Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead - Comic Book Series Discussion (**SPOILERS**)

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Well, three weeks after popping my "The Walking Dead cherry" (and in truth comic book cherry) I have now read all of the twelve volumes currently on sale. All i will add is that I cant wait for volume thirteen!!!
    If Goonies never die are they all Zombies??!!

United States
    I've been re-reading the entire series the past few weeks to sort of "prep" for the show next month and I noticed something I didn't catch the first time I read through everything. Now, this may be only my imagination, but does anyone else think that Rick and Andrea could end up as a couple?

Ever since the "Fear the Hunters" storyline, Rick has been talking with her a lot more, and the first to console her when things went bad for her. She has also opened up to him about things, herself. After the gang gets to Alexandria, Andrea (and Morgan) have been staying in the same house as Rick and Carl. Speaking of Carl, he has already told his dad how he wants Andrea to stay in the house with them, as opposed to getting her own place now that the expansion of the town is being completed.

Now, again, maybe its just me, but can any of you see Rick and Andrea as a couple? Was Carls line about his wanting her to stay a possible hint of things to come? What do you think?

Canada
    reAD the whole series via ecomics and man what a series.Some part were slow and dry.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by sandrock74 View Post
    I've been re-reading the entire series the past few weeks to sort of "prep" for the show next month and I noticed something I didn't catch the first time I read through everything. Now, this may be only my imagination, but does anyone else think that Rick and Andrea could end up as a couple?

Ever since the "Fear the Hunters" storyline, Rick has been talking with her a lot more, and the first to console her when things went bad for her. She has also opened up to him about things, herself. After the gang gets to Alexandria, Andrea (and Morgan) have been staying in the same house as Rick and Carl. Speaking of Carl, he has already told his dad how he wants Andrea to stay in the house with them, as opposed to getting her own place now that the expansion of the town is being completed.

Now, again, maybe its just me, but can any of you see Rick and Andrea as a couple? Was Carls line about his wanting her to stay a possible hint of things to come? What do you think?
    It's possible. I think that Andrea could easily take over leadership of the group if Rick ever bites it. I never really try to guess what is going to happen next on that series. . . .I'm usually wrong.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    anyone else read 77 yet? honestly, kind of lame. the big cliffhanger is resolved in 2 pages and there rest is at least 5 cliche' plot points in quick succession. it looks like kirkmans setting up a finale to the arc blending fear the hunters with the god aweful prison vs the governor arc which was the lowest point in the entire run and the only point where i dropped the series and had to buy back issues to catch up.

United States
    I thought issue 77 was a fun read. Two characters get whacked (which, I personally didn't see coming) and we learn that the "town" is about to have some company soon!

Bring on "No Way Out"!

Undisclosed
    Issue 78 was pretty cool. Pretty lackluster. I think Kirkman took the criticism about the Governor a little too serous, as the last few groups of bad dudes have

Died too easily.

United States
    I finally got to the comic book store and emptied out my bin, so I got to read issue 78. Holy cow, the "big fight" with the nameless gang was sure anti-climactic! I guess the prison arc spoiled me for intense action and long(er) battles. I hope Kirkman isn't taking some fans critisisms of the Governor too serious. This is a comic book series after all!

England
    Quote Originally Posted by sandrock74 View Post
    I finally got to the comic book store and emptied out my bin, so I got to read issue 78. Holy cow, the "big fight" with the nameless gang was sure anti-climactic! I guess the prison arc spoiled me for intense action and long(er) battles. I hope Kirkman isn't taking some fans critisisms of the Governor too serious. This is a comic book series after all!
    After reading #79 I think it's safe to say the shits about to hit the fan again in #80
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    After reading #79 I think it's safe to say the shits about to hit the fan again in #80
    word to your mother !

Interesting thing kirkman stated he has up to issue 150 already planned and rick might not make it.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by general tbag View Post
    word to your mother !

Interesting thing kirkman stated he has up to issue 150 already planned and rick might not make it.
    Maybe he'll kill off Rick and Carl will take over as the main character
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    I just read issue 79 today and it looks like we will finally get to see a legit horde of zombies in the "No Way Out" storyline! It appears that Andrea may be the only (reasonably) safe character, being up in the bell tower, as opposed to being trapped in the city.

What if she were to end up the lone survivor at the conclusion of No Way Out??

Aaland
    Any one check out issue 80 yet? i want to see how Amy is going to get out of the tower. Also what comes out of the love triangle with Abraham.

Dying

United States
    Looks like its about to go down.

And I've been waiting for Rick to get down on it with that chick for a while, even before her husbands death. I feel like Carl and the other kid are gonna have a feud ending with one of them shot, or dead.

Aaland
    Looks like Morgan became lunch! I don't care either way, in my own opinion i never really dug his character.
    Also "THE ZOMBIES ARE IN THE WIRE!, I REPEAT THE ZOMBIES ARE IN THE WIRE!" lets see how they manage that one in issue #82.