a full retail price of 60 bucks, so i will wait for reviews and impressions and the inevitable price drop (probably 20 bones is the most i'd be comfortable spending on it) before i make a decision.

in the interim, i recently picked a copy of the nes friday the 13th up, and have never made it very far in that game. gonna have to get around to beating it one of these years.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    that said, this doesn't look like it's worth a full retail price of 60 bucks, so i will wait for reviews and impressions and the inevitable price drop (probably 20 bones is the most i'd be comfortable spending on it) before i make a decision.

in the interim, i recently picked a copy of the nes friday the 13th up, and have never made it very far in that game. gonna have to get around to beating it one of these years.
    1) Yeah, that's what I'll be doing. I really hope it turns out well - and has a good single player option, too!

2)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1raUvGNbZFg

Last edited by MinionZombie; 13-Mar-2017 at 05:49 PM.

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tgdZkuBgSs

New trailer, looking a bit more polished ... bear trap moment aside.

Still wondering if this has a single player option or not. I don't have XBLive, nor do I have any particular interest in online multiplayer in general ... but I do fancy stalking around classic F13th locations as Jason.

EDIT:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/fr.../1100-6449529/

It was announced today that Friday the 13th: The Game will debut on May 26 for PS4, Xbox One, and PC as a digital game priced at $40.

At launch, only multiplayer will be available. The 1v7 asymmetric multiplayer game sees seven camp counselors trying to survive against one person playing as the masked killer Jason Voorhees. There are three maps, including Camp Crystal Lake, Higgins Haven, and Packanack Lodge.

Friday the 13th: The Game's single-player mode will be added as a free update this summer.
    Hopefully they'll release it later on as a physical copy with single player out of the box.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 22-Apr-2017 at 11:24 AM.

United States
    I never liked the movies so I doubt I will like the game. The slasher genre is like the walmart brand of horror genres it's all about quantity over quality.
    Just a zombie girl on a Saturday night. <3