Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The 'I LOVE ....' Thread

Administrator

England

Talking The 'I LOVE ....' Thread

You all seen the hate thread, a open topic where you can post your foul rants about what grinds your gears in life. Well this is the love thread, the polar oppisite. Post about the little things that really make you happy. Not obvious things like wife, kids, family.. im not talking about that just the little things that make days just abit happier.

Id have to say for a opener, red cola. Id never heard of red cola before i moved to scotland but man, it is the nicest soft drink ever and quite tasty with a drop of vodka in it it too.. Its like regular cola only red and with a ton more sugar in it.

I Know its bad for me, but i love it anyway. Same goes for curry, my absolute favourite food. The hotter the better, i eat a load of spicy food but curry will always be king.

Super Moderator

United States
    I love that someone did this, that other thread can be a bit of a downer.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Super Moderator

UK
    Andy - "Red Cola"? Never heard of it ... now Irn Bru, that I've heard of (everytime I go to Scotland I drink as much of it as I can ).

Hmmm ... random things I love ... *ponders*

I love a summer's day under specific conditions - the temperature is warm enough for shorts, but only just, the sky is wonderfully blue, and there's a gentle breeze rustling through the trees ... I love that.

Further to that, I love the sound of a nice breeze going through the trees when I'm going to sleep ... or indeed the sound of rain outside as I'm going to sleep ... and further to that, I love being in a car as it's raining when you're travelling through a nice bit of countryside (like the Lake District, for example), you feel cocooned within the car and the view is dramatic.

Hmmm ... it's much easier to think of random things I hate than random things I love.

Super Moderator

United States
    But do you like Pina Coladas, MZ?!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Andy - "Red Cola"? Never heard of it ... now Irn Bru, that I've heard of (everytime I go to Scotland I drink as much of it as I can ).

Hmmm ... random things I love ... *ponders*

I love a summer's day under specific conditions - the temperature is warm enough for shorts, but only just, the sky is wonderfully blue, and there's a gentle breeze rustling through the trees ... I love that.

Further to that, I love the sound of a nice breeze going through the trees when I'm going to sleep ... or indeed the sound of rain outside as I'm going to sleep ... and further to that, I love being in a car as it's raining when you're travelling through a nice bit of countryside (like the Lake District, for example), you feel cocooned within the car and the view is dramatic.

Hmmm ... it's much easier to think of random things I hate than random things I love.

Next time your in scotland man, TRY IT!!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I love having a good fire while its snowing out. This doesn't happen very often in my neck of the woods. Although last year we had a white christmas which was very rare and very nice.

I love the smell of gas. I don't stand over a tank and huff it or anything, but I do enjoy the smell while i'm fueling up. I dunno...

I love back scratches. Particularly from a woman with nails. I don't know why....they just relax me.

As for food....I love cheese. Just about any kind, really. My arteries are probably 75% clogged already...

England
    I make my own beer/ale from kits and when the fermentation process kicks off, depending on how well the mixing and ingredients has gone, you can gauge how good/strong the brew is going to be by the frequency and vigour of the air bubbles escaping from the airlock. Its extremely satisfying to hear the "plop" of the air bubble knowing a good drink is on its way and lots of it
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Administrator

England
    I Thought of another good one, i LOVE my xrocker chair.

After a hard day at work, stressed out, i come home and mooch in it in front of the TV. Its the comfiest chair ever, i put surround sound and bass on full, load up either a DVD or my XBOX.. heaven

United States
    I love peeing outside when it's a bit chilly and you get the piss shiver...
    Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    -I love the spicy potatoes & spicy burnt chicken dish my girlfriend makes.

-I love being involved in the underground punk/metal/hardcore scene. The energy of seeing a band play in a packed basement in a ghetto part of West Philly is a feeling most people will never experience.

-I love summer sunsets and summer nights.

-I love exploring abandoned buildings.

-I love baseball, especially The Phillies.

-I love it when friends leave their last beer or two at my house and every week or two I end up with enough random beers to get drunk for a couple of nights.

United States
    Beer.

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    I love my girl.
    I love skating. Being able to ollie while going ten or fifteen miles an hour is like flying.
    I love you guys. It wouldn't be the same without you.
    I still love playing Mischief Makers. With discretion. Too much of a good thing, yadda yadda.
    I love Pinkamina Diane Pie's tumblr.

Super Moderator

UK
    Bassman - never fear, I kinda like the smell of petrol too ... although specifically old school leaded petrol from the 1980s. Sounds kinda weird, but as a kid I'd love it when we'd stop at a petrol station to fill up ... I'd roll the window down a smidge just to get a little whiff of that 1980s leaded petrol smell. Perhaps that explains a few things...

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    I love my cat. He's a proper dude.
    I love the feeling of wheels gripping a corner as you accelerate out of a bend.
    I love going home and all the traffic lights are green
    I love summer...the hotter the better.
    I love sparking up and playing guitar in a back garden or a field, chilling out with a beer and a book and enjoying the peace.
    I love getting things right at work, when a piece perfectly comes together with shots, graphics and music.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    i love cats of all sorts.
    i love thunderstorms.
    i love the sound of a night rain on the roof.
    i love hiking in the couple of old growth forests in this area.
    i love sitting on the bank of the little miami river on a sunday afternoon.
    i love autumn and everything that goes with it.
    i love a good run in a kayak.
    i love exploring places, especially old tunnels, abandoned bldgs.
    i love rivers and moving bodies of water of all sorts.
    i love baseball.
    i love indian food and asian food in general.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."