Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Huh? OK prints Jade tribute before her death

capncnut

Huh? OK prints Jade tribute before her death

OK magazine are gearing up to print a Jade Goody tribute issue before she has even passed away. Issue 666 () of the magazine will have the heading '1981-2009' and will say on the cover 'Her Final words: "I will come back from heaven to look after my boys."'

I know she is in the last stages of the disease (she is near blind and sleeping for three quarters of the day) but what if she makes a God-like miraculous recovery? Shouldn't the tribute magazine come out after her death, talk about jumping the gun.

Click for article.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    OK magazine are gearing up to print a Jade Goody tribute issue before she has even passed away. Issue 666 () of the magazine will have the heading '1981-2009' and will say on the cover 'Her Final words: "I will come back from heaven to look after my boys."'

I know she is in the last stages of the disease (she is near blind and sleeping for three quarters of the day) but what if she makes a God-like miraculous recovery? Shouldn't the tribute magazine come out after her death, talk about jumping the gun.

Click for article.
    Fucking sleb mags. I hate the slebs, I hate the sleb media, I hate their cretinous readers. I hate everything about celebrity culture and wish the whole thing would just go away.
    Last edited by krakenslayer; 18-Mar-2009 at 02:15 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    oh man ive seen those "tributes to the life and achievements of jade goody", now i wouldn't wish cancer on anyone who wasn't hitler level pure evil, but honestly, what achievements? she was famous for being an uneducated simpleton for christs sake, she achieved nothing save the irony of bieng 'remembered" by the same magazines that spent the past 5 years taking the piss out of her

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    Fucking sleb mags. I hate the slebs, I hate the sleb media, I hate their cretinous readers. I hate everything about celebrity culture and wish the whole thing would just go away.
    Meh. I don't mind it so much as all that, but it should definitely not be something that so many seemingly care so very much about.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    she was famous for being an uneducated simpleton for christs sake, she achieved nothing save the irony of bieng 'remembered" by the same magazines that spent the past 5 years taking the piss out of her
    That's one phrase I've never understood. What the heck does it mean? Is it meant to compare the emotional/mental/psychological discomfort of being mocked or ridiculed to the physical discomfort of urinary catheterization?
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    That's one phrase I've never understood. What the heck does it mean? Is it meant to compare the emotional/mental/psychological discomfort of being mocked or ridiculed to the physical discomfort of urinary catheterization?
    LOL!

It's just another weird curse that doesn't actually make sense, like "fuck off" or "screw up". In usage, yeah it means to ridicule or make fun of.

Undisclosed
    I honestly do not know who she is. Is she well known over in Europe?

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    I honestly do not know who she is. Is she well known over in Europe?
    She was the token stupid one on the second or third UK Big Brother. She became notorious for her idiotic gaffes ("Where's East Angular?", "What's sparagus?") and embarrassing attention-seeking behaviour. The media latched on to her and, although she doesn't actually do anything, from about summer 2002 until the present day, she's appeared in the gutter press at least once or twice a month.

Administrator

England

Click for article.
    I don't get it. She's a shallow and basically stupid person, propelled into being a celebrity because some people are facinated by her shallow and stupid personality.... Now she's got cancer she's a martyr?

And now the fortune amassed by her stupity, will no doubt end up in the hands of her scum bag husband - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celebri...007#Jack_Tweed
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    The whole thing makes me sick. I never liked Jade Goody, ever since her being on Big Brother 3 UK - the series where "Am I minG-Ging?" became a catch phrase, and she gave PJ and BJ ... ugh.

Anne Widdecomb did a piece with her a while back, for a TV special that was possibly not shown, but Widdecomb talked about it anyway - it was all about education and such - and she was asking Jade the simplest questions, like "what is an MP?" - and she simply had absolutely no grasp of damn near anything, and purely read celebrity gossip rags. Basically - one of the least educated people on the planet.

I think the celebrity circus around her since BB3 has been sick, and is ESPECIALLY sick now - with these daily updates on how close to dying she is. The tabloid rag pictures of her exhausted face and bald head, her kids being paraded around in tow with her ex-druggie mother, her new husband who has been done for assault (and waiting to be done again for it apparently), meanwhile her kids are with some bloke called Jeff Brazier or some bollocks who I think was on a series of Shipwrecked years and years ago - another jack-the-lad moron.

And that bloody Max Clifford holding impromptu press conferences with the baying mob of paps following this whole circus - yeah, and what amount of cash is he raking in over her death?

How much money has been earned by people who have latched onto the 'Jade Goody brand'?

And now, here we are, with this woman who has no education at all and not talent whatsoever, parading herself as she dies in front of the lenses of the media to earn money for her kids after she's gone - the reality tv show based around this current circus, which is airing as it all happens, the 'cancer diary' that will come out soon, the magazine and tv deals - and endless cycle of "sleb teevee" garbage about one of the most unremarkable people ever to have walked the earth.

Basically - the whole thing is a tragedy, and speaks well of no-one involved, quite frankly.

I've been avoiding all this stuff like the plague, but you can never fully avoid it as it's plastered all over 24 hour news and the internet. It's ridiculous.

Ugh. Sick.

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    The whole thing makes me sick. I never liked Jade Goody, ever since her being on Big Brother 3 UK - the series where "Am I minG-Ging?" became a catch phrase, and she gave PJ and BJ ... ugh.

Anne Widdecomb did a piece with her a while back, for a TV special that was possibly not shown, but Widdecomb talked about it anyway - it was all about education and such - and she was asking Jade the simplest questions, like "what is an MP?" - and she simply had absolutely no grasp of damn near anything, and purely read celebrity gossip rags. Basically - one of the least educated people on the planet.

I think the celebrity circus around her since BB3 has been sick, and is ESPECIALLY sick now - with these daily updates on how close to dying she is. The tabloid rag pictures of her exhausted face and bald head, her kids being paraded around in tow with her ex-druggie mother, her new husband who has been done for assault (and waiting to be done again for it apparently), meanwhile her kids are with some bloke called Jeff Brazier or some bollocks who I think was on a series of Shipwrecked years and years ago - another jack-the-lad moron.

And that bloody Max Clifford holding impromptu press conferences with the baying mob of paps following this whole circus - yeah, and what amount of cash is he raking in over her death?

How much money has been earned by people who have latched onto the 'Jade Goody brand'?

And now, here we are, with this woman who has no education at all and not talent whatsoever, parading herself as she dies in front of the lenses of the media to earn money for her kids after she's gone - the reality tv show based around this current circus, which is airing as it all happens, the 'cancer diary' that will come out soon, the magazine and tv deals - and endless cycle of "sleb teevee" garbage about one of the most unremarkable people ever to have walked the earth.

Basically - the whole thing is a tragedy, and speaks well of no-one involved, quite frankly.

I've been avoiding all this stuff like the plague, but you can never fully avoid it as it's plastered all over 24 hour news and the internet. It's ridiculous.

Ugh. Sick.
    ^ This, basically.

Although I must say, I think I have done a better job than you at avoiding this stuff. Ditching my TV has really been a blessing.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    ...and how long till the Jade Goody movie...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Now she's got cancer she's a martyr?
    Bang on, son. She is a parasite of the highest order and I really couldn't give two shits. Still, the magazine (be it with her permission or not) is a tad ridiculous.

It's been speculated that when she does finally kick the bucket, it will be on par with Diana's passing. As much as I say no, the tabloids will definitely say yes. Mark my words...

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    ...and how long till the Jade Goody movie...
    ...And it will happen. Film Four styley.
    Last edited by capncnut; 19-Mar-2009 at 02:36 AM.

Administrator

England
    Bang on, son. She is a parasite of the highest order and I really couldn't give two shits. Still, the magazine (be it with her permission or not) is a tad ridiculous.

It's been speculated that when she does finally kick the bucket, it will be on par with Diana's passing. As much as I say no, the tabloids will definitely say yes. Mark my words...

...And it will happen. Film Four styley.
    Isn't Mr Goody currently locked up for his assault charges?
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    He's on a curfew - which the government promptly excused so he could spend his wedding night with her - it's what the gubment do these days, they just seek to change and waive laws on a case-by-case basis.

Apparently there's going to be some big screen TV thing outside the church to show people standing outside the funeral taking place ... ...

Diana actually did something with her life - and like Capn says, the tabloids and "sleb rags" will be all over this like a dim-witted, horny toad.

And the news channels will be COVERED in it too, and I bet you'll be able to count 5 windows of Sky News' red button interactive menu of screens, dedicated to it all.

The whole thing speaks ill of Goody herself, but also the society that allows this sort of thing to go on - i.e. the people that lap this garbage up.