Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Exclusive 'Autopsy of the Dead' interview clips

Undisclosed
    Dudes, it was working but now I'm just seeing code again, no links.

FIX IT!

Banned User

Undisclosed
    i don't think i could handle another doc about Night. the one on Diary and the one on the Night special edition are about 3 hours worth of facts. i don't need more!

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by octo7 View Post
    i don't think i could handle another doc about Night. the one on Diary and the one on the Night special edition are about 3 hours worth of facts.
    And in the "3 hours worth of facts," they somehow opted not to interview a majority of the folks featured in Autopsy of the Dead.

Banned User

Undisclosed
    so is autopsy just a bunch of irrelevant extras then? because Image 10 and all the major actors (besides ben) are interviewed or speak about the feature in those two documentaries and in the commentary on Night as well as bonus interview material on various editions of night.

Undisclosed
    so is autopsy just a bunch of irrelevant extras then?
    You certainly won't find out unless you buy it or watch the free interview clips on HPOTD or NOTLD68.com.

The fact is there have only been two "documentaries" on Night of the Living Dead in the last 20 years--one of which features a whopping total of five people from the film. I really have no idea why producers decide to ignore the "irrelevant" community effort that contributed to the widely-recognized Citizen Kane of horror cinema. I would guess it probably has more to do with a desire to be buddy-buddy with the film's famous director rather than actually do their job and document the people, locations and history behind this landmark horror movie.

And here's something else for you to chew on: I'm am more than happy to entertain and even welcome criticism of our modest project. I simply have no time for the idiotic apathy of the "meh" generation. If you have such a big stick up your butthole about something that you've never seen, feel free to post your enlightened comments on Amazon for the world to read. The fallout is sure to be most entertaining.

Banned User

Undisclosed
    Firstly I had no idea you were involved with the project so my comment was not a personal attack or one constructed with the aim of criticizing your efforts. Secondly I spoke out of personal opinion and not about the project itself, just the fact I don't feel the need to see more examinations of this movie. There have been far more examinations of this movie than just the two documentaries you've mentioned, another great film that comes to mind is The American Nightmare.

Lastly:
    I'm am more than happy to entertain and even welcome criticism of our modest project. I simply have no time for the idiotic apathy of the "meh" generation. If you have such a big stick up your butthole about something that you've never seen
    This is an obvious sign of the fact you have taken my comment personally. To say I have a 'stick up my butt' about a film because I mentioned the fact i don't want to see it seems a rather desperate response provoked purely by emotion. This 'meh' generation you refer to sounds like something you personally created given the fact that most of your posts seem to be made soley to be contrary to the topic at hand.
    Last edited by octo7; 24-Oct-2009 at 04:29 PM.

capncnut
    This is an obvious sign of the fact you have taken my comment personally.
    To be fair, you cockily asked if the film was a bunch of 'irrelevant extras' and posted it in a thread dedicated to the film. Did you not expect one of the filmmakers to reply and defend themselves?

Also, look at Dubs last 20 posts, almost all of them are about Autopsy Of The Dead.

Anyway, to answer your question it's not an irrelevant bunch of extras, it's pretty damn good. If you actually check out some of the reviews then you will see that it's getting a nice dose of praise.
    Last edited by capncnut; 24-Oct-2009 at 07:04 PM.

Undisclosed
    Secondly I spoke out of personal opinion and not about the project itself, just the fact I don't feel the need to see more examinations of this movie.
    And for this I have to ask: WHY? Why do you care to post your opinion about something you admittedly have no interest in seeing? Is the point to ruin it for others?

I have zero interest in a high percentage of what is posted to this message board. So does that mean I should exercise poor judgment and act out in those threads under the excuse of "personal opinion"?

Re: The American Nightmare -- While it's a great examination of the modern horror film as it began in the 60s and 70s, if you believe it even remotely qualifies as a "documentary" on the making of Night of the Living Dead, then you don't get it and obviously Autopsy of the Dead isn't for you. Move on to something else.

ViP

United States
    links aren't working again...

Banned User

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    And for this I have to ask: WHY? Why do you care to post your opinion about something you admittedly have no interest in seeing? Is the point to ruin it for others?

I have zero interest in a high percentage of what is posted to this message board. So does that mean I should exercise poor judgment and act out in those threads under the excuse of "personal opinion"?

Re: The American Nightmare -- While it's a great examination of the modern horror film as it began in the 60s and 70s, if you believe it even remotely qualifies as a "documentary" on the making of Night of the Living Dead, then you don't get it and obviously Autopsy of the Dead isn't for you. Move on to something else.
    i thought the whole aim of an internet message board was to discuss things. so should i only post about things i like from now on? And no i did not say the American Nghtmare was a documentary about Night of the Living Dead i said it examined the movie, and it does, to great effect.

-- -------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    To be fair, you cockily asked if the film was a bunch of 'irrelevant extras' and posted it in a thread dedicated to the film. Did you not expect one of the filmmakers to reply and defend themselves?

Also, look at Dubs last 20 posts, almost all of them are about Autopsy Of The Dead.

Anyway, to answer your question it's not an irrelevant bunch of extras, it's pretty damn good. If you actually check out some of the reviews then you will see that it's getting a nice dose of praise.
    "cockily" asked a question about the topic? what is this 1984? and no i didn't read anything about this documentary. I guess it really must be a bunch of irrelevant extras for people to be getting so irate over me asking a couple of questions and expressing disinterest. good sale guys.

Administrator

England
    Octo you seem to be worked up somewhat on this subject, you have to understand that the aim of a internet message board is to discuss things deemed suitable by the administrators of that board, not whatever you please.

Autopsy was made by very respected members here and jim has said he is "more than happy to entertain and even welcome criticism of our modest project." But the problem is that rather than constructive criticsm you seem to be outright insulting a DVD which you have not seen and, from your posts, have no intention of seeing.

Firstly, jim has already stated that he will listen to your criticsm and he has done, more than fairly. But insulting him or his projects will not be accepted on here as it would not be accepted anywhere else. So please dont insult my members, their hard work or my staff members.

Secondly, i have seen autopsy and would not call it "a bunch of irrelevant extras", i think its a great look at night of the living dead and a fantastic insight, like jim said why dont you buy it, watch it and then pass judgement?

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    so is autopsy just a bunch of irrelevant extras then? because Image 10 and all the major actors (besides ben) are interviewed or speak about the feature in those two documentaries and in the commentary on Night as well as bonus interview material on various editions of night.
    That's kinda the whole point of this project though - it's the other side of the story, if you will - we've all heard Romero's take on the film, and seen interviews with Russo and all the main actors, but this documentary seems to be giving the story from the POV of the "little people" involved in the film - the zombies, the crew, the extras, etc. - who have a different perspective and don't look back on the film as part of a "career" but a great community effort of which they have fond memories. So I think it will be worth a watch.

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

Oh, he's banned now... nevermind then!

capncnut
    This is still not showing the links, can we get a technician down here please?

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post

Here are some exclusive interview clips from Autopsy of the Dead:-

Clip 1 - Bill Hinzman (cemetery ghoul) on early career, working at The Latent Image.

Clip 2 - Bill Hinzman (cemetery ghoul) on the making of Jack's Wife and The Crazies

Clip 3 - Kyra Schon (Karen Cooper) on first reaction to seeing Night of the Living Dead

Clip 4 - Kyra Schon (Karen Cooper) on monster movies

Clip 5 - Kyra Schon (Karen Cooper) on a scene cut from Night of the Living Dead

Clip 6 - Kyra Schon (Karen Cooper) on working with Duane Jones and the cast of Night of the Living Dead
    Fixed

capncnut
    Good man. Thanks for that, bro.