Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you could interview Romero…

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed

If you could interview Romero…

…what would you ask him?

I've been asked to engage in a round table interview with Romero in 2 days time. While I enjoy my horror movies, I wouldn't admit to having an in depth knowledge of all his work and I'm pretty nervous about that coming across in the interview.

Basically, I'm not a film maker, nor am I a journalist. I don't know the actors names or the names of anyone else associated with his movies for that matter (except for what I've read on this site). I'm just a guy who likes the odd zombie flick and happened to be in the right place at the right time.

I thought that instead of sounding like a hack, it would be better to get his truly dedicated fans to contribute some questions that they've always wanted answered. In return I'll post the transcribed interview on here for all to enjoy.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to take the easy way out. I'm going to be busy researching some questions of my own. I just want to cover my bases.

Cheers in advance.
    Mexi

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I'm pretty interested on what his take on Zombie 2 is, and the whole italian zombie wave that followed.

Banned User

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Mexi View Post
    …what would you ask him?

I've been asked to engage in a round table interview with Romero in 2 days time. While I enjoy my horror movies, I wouldn't admit to having an in depth knowledge of all his work and I'm pretty nervous about that coming across in the interview.

Basically, I'm not a film maker, nor am I a journalist. I don't know the actors names or the names of anyone else associated with his movies for that matter (except for what I've read on this site). I'm just a guy who likes the odd zombie flick and happened to be in the right place at the right time.

I thought that instead of sounding like a hack, it would be better to get his truly dedicated fans to contribute some questions that they've always wanted answered. In return I'll post the transcribed interview on here for all to enjoy.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to take the easy way out. I'm going to be busy researching some questions of my own. I just want to cover my bases.

Cheers in advance.
    Mexi
    Find a way to respectfully ask him why he insists on making his films so overtly political now instead of just making a good spooky flick.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Khardis View Post
    Find a way to respectfully ask him why he insists on making his films so overtly political now instead of just making a good spooky flick.
    He's been asked this multiple times already. Can't guess what his reply will be?

United States
    Ask him whether Day comes before Land or after.

No, no... just kidding. As much as that might settle debates around here it isn't worth offending the man.

A real question - is there any thought to installments of the Dead series that would occur after the events in Land? Or is Land meant to be the logical endpoint of the zombie outbreak? That is, we've seen a kind of peace form between Riley and Big Daddy. Does that signify an end to the conflict between the living and the dead? Or is that just an isolated incident not indicative of events throughout the world.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    i'd ask if he'd film a revisited or updated dawn with the same faithful storyline.

i'd ask if he has any bad feelings towards rubenstein for taking his whole franchise unwillingly

then i'd ask if there were any plans for a quadrilogy of games for playstation 2 for his "dead" series involving rockstar games.

i'd then go on to ask if simon pegg,edgar wright himself have mentioned possibly writing a zombie film

then i'd ask for a bit part in his next movie with a gory kill
    Last edited by acealive1; 23-Jul-2008 at 07:45 PM.

Dead

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    i'd ask if he'd film a revisited or updated dawn with the same faithful storyline.

i'd ask if he has any bad feelings towards rubenstein for taking his whole franchise unwillingly

then i'd ask if there were any plans for a quadrilogy of games for playstation 2 for his "dead" series involving rockstar games.

i'd then go on to ask if simon pegg,edgar wright himself have mentioned possibly writing a zombie film

then i'd ask for a bit part in his next movie with a gory kill

Don't think I'd get satisfactory answers to what I'd ask, like why the hell he made Dairy in the first place or why he didn't take advantage of the golden goose by writing a better script for Land. So, I'd probably ask if he ever had a piece of Gaylen Ross or Lori Cardille.

Undisclosed
    Some of you will remember my many adventures with George. Those of you that don't....well lets just say it is a different kind of relationship...I would ask him why he always kicks me in my balls when I ask him a zombie question.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Thanks for your help guys. The interview is actually in the morning so I'll see how I go.
    Cheers.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by jim102016 View Post
    Don't think I'd get satisfactory answers to what I'd ask,

So, I'd probably ask if he ever had a piece of Gaylen Ross or Lori Cardille.
    And you'd expect that much more of a satisfactory answer to that question?

Since everyone apparently keeps tabs on where Romero eats, sleeps and craps, nobody thought to ask Mexi if the interview is actually taking place in Melbourne as his his profile suggests? duh duh duh

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    mcdonalds or burger king.

hard hitting, and rich.

Dead

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    And you'd expect that much more of a satisfactory answer to that question?

Since everyone apparently keeps tabs on where Romero eats, sleeps and craps, nobody thought to ask Mexi if the interview is actually taking place in Melbourne as his his profile suggests? duh duh duh
    I wouldn't expect a satisfactory answer to any question I might ask, that was my point. He's obviously wired different than many of his most dedicated fans (i.e. many of us who haven't been completely satisfied with his recent endeavors). With that said, I'd still go a little out of my way to meet the man and shake his hand.

United States
    I agree with Jim. I'd love to shake the man's hand. I'd love to express my appreciation for the Dead series. I'd love to listen to his ruminations. But in all honesty I wouldn't expect a useful answer to any of the questions I'd really like answered. Specifically anything dealing with the content of the movies. Nor would I ask.

I've listened to the man give interviews for a lot of years. He doesn't like questions that are overly specific or content related. He doesn't like questions concerning realism. That's not where he focuses when he's making the movies and that's not what he wants to talk about after the fact.

Trying to get clarification about specific events or points from the movies just tends to make matters worse. Just look at the whole timeline and universe debate. Romero has made precious few comments on the subject and those weren't well thought out or definitive and yet the fan base has taken those comments and created gospel around them. Divisive gospel depending on interpretation. His comments have made the debate worse, not better.
    Last edited by Trin; 25-Jul-2008 at 03:37 PM.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    I want to know what how he feel Knightriders compares to Diary in terms of political tones? ie: selling out compared to selling everything....does George see materialism as the human condition? If not, what is the human condition in his eyes??

Undisclosed
    Being he cancelled his appearance at Motor City Nightmares, I would like to know if he still plans to be at Spooky Empire in Orlando in October.