Thread: Commodore to make a comeback?

Administrator

England

Commodore to make a comeback?

Commodore Gaming announced that CeBIT 2007 will see the launch of a new breed of gaming PC as the legendary Commodore brand returns to the world of computer and video games hardware with the highest specifications available for gamers.

Bala Keilman, CEO for Commodore Gaming, commented 25 years ago, Commodore launched the best selling personal computer of the late 20th Century, the C64, and defined the early computer games experience for millions of people worldwide. We are privileged and excited to bring the Commodore brand back to the gaming community and mark a new chapter in its history with this exceptional machine. We're sure that it will deliver what gamers need and want.

The new range of optimised Gaming PCs will be launched at the CeBIT show in Hannover, Germany, on 15th March, offering people the chance to play the high performance purpose-built machines with the latest PC games.

Commodore Gaming will be making further announcements at the launch, and the company promises there are some very exciting aspects of the product still to be revealed. Browse through our images gallery which will offer further clues to what you can expect from the Commodore brand in the future.

capncnut
    Well holy s**t!

United Kingdom
    the good old days

Kazakhstan
    THE COMMODORE STRIKES BACK
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

United States
    I still have my Commodore 128 with built in drive.
    I need to see if it works and get this up on eBay.

Administrator

England
    In reality all they are actually doing is selling PCs with a name on

What a cop out!

An insult to the brand name!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Banned User

Undisclosed
    The Commodore use to have some sweet games on it. I remember rocking out to Parsec and Tombstone Territory.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by _liam_ View Post
    I have a box similar to that. I bought mine way back in the 80's and got Hunchback thrown in with it. Damn Leesham, you must have been a blob of spunk when that came out - high five for the revival!

Just looking at the printer on the box, damn I don't remember those funky mofo's.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    I bought mine way back in the 80's and got Hunchback thrown in with it.

That title rings a bell!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    I just saw the commodorepc.com website (or whatever it is) and these are nothing but high-end PC's (if you wanna call something with an Intel chip "high end"... ) with the Commodore name slapped on 'em.

Relax, the Intel swipe was a joke (sort of).

I do, however, like the fact that they're using GeForce 8800 GTX cards - TWO OF THEM - in SLI.

Other than that, this was a lotta hype for nothin', really. Alienware has been making pc's like this for years - and they have that wicked alien head logo whoes eyes light up when the PC is on - how the f*ck can Commodore compete with that?

LC

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    That title rings a bell!
    I hope this jogs yer memory.

Hunchback was one of the best platformers back in the day, not as good as Ghosts 'N' Goblins though.

Administrator

England
    I remember it now!!
    -Carl Sagan