Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sony releases financial reports...

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Sony releases financial reports...

PS3 maker's game division posts $914 million loss for the first three months of 2007--and more than twice that for the full fiscal year.
    Full story here... http://www.gamespot.com/news/6170827...ewstop;title;1

Super Moderator

UK
    I was hearing this over on ActionTrip and folk were saying how that companies make piss all on the hardware, in fact they make a loss (so Sony will be making a bigger loss than anyone else, haha!) - but it's software that makes the money, and as PS3 have no decent exclusives, nor many decent titles anyway, then they're a bit f*cked right now ... especially as you can find basically all the games on SexBox, except that Motorstorm thing (I'd prefer "Dirt" that's coming soon anyway, should be more fun, rather than constantly crashing) and Resistance: FOM...but if you've got Gears of War, who needs it?

Anyway, I'm just sitting here rubbing my balls and twiddling my thumbs waiting for my SexBox369 to turn up, ah mate, I can't wait to start flicking my bea...er...analogue twiddly things.

United States

Sony, no baloney, macaroni & cheese...

Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I was hearing this over on ActionTrip and folk were saying how that companies make piss all on the hardware, in fact they make a loss (so Sony will be making a bigger loss than anyone else, haha!) - but it's software that makes the money, and as PS3 have no decent exclusives, nor many decent titles anyway, then they're a bit f*cked right now ... especially as you can find basically all the games on SexBox, except that Motorstorm thing (I'd prefer "Dirt" that's coming soon anyway, should be more fun, rather than constantly crashing) and Resistance: FOM...but if you've got Gears of War, who needs it?

Anyway, I'm just sitting here rubbing my balls and twiddling my thumbs waiting for my SexBox369 to turn up, ah mate, I can't wait to start flicking my bea...er...analogue twiddly things.
    MZ hey man I have liked Sony workmanship my whole life.They have made some of the most important breakthroughs in quality.
    The only thing that miffed me was that the older ps2 would crash during San Andreas , & that was when it was running about 30 clients at one time.
    I have a slimline ps 2 now & have no complaints whatsoever.I am not brand committed unless I am pleased with the performance.For my taste in gaming, I am thoroughly pleased with the ps2.To each their own in the gaming world.
    The key for me is the controller, it is by far (in my opinion) a better more comfortable design than the 360.However, since Half life 2 is coming out on the 360, I will be purchasing one in the nearest future.
    For me, it is a combination of features that draw me to a particular platform.
    "Goodbye , I am gone."

United States
    I converted to miscrosoft. so it doesnt matter

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    yesss...jooooin ussssss.....

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    yesss...jooooin ussssss.....
    I'm currently joining ... ach, waiting for it to be dispatched is drivin' me nuts!

And how come Dead Rising, which I ordered at the exact same time as PGR3 and a second controller, was dispatched 2 days after the latter two?! Weirdness ... and annoying...I'm so impatient.

Ah mate...my balls are smooth as marble right about now I've been rubbing them for the SexBox for so long.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    gross, anyway-

everyone i know who bought one is now regretting it, that or they cant take all the "oh so its like a goerge foreman grill" joeks

United States
    you probably could cook a fat free piece of meat in a ps3 if you messed around with it enough

Super Moderator

UK
    Don't say sh*t like that to me! Geeeeez...lemme be happy already!

I'll aim my desk fan at it to keep it cool, but I doubt I'll manage more than 4 hours a day at most spread across the whole day...more at first, less in a couple of weeks when the novelty has worn off...also, don't move it when there's a disc inside apparently...I'll handle it with cushions, like I do all new tech that I get.

Still, the fact you can get a 360 and a Wii for less than a single Pee3 is the retort of choice for the Foreman thing, which I'd not heard before anyway, haha. 10 and a half million sales is pretty tasty too.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by DVW5150 View Post
    The key for me is the controller, it is by far (in my opinion) a better more comfortable design than the 360.
    Oooh, completely disagree there Darrel. The 360 controller is far superior with curves that sit perfect in my hands. It's like squeezing a pretty little white titty.
    Last edited by capncnut; 18-May-2007 at 06:46 PM.

Super Moderator

UK
    It's like squeezing a pretty little white titty.
    Methinks my extra controller will arrive before the console itself ... methinks I'll be squeezing the SexBox's titty all weekend. HA!

I remember the joypad that came with the original Xbox was HUGE, so that was a bit b'ave, the smaller knock-off versions were more suitable. I've rarely found a joypad that's ideal, so I look forward to feeling up the SexBox's.

Also - here's a question, does the SexBox have one of those clip things you push the disc onto (inside the hole to hold it), or is it just like a disc tray in a normal PC ... if it's the latter, how do you put a disc in and get it out properly when it's standing vertically ... how's that supposed to work?

United States
    Its a disk tray like on a PC. I have mine vertical, have since launch back in '05. Somehow the disk defies physics and stays in the slot.

Edit: and here are April's sales numbers for the USA:

Nintendo DS 471k
    Wii 360k
    PlayStation 2 194k
    PlayStation Portable 183k
    Xbox 360 174k
    Game Boy Advance 84k
    PlayStation 3 82k
    GameCube 13k

GameBoy Advance is a dead system. There are like 4 games coming out for it this year, yet its selling more than the PS3. And holy **** at Nintendo. Last gens big loser is this gens big winner. I still don't have a DS...
    Last edited by CoinReturn; 18-May-2007 at 08:31 PM.

Super Moderator

UK
    lol, it's mental isn't it that the GBA is selling more, and the PS2 is still doing rather well, even though there's barely sh*t-all games coming out for it anymore...

I saw a video of the disc tray online and indeed - just like on a PC, and yet loading it vertically it defies gravity ... bloody weird that.

Ah mate, I can't wait to diddle those analogues.

capncnut
    What I love about the 360 is that the disc tray opens and closes with a press of the controller. Yes, other than inserting the disc, you never have to reach over to the system unnecessarily ever again.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    What I love about the 360 is that the disc tray opens and closes with a press of the controller. Yes, other than inserting the disc, you never have to reach over to the system unnecessarily ever again.
    You lazy wank.

Good news, PGR3, Dead Rising and the spare controller turned up this morning (Dead Rising arrived in under 24 hours from being dispatched, which is bloody impressive)...just tapping my index finger against the mouse waiting for the console itself to be shipped, ah mate, I've got the blue balls for the SexBox, hahaha!

At least I can pretend to play using the spare joypad, get my fingers used to the buttons.

I love the fact that Dead Rising has something like 'compatible with family friendly control' or whatever written on the back of it ... how on earth can you make that game family friendly?! Also, the BBFC advisory of "strong bloody violence" makes me wet.